The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

Originally Posted by Mr Fongstarr

I have to see sample pics from the D800 but so far, I am kind of dissapointed. Yes it is a 36mp camera but I thought they would at least get the ISO to match up to the Mark 2s standards. And isn't the price way more then when the D700 came out?
The D800/D800E isn't exactly a D700 replacement. It's geared more towards studio and landscape photographers. Also, if I'm not mistaken, then D700 retailed at $3200 when it first came out, so for all the features the D800 comes with, the $2900 price tag is pretty damn impressive. Right now I'm waiting to see how Canon responds with the 5D Mark III. Personally, I just want the same 21mp resolution with improved ISO capabilities, full weather sealing, dual card slots, pro auto-focus and a sub $3000 price. I'm heavily invested in Canon gear but if they get lazy (as they did with the 5D2 auto-focus) and put out a lousy camera compared to the impressive D800, I'll consider jumping ship and switch to Nikon. The insane jump in price of the new Canon lenses are pretty shocking (24-70L II being $1000+ compared to its predecessor) so I'm leaving it to the 5D Mark III to determine whether I stick with them.

Originally Posted by shoefreakbaby

Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX5 or Nikon Coolpix P7100?
I'd recommend the Canon S95/S100. A very impressive camera for such a small package.

http://like-a-mad-tea-party.blogspot.com/

new pics uploaded
smile.gif

If I'm looking to make the jump to full frame from a T1i, would it better to wait for the Canon 5D MK III or the Nikon D800 or maybe just wait for the 5D MK II to drop in price a little bit?

Originally Posted by mikejs210

If I'm looking to make the jump to full frame from a T1i, would it better to wait for the Canon 5D MK III or the Nikon D800 or maybe just wait for the 5D MK II to drop in price a little bit?

I would just wait. Regardless, the Mark 3 might offer something pretty spectacular and it that isn't your choice, the Mark 2 would surely go down in a price a little or offer a better bundle package. I just don't think the D800 is that big of a deal. That's what I am doing anyways.

Originally Posted by Mr Fongstarr

I would just wait. Regardless, the Mark 3 might offer something pretty spectacular and it that isn't your choice, the Mark 2 would surely go down in a price a little or offer a better bundle package. I just don't think the D800 is that big of a deal. That's what I am doing anyways.
Thanks for the advice.  Any speculation on what the Mark 3 could offer?

Imo, wait for the new dslr's to drop and wait until the price has dropped for the previous bodies. This way, the amount of money you could of spent on a new dslr, you now have a new body plus a possibility of having new lens as well.

Need some advice NTers..

Im going to upgrade my camera when i get my tax money, I really want to get a 7D right now. lowest Brand new i can find is around $1260 body only. learned that canon got this CLP (canon loyalty program) going on. which is you can trade any old canon digital camera (point and shoot or dslr with serial no.) even if its broken then you get 20% off on canon refurb DSLR. right now 7D refurb on canon site is $1360 and i can get it for $1088 using CLP. im trying to get that tamron 28-75mm f2.8 to go with the 7D. That makes my $1500 budget just right.

Should i jump on the refurb 7D or get the brand new then save bit more and get that 28-75mm 2.8 tamron?

* I dont want the 60D even though their both got crop sensor.
THANKS!

Originally Posted by raffstyleXX

Need some advice NTers..

Im going to upgrade my camera when i get my tax money, I really want to get a 7D right now. lowest Brand new i can find is around $1260 body only. learned that canon got this CLP (canon loyalty program) going on. which is you can trade any old canon digital camera (point and shoot or dslr with serial no.) even if its broken then you get 20% off on canon refurb DSLR. right now 7D refurb on canon site is $1360 and i can get it for $1088 using CLP. im trying to get that tamron 28-75mm f2.8 to go with the 7D. That makes my $1500 budget just right.

Should i jump on the refurb 7D or get the brand new then save bit more and get that 28-75mm 2.8 tamron?

* I dont want the 60D even though their both got crop sensor.
THANKS!
Not a bad deal imo, the 7D preforms very well under low light situations and can handle high iso just like a fully frame body, it's really amazing. As for the Tamron 28-75mm F/2.8, that lens is sharp, even at 2.8. Not only that, if you ever upgrade to a full frame body, it's a full frame lens, so you'll already have a mid-zoom range lens already. Hope this helps. 
Baybully650 - San Francisco.

Back
Top Bottom