The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

M3 in black. Looks like it has a flip screen and a pop up flash. Wonder if the focus will be better. Would be cool if that flash part was a viewfinder like the Sony.

m3qgu1n.jpg

m3_backx2zuo.jpg
might be a little late but if the price is right on this im letting my T3i go finally 

might be a little late but if the price is right on this im letting my T3i go finally 

Will probably be $599 from the get go. What will really get Canon back in the mirrorless game is the autofocus. Image quality on this camera has never been the bad thing. From little personal use on my M, the battery life sucks and the controls are little odd with the lack of buttons. I found shooting on manual to be quite a pain. Overall. I like the compactness of the camera. For some reason I can't seem to let my M go and since I am getting the adaptor soon, I am going to try and shoot some close up long exposures with long lenses. I still wouldn't let my DLSR go though cause I hate cameras with no view finders. That;'s me though.

Last edited:
Just posted my 70D. Think I might invest in that Sony A7II

I definitely would recommend trying it out before purchasing, especially coming from a dslr, to see if you can work with it...great camera but it isn't for everyone...

Where are you selling our camera? Craigslist? I need to dumb my Mark 2 asap now that this new 5D is coming out. I don't know why I am so paranoid in selling this in person. I just feel I am going to get jacked or something.

I definitely would recommend trying it out before purchasing, especially coming from a dslr, to see if you can work with it...great camera but it isn't for everyone...

[COLOR=#red]So you already have the A7 version 2? Even the A7 is a great camera and the second version improves on that both capability wise and ergonomically. A good photographer would learn to use it after a short grace period regardless if he came from a DSLR or not. Of course he can work with it, it's not like he's learning to fly a jet :lol: it's a camera.

[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#red]The 5D Mark IV may have 3 models and 2 are rumored to be 50MP. You can thank the competition for that move. Innovation and upgrades were so slow when it was just Canikon sitting on their a** content with what they had at the time.[/COLOR]

I know I crap on them from time to time but they sure put on a good show. Flask Mob recap in LA:

http://thehundreds.com/flask-mob-vs-lapd/

I went to the first 2 meetings. It was definitely cool at first but I got over the whole thing really fast. Maybe because it was really unorganized back then and we spent like 2-3 hours walking around the same block..

Maybe it's just not for me, but if you're barely getting into photography or are looking to connect you should definitely check it out. I guess I enjoy being a lone-shooter like Fong.

I went to the first 2 meetings. It was definitely cool at first but I got over the whole thing really fast. Maybe because it was really unorganized back then and we spent like 2-3 hours walking around the same block..

Maybe it's just not for me, but if you're barely getting into photography or are looking to connect you should definitely check it out. I guess I enjoy being a lone-shooter like Fong.

I did it before and while it was cool and met some guys, the whole thing reeked of elitism...so I was turned off by it...dudes wasn't trying to interact with me till they would look up my IG handle which was on my name tag the organizer handed out...then they were all interested in what I did...it was funny...don't think I'd do it again....I also like to be alone..

I did it before and while it was cool and met some guys, the whole thing reeked of elitism...so I was turned off by it...dudes wasn't trying to interact with me till they would look up my IG handle which was on my name tag the organizer handed out...then they were all interested in what I did...it was funny...don't think I'd do it again....I also like to be alone..

Spot on. People waiting on you to follow them first, checking to see if you have a full-frame camera, making sure your photos are symmetrical enough, or which Nikes you have hanging off a high enough building.

I feel like a photo hipster haha, "I've been doing this before it was cool". Really though, I've never been too good at interacting with others on social media so props to those that get noticed on that. I'm just going to keep to myself like I have been and wait for my time.

[COLOR=#red]Elitism in photography? Nah can't be true. But one could argue there's a slight level of it in this thread. Comes with the territory I suppose.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#red]Elitism in photography? Nah can't be true. But one could argue there's a slight level of it in this thread. Comes with the territory I suppose.[/COLOR]

Photography has become more a lifestyle than ever since Instagram. Instagram itself is a fad so it's obvious that we're going to have people trying to jump on for popularity or because it's "cool". You have people competing with each other to see who takes the riskiest shot and people complaining when you snap the same photo as them. To me that is elitism, when you feel like you "own" a spot or a shot. I can definitely tell a difference in people snapping for themselves and people who do it for the likes/follows.

[COLOR=#red]So you already have the A7 version 2? Even the A7 is a great camera and the second version improves on that both capability wise and ergonomically. A good photographer would learn to use it after a short grace period regardless if he came from a DSLR or not. Of course he can work with it, it's not like he's learning to fly a jet :lol: it's a camera.

[/COLOR]

i have the a7r, and it is not that is difficult but it is quite a bit smaller body and the lenses are still relatively large which people say can be weird when handling and not as stable as a bigger dslr...it is just different enough that it may be worth it to try it out 1st before switching systems...as well as sony mirrorless cameras being slightly quirky in some ways...

loosies:

Untitled by me_myself_n_eye, on Flickr

fuzhou after dark: side street by me_myself_n_eye, on Flickr

anxiety by me_myself_n_eye, on Flickr

on the job by me_myself_n_eye, on Flickr

pathfinding by me_myself_n_eye, on Flickr

Last edited:

Where are you selling our camera? Craigslist? I need to dumb my Mark 2 asap now that this new 5D is coming out. I don't know why I am so paranoid in selling this in person. I just feel I am going to get jacked or something.
I listed on eBay and Craigslist. Hoping to get a deal through PayPal so I listed it kinda high on eBay. Def do a meet up at a Police station or Bank if you feel nervous.

Back
Top Bottom