The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

Harmito, you may want to try the squaready app if you're using an iPhone.

First time shooting light trails today,

wanted to include the light pole to add some type of depth to the trail

Good stuff. Next time try to get the light trail of the brake lights. I think they come out really nice. Also use a wider angle so that there is more drama/ space to really see where the trail is going

Thanks, I do have a site -> http://www.bammesphoto.com
It needs some serious updating though. Thinking bout starting over from scratch.
mean.gif
Checked the site out. Dope stuff

Hey, is $700 a good deal on a 7D body?

New yes...used, still a little under but depends on the amount of clicks and wear. Camera is pretty old considering it came out in 2009. Probably will be even cheaper whenever the 7D mark 2 comes out.

Hey, is $700 a good deal on a 7D body?

New yes...used, still a little under but depends on the amount of clicks and wear. Camera is pretty old considering it came out in 2009. Probably will be even cheaper whenever the 7D mark 2 comes out.
Ok so should I wait? I am trying to upgrade from this 50D and need suggestions. Trying to stay in the $700 to $1200 range

Last edited:

Good stuff. Next time try to get the light trail of the brake lights. I think they come out really nice. Also use a wider angle so that there is more drama/ space to really see where the trail is going

+1 on that, or either have something interesting fill up the frame behind the light trail?

Checked the site out. Dope stuff
Thanks homie.

When it comes to external flash, what should i be looking at ? i have a T3i. i don't know if that makes a difference. 

You can start here Amazon product ASIN B00BXA7N6AThe only thing is you don't have ETTL on the external flash. The Canon external flashes cost a lot more and the entry level ones don't have slave modes like the Yongnuo. If you plan on being a club photographer then get the canon flash it will help with the focus, if not save a few coins and cop the Yongnuo. Hope this helps.

Thanks homie.
You can start here Amazon product ASIN B00BXA7N6AThe only thing is you don't have ETTL on the external flash. The Canon external flashes cost a lot more and the entry level ones don't have slave modes like the Yongnuo. If you plan on being a club photographer then get the canon flash it will help with the focus, if not save a few coins and cop the Yongnuo. Hope this helps.

No club photography for me. Just general usage. Thank you I will look into it.

Got 6D kit last week and 70-200 f4 yesterday.. coming from 350D its been a while since i hold a camera everyday. Im having an interest on capturing milky way and sky..so let see. now im saving to get a fast wide, im too broke right now after buying this kit and lens but:pimp:

I need to get a new machine for post processing of my photo. my old laptap screen is :smh:

Last edited:
Anyone know if 6D prices have hit the $1500 mark yet? Think there were some deals at that price point back in Nov/Dec but wasn't ready to buy back then.

Took some photos on my Vegas trip..was on the move for most of them so not my best work, but glad I brought the camera out. Also my first time running around with the Tamron 28-75 lens. Shot with a Canon T3i

More on my flickr page - www.flickr.com/photos/trentd 

Can you guys recommend a good wide angle lens for shooting buildings/landscape? Looking for something under $500

Back
Top Bottom