The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

From my most recent visit to Yosemite a couple weeks ago:

19696157632_f9dc1e5d4e_c.jpg

19515295060_7617915cbb_c.jpg

19515256188_f7eabdceba_c.jpg

19516648919_c394872dae_c.jpg

19677076506_b5c23d4545_c.jpg

19515280350_90d678b025_c.jpg

Question for y'all. WHy is it when I upload pics to instagram they come out all grainy? What can I do about that

Question for y'all. WHy is it when I upload pics to instagram they come out all grainy? What can I do about that
Yeah, do you use Android? It's been well-documented that the image compression algorithm or whatever for Android really messes up shots.

messed around with my new camera at Lake Tahoe the other day.

Did as much as i could to get a long exposure shot without a filter but it wasn't great. Just ordered a B+W 10 stop filter so i can start doing some long exposure stuff

Last edited:
Didn't realize how important Vibration Reduction was on my lens. The replacement I bought doesn't have it and is trash 
mean.gif

Didn't realize how important Vibration Reduction was on my lens. The replacement I bought doesn't have it and is trash 
mean.gif
Just realized VR meant Vibration Reduction 
laugh.gif
 Thank you sir. Might have to turn it on one of these days 

Big difference when it's off and you're free hand. Try it now and see how frustrated you get :lol:
I meant when its on a tripod. Like if its on I think is counterproductive but I could be wrong. I Already know the benefits when you are free handed.

I meant when its on a tripod. Like if its on I think is counterproductive but I could be wrong. I Already know the benefits when you are free handed.

I heard it is counterproductive if you use it for long exposure on a tripod.

I mostly shoot primes that don't have VR other than my 105 macro. I would rather shoot at a faster shutter speed than worry about the VR

I usually turn it on when I'm free hand and turn it off on tripod. Not sure if it makes a differenc
Big difference when it's off and you're free hand. Try it now and see how frustrated you get 
laugh.gif
Crazy thing is that I couldn't get video recording to work to save my life a while back. It worked right around the time I turned VR on and I just assumed that's what it meant. 

For those that have a Fuji X100T, how do you like it? Seems like a really good camera.

I was given a Nikon D60 when I graduated from college in 2008. Never really used it. Wanna start using it again. Any recommendations on a second lens?

For those that have a Fuji X100T, how do you like it? Seems like a really good camera.
This is my first camera, and I really enjoy it.  I only shoot in jpeg right now, and it is good enough for what I want as a complete amatuer.  Had it a few months, and still figuring things out, so I hope to continue to improve the images I am getting.  

They seem to drop a new version towards the end of the year, so you may want to wait on that, or wait until the X100T price drops.

i had the idea to do some painting with light pictures of my car while also doing long exposure to get the night sky in the background. 

This was my first attempt, definitely have some work to do to get it to come out how i want it, and most of the shots weren't focused right especially the wheels. looking for some advice and constructive criticism so i can improve on it. so let me know if you have any for me. Especially if anyone has advice on the best way to get the subject in focus when shooting in the dark.

i need to use a dimmer light so i can get around the car with the light a little more

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom