The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

I've been looking for a nice camera neck strap for a long time now and a while ago I learned about CPS camera straps and what it takes to become a member in the Canon Professional Services... 

This one is really nice:

34ijvki.jpg

Now I've been using the "stock" strap Canon gives us with our camera bodies but I've been looking to upgrade... 

Spoiler [+]
169ki14.jpg

This is a long shot but after seeing that oh-so-sexy limited edition Crumpler Canon EOS RED Connor was rockin' a page or two ago my search began again and I'm wondering if anyone here on Niketalk can point me in the direction of one...

I gave up because they are so hard to find and some photography forums actually force you to pay just to post in their WTB/FS sections... 
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

fp4eb7.jpg

*Drools*

^are you on POTN? I haven't had to pay to post in the WTS/WTB section

& that Canon one is limited edition. But if you want the comforts of a Crumpler, get a Crumpler. But if you're looking to cop simply for aesthetics, the chances of your finding a good one on the cheaper end is difficult.

One for the day:
6288715445_6d5169ee39_z.jpg

Originally Posted by solemunchies

^are you on POTN? I haven't had to pay to post in the WTS/WTB section

& that Canon one is limited edition. But if you want the comforts of a Crumpler, get a Crumpler. But if you're looking to cop simply for aesthetics, the chances of your finding a good one on the cheaper end is difficult.

One for the day:

I've seen more results of what I'm looking for on other forums but I'll give them a shot...thanks for the response..!

And yeah I tried out the Crumpler and it is super comfortable..! A bit bulky and won't fit in small bags but the comfort makes up for it in my opinion...

That limited edition Crumpler Industry Disgrace Canon EOS RED though is just too boss - I'll continue searching... *ACTIVATE HYPEBEAST MODE*

^^^^I swear Santi has that strap or had it.

And just helping out my Fatlace fam again for people that want different straps. Haven't seen it in person but it looks similar to the stock straps that Canon and Nikon has. I am getting mine tomorrow so I can let you guys know more about it later.

ftlcstrap.jpg
spdhtrstrap.jpg

camerastrapdetail.jpg

Yeah I had that strap a while ago. I think I bought it on eBay for like $60? Don't remember. I sold it about a month later cause I decided to go Gripped+Hand strap. It was comfy though. I want one of the Fatlace ones but they look just as uncomfortable as the regular Canon ones. 

Lot of great stuff in here! Really making me want to get out more
laugh.gif
 I have a question...
I own an XS and plan on upgrading. I'm saving up for a 5D, or maybe a T3i, but meanwhile I want to pick up a few lenses that don't burn a hole in my wallet. I'm looking for a decent wide angle, and a simple upgrade from my kit zoom lens. Anything $300 or less for each one?

Hey all...

Haven't been on NT in a loooong minute, but I was wondering if anyone local to the Seattle / Tacoma, Washington area does wedding photography. The date is June 2012, so there is some time to look around, but I figured I would hit up the NT community before going to the usual suspects. Looking for about 4-6 hours of work mid-day on a Saturday. I wouldn't need prints (DVD of photos is fine), so I'm looking to pay for #1 SKILL and #2 professionalism / organization / execution. You can reply to the thread or shoot me a PM. Links to a portfolio would be helpful to start. Thanks NT, hope to hear from some of you.

Originally Posted by Luong1209

Might switch from a DSLR to a Micro 4/3rds camera, Panasonic GF2 to be exact.

Opinions?
 One of the biggest reasons why I stick with a dslr is because of how many people have them. The more people actually own a certain item, the cheaper things become. Finding parts for rare items or items that aren't really used by the majority of the general population is usually a lot harder in comparison to having an item that everybody uses.

With that said, I know of one person with a Micro, it's a great camera but he's running lone-gun.
Originally Posted by weezyfeezy

Hey all...

Haven't been on NT in a loooong minute, but I was wondering if anyone local to the Seattle / Tacoma, Washington area does wedding photography. The date is June 2012, so there is some time to look around, but I figured I would hit up the NT community before going to the usual suspects. Looking for about 4-6 hours of work mid-day on a Saturday. I wouldn't need prints (DVD of photos is fine), so I'm looking to pay for #1 SKILL and #2 professionalism / organization / execution. You can reply to the thread or shoot me a PM. Links to a portfolio would be helpful to start. Thanks NT, hope to hear from some of you.
If you're on ISS, contact Connor Surdi or his buddy: Henderson Nguyen (he's an NTer, don't know the username), I know Henderson posts here from time to time.

solemunchies wrote:
If you're on ISS, contact Connor Surdi or his buddy: Henderson Nguyen (he's an NTer, don't know the username), I know Henderson posts here from time to time.

Thanks a bunch man.  Saw both of them have flickr pages, will check out their work and contact em via there.  'Preciate it!

Originally Posted by Mr Fongstarr

Just don't get that Nikon micro 4/3rds. That has been getting bad review so far.
I'm only in favor of switching, solely because of the Panasonic GF line.
Originally Posted by solemunchies

Originally Posted by Luong1209

Might switch from a DSLR to a Micro 4/3rds camera, Panasonic GF2 to be exact.

Opinions?
 One of the biggest reasons why I stick with a dslr is because of how many people have them. The more people actually own a certain item, the cheaper things become. Finding parts for rare items or items that aren't really used by the majority of the general population is usually a lot harder in comparison to having an item that everybody uses.

With that said, I know of one person with a Micro, it's a great camera but he's running lone-gun.
Awesome, thanks!

Found a GF2 for $230 body only, brand new.

Back
Top Bottom