The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

how do u just separate the sky? We are talking about HDR correct?

Not HDR. Fong is talking about shooting a car with flash. What a lot of people do is set the camera on a tripod, and shoot various exposures as you move the flash around to expose certain areas. Then in post, you blend (stack all the layers, and mask/delete certain areas) all those images to get the car fully exposed.

Here's sort of a tutorial if you don't know what light painting is. All Quicks shots on the other page is done that way. For whatever reason, I thought you had to blend the backgrounds in but I guess masking the car is the proper way.

Here's sort of a tutorial if you don't know what light painting is. All Quicks shots on the other page is done that way. For whatever reason, I thought you had to blend the backgrounds in but I guess masking the car is the proper way.

That was an awesome tutorial. Definitely want to try it out.

It's true what he says after you composite your shot. The photo isn't even a photo by true nature and almost becomes fake. His shot was cool but looked too much imo. I like how there is a balance of realism but also have the car look surreal at the same time.

Love these two from Quick's work. Both cars contrast well from their background and environment.

LL
900x900px-LL-0244e47b_14967222712_c2cceec79c_o.jpeg

That tutorial is nice. I just can'tsm see myself spending 30 hours on a image.

I would love to try something like that though.

hurry up.. LoL.. One question i had asked you and that was do you use strobe to shoot infants or all its with natural lightingm

I use a strobe, natural light is awesome but unpredictable, you need the right diffuser tho, the Westcott 50" soft box is the best I've found but not very easy to get, I also use an Einstein :smile:

I use a strobe, natural light is awesome but unpredictable, you need the right diffuser tho, the Westcott 50" soft box is the best I've found but not very easy to get, I also use an Einstein :smile:
i have some ABs with giant octabox or beauty dish with defuser.

@qu1ckst3r awesome shots man. Forever an inspiration for automotive photography.

I'd be down for that flickr group / weekly theme. Finally upgraded to a 6D. Gotta shoot more now!

Welcome to the 6D club my dude! You have the 28mm, 24-105 and what else? I also have both of those lenses but never got around to using the 28mm often.

I need to get a speedlite to try this. Got a buddy that wants to do a shoot and I was thinking of going to a dark parking lot with a flash and going about doing this. What is he using as an attachment to the flash?

I think number 2 is the best follow by 4 wouldn't post anymore than that. But yeah 2 is def a banger fo sure. .... Love.

Been a while... Recent work this past month or two. Been balancing three jobs, school, and wedding/photo events all in one. Photo bomb.

--

Recent Wedding & Engagement work. I have a lot more I haven't had the chance to work on.

A lot more on the blog, check it out.

IG - @dunksrnice
www.dunksrnice.net

OMG I've been MIA. With work x school, it's been hectic. Plus I just bought a new car so that's where my extra lens money is going :lol:

I'm going to try to get some shots of my car off before I leave for Vegas on Friday. Happy shooting all!

Is it possible to get good long exposure shots with a monopod?

I'm going to a few attractions that don't allow tripods.

I mean unless you can lean it on something and not make it move, it could work but I'd imagine it'd be very difficult, especially anything over 5 seconds.

Thanks for responding to the pm.

I ended up getting another tripod. No one even noticed I was using one in the Willis tower.

Back
Top Bottom