The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

What's good NT, don't want to post my life story but long story short, always been fascinated with photography but never got around to it. Instagram has been an awesome tool as well as very convenient with having a camera to access on your phonemto mess with quick shots and edits but I think I'm finally ready to take it up a notch and buy my first DSLR. I've been recommended by a few NT'ers on IG as well as reading numerous websites to go with the Canon T3i as first good camera to start with. I've always liked to buy out the store brand new. For example, I was thinking about going to Best Buy and buy the T3i. However, before doing that I really wanted to get perspective on how some of you approached the situation on getting your first camera. So my question is, should I look into used since this is my first real camera, refurbished, or brand new? And should I stick to in-store or better off looking for better deals online? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

i really recommend looking at mirrorless cameras as well, some are every bit as capable as their bigger dslr bredren; and the smaller size of some mirrorless cams could be the difference between discreetly having the camera with you on more occasions rather than leaving a bigger camera behind. i think used is fine (just means you have to figure out what makes for a good used camera), but you may want to go new just for peace of mind/the warranty situation...most cameras are really good these days and are more than adequate, so finding something that fits you/how you want to use it. the benefit to a canon & nikon camera is that they are very well established systems & should you ever want to upgrade you're already familiar and have compatible lenses/equipment...

For the guys who shoot events I.e. weddings, sports really anything that requires quick and multiple shots, do you rely on autofocus or do you manual focus?

there some pretty cool and impressive shots inside here.

unfortunately i dont do photography at all and im terrible at taking photos

wow. holy crap. i havent been in here for a minute....

Bruhhh Fong has been talking a lot about you whenever I asked about light painting cars. Your stuff is veryyyy nice! I've been looking at your flickr stream since Fong put me on it. Dope stuff :smokin

One day I'll be on your level.

Edit: I don't think this photo is worthy of being posted after all the epicness that is in the last few pages so open at your own risk

Last edited:
Awe snap, Quick is back. Nice photos my man.
hello good sir! btw it was def nice to meet you a few months back! 
Bruhhh Fong has been talking a lot about you whenever I asked about light painting cars. Your stuff is veryyyy nice! I've been looking at your flickr stream since Fong put me on it. Dope stuff 
smokin.gif

One day I'll be on your level.

Edit: I don't think this photo is worthy of being posted after all the epicness that is in the last few pages so open at your own risk
thank you for the kind words! 

some of you guys need to lay off the filters & saturation lol

EVERYONE uses filters and edits their own way, is part of developing their own style, otherwise everyone's pictures will literally look the same, I rely heavy on bringing out as much color from my pictures the same way others rely heavy on the high pass filter look of VSCO...it's just preference, so long as you like the outcome of your shots, is all that matters...lol

Yo Pat! Waddup bruh!

Still using that rug from a few years back...had me about to make my own rig and prolly destroy my cam...lol

she was bouncing up and down on someones knee, my camera's af isn't great so had to take what i could get. still think it works though

^^^Nice seeing you too man. I need to shadow you one day. I need to just shadow a photographer in general that knows what I don't know.

One more. Forgot I had one in color that didn't look right in black and white:

folsom-2.png

One new pic from two days ago at a power shoot in ATL. Conditions were horrible. Photographers and models running around everywhere. Sun was in and out changing everything. Ended up using a reflector overhead (black side) to shade the model and then fill with a speedlight and rogue flash bender so the background wasn't overexposed. Happy with the outcome tho.

^^^^^Damn dude....super sick. You hitting those happy hours all the time. Exposures are perfect.

Yes Sir .... I been looking at places, but I don't want to shoot them until the fall foliage .. so while I on my way back I find places that I have shot, but would look better during sunset ....

Thanks BTW....

On my wedding flow this passed weekend with the Holdfast camera bag and holster, love that combo

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom