The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

soldier-of-love-2.jpg

soldier-of-love-6.jpg

I just copped my first DSLR, got a d90 out of love for Nikon. I know its an old camera and there have been a lot of newer bodies out but I`ve used it before and loved it. Plus Nikon lenses greater than Canon 
pimp.gif
.  I just opened up a flickr account and hope to get better as I continue to build up my lens collection. I appreciate any words of criticism or appreciation. Im currently using the 55-200 mm lens for all these photos.

Its too bad that chess set pic was not dramatic enough. I was just messing around with the camera and was at a hookah lounge when i snapped the pic. It turned out good, but there is no action on the board. The king is not in check nor are the pieces situated correctly so it looses a lot of validity, but i still like it.

6102947444_e3de3837e3_b.jpg

The Killer.

6102410907_162549e4cd_b.jpg

Aiming for that creamy cheese bokeh, didnt work lol

6102409213_9237fbe288_b.jpg

Mornin` commute

6102953270_89b395481d_b.jpg

Sunrise illumination.

6102404223_687b8a8ce9_b.jpg

Exposure.

6102945916_cebae0bbbf_b.jpg

Originally Posted by hadegbite

wale by hadegbite, on Flickr
with a photo such as this....I've gotten better with taking photos at night using my tripod (any low light situation)...assuming the subject is NOT moving.
This low light photo of a performer probably moving around a ton, what settings did you use to snap a photo such as this? (obviously no flash)

Need some help NT. Looking into copping a new lens. I have a Nikon 18-200mm and plan to cop a 50mm. Trying to decide between the 1.8D, 1.8G, or should I go for a 1.4? Im leaning toward the 1.8s because money is am issue since I'm planning on copping a new camera as well.

Yo Dunks you got some wicked gear man, i just scoped the flickr page with the glass, some beautiful things foreal. Is this what you do in schoolÉ

Originally Posted by Smokey13

Need some help NT. Looking into copping a new lens. I have a Nikon 18-200mm and plan to cop a 50mm. Trying to decide between the 1.8D, 1.8G, or should I go for a 1.4? Im leaning toward the 1.8s because money is am issue since I'm planning on copping a new camera as well.
I'm kinda in the same boat as you.  I also have an 18-200mm and initially thought of getting a 50 1.8G.  Never considered the 1.4 cuz it was a lot more expensive.  After a bit of research and asking-around, I've decided on getting the 35 1.8G instead.  I'll be using the lens more as a general-use lens and, as I've been told, the 50's better for portraits, while the 35 is better for general use.

I'm taking a Digital Photography this semester and our first project was to use a scanner to create images. Never thought to use a scanner in such a way to produce "photographs." Here's a few that I'm turning in.

Back
Top Bottom