The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

lokiD40 - how did you do that HDR?

I am asking cause you responded in one day, and adobo only threw up one pic. It takes me quite some time to do HDR pieces and I am always using an underexposed, overexposded, and properly exposed pic. Software? Recommendations? Thanks.

DRich30:
pimp.gif

4556519202_d0ec547a79.jpg

4556518344_d05b106f2f.jpg

4556518124_5664478321.jpg

4555890137_e2473961e8.jpg

Questions for people that know. I am kind of taking the next step down (can't really say up) and want to get into shooting some film. First thing is first which is getting a camera. And now when I say down, I am not looking for another SLR camera. I am want something that is compact to kind of carry with me while I even have my DSLR. It's kind of hipster-%+$ but I want to take baby steps into this I guess and get something cheap.

I looked into some forums and saw this Canonet QL 17. It is dubbed the poor man's Leica:

67460652_2a9f716b94.jpg

And was even interested in this Fujifilm DL mini camera as well. shoots panoramics:

197486582_757190d7e5.jpg

Ex:

2179819195_38f0dd6246.jpg

Anyone else have any suggestions or want to share their 2 cents on what they shoot with?

And photo dump from my D90:

megatrondon-1.jpg

megatrondon-2.jpg

mancation-13.jpg

mancation-14.jpg

mancation-16.jpg

mancation-20.jpg

mancation-17.jpg

mancation-2.jpg

mancation-6.jpg

mancation-11.jpg

Originally Posted by lazybonejone

lokiD40 - how did you do that HDR?

I am asking cause you responded in one day, and adobo only threw up one pic. It takes me quite some time to do HDR pieces and I am always using an underexposed, overexposded, and properly exposed pic. Software? Recommendations? Thanks.

lazybonejone - even w/one jpeg you can create an HDR (although not as intense as a raw image). I just opened up the pic on LR, changed the exposures and made 7 versions and used photomatix. hope this helps

Fong: I've wanted to get a film rangefinder for the longest like the Canonet or a Voigtlander. If I was ballin' then I'd get a Leica. The thing is though where would I look, I wouldn't be as trusty from craigslist because I don't know that much about how they work.

Originally Posted by AirPhilippines

Fong: I've wanted to get a film rangefinder for the longest like the Canonet or a Voigtlander. If I was ballin' then I'd get a Leica. The thing is though where would I look, I wouldn't be as trusty from craigslist because I don't know that much about how they work.

Yeah I hear you. I kind of feel like I am coming into a new hobby in itself just figuring out what is hot and what is not with compact film cameras. I don't even want to get into something expensive like a Leica. I guess my goal it to find a gem of sort and spend literally nothing on it and produce work that cannot be duplicated with the hi-end DLSRs. It's kind of like getting a lomo but I don't want to go the lomo route. I hit up a couple of people on Craigslist on the Canonet and they were selling it for like $65.

I asked on some other boards and even looked up some stuff on Flickr and it is interesting how these old cameras can be so expensive since they are known as vintage now.

Example:

Nikon 35ti. Read somewhere that it is one of the better compact film cameras out there and it goes for about $400 used on ebay. Funny thing is that they say these are old cameras but this came out in 1993. Maybe cause I am from that generation but I don't find a camera made in 93 that old.

nikon35ti.jpg

Originally Posted by ThA BLK NiTE

wow drich great concert pics what lens were you using and what camera. love em

Thanks. I shoot with a 7d. I used a 85mm 1.8 amd 35mm 1.4 

thanks lokid40 - i don't have photomatix, but was recommended that by a friend.  i'll look into it.  thanks again.

This past weekend I had the amazing opportunity to shoot the 116th Anuual Penn Relays at Franklin Field in Philadelphia. Here are some photos from the meet (I haven't gotten a chance to go through and edit all of the photos that I intend to). The full set can be viewed here.  As always, any C/C is greatly appreciated. Thanks for looking!

4551725867_dc28d25102.jpg

4551812335_866db68054.jpg

4552529322_e8fb2ff039.jpg

4552529468_152975bc4d.jpg

4552602956_dba5f7be1a.jpg

4552083145_9552d8a073.jpg

4552083485_6ab837a8ac.jpg

4552083447_88edcae7a2.jpg

Originally Posted by NayokoChan

This past weekend I had the amazing opportunity to shoot the 116th Anuual Penn Relays at Franklin Field in Philadelphia. Here are some photos from the meet (I haven't gotten a chance to go through and edit all of the photos that I intend to). The full set can be viewed here.  As always, any C/C is greatly appreciated. Thanks for looking!

4551725867_dc28d25102.jpg

4552529468_152975bc4d.jpg

4552602956_dba5f7be1a.jpg
these 3 are my favorites.... soooo dope.

Yeah....Nayoko....thos shots look great. Lighting looks great Not to under or over exposed. I am kind of finding out my self that I cannot take outdoor shots properly.

And this might be kind of a ramble....but in my pursuit in finding these compact film cameras, I tracked down this old guy on Craigslist that is selling some gems and now he has told me he has all these cameras that he is willing to let go cause he thought I was a swell guy on the phone. Told me he wants to have coffee and talk photography.....so I think I am might get some serious steals and as a bonus, he is going to enlighten me on film photography. This is really kind of a cool venture. It reminds me when I was a DJ digging for records....instead now it is with old cameras.

So I think I should have the Canonet and a Yashica Electro 35 GSN by the end of the week.

3277433704_bd81652994_b.jpg

Originally Posted by Mr Fongstarr

Yeah....Nayoko....thos shots look great. Lighting looks great Not to under or over exposed. I am kind of finding out my self that I cannot take outdoor shots properly.

And this might be kind of a ramble....but in my pursuit in finding these compact film cameras, I tracked down this old guy on Craigslist that is selling some gems and now he has told me he has all these cameras that he is willing to let go cause he thought I was a swell guy on the phone. Told me he wants to have coffee and talk photography.....so I think I am might get some serious steals and as a bonus, he is going to enlighten me on film photography. This is really kind of a cool venture. It reminds me when I was a DJ digging for records....instead now it is with old cameras.

So I think I should have the Canonet and a Yashica Electro 35 GSN by the end of the week.

3277433704_bd81652994_b.jpg
That's pretty cool actually. A lot of older people just want to connect with people that share similar hobbies and more often than not, they'll have some pretty cool words of advice and gems to show/give you. I remember buying some golf clubs off CL and having a chat with old dude for a good 30 minutes... just shooting the sht on a Sunday afternoon talking about marketing, business, and golf. He ended up giving me a putter just for hanging out with him.

I'm actually a tad bit jealous... you might come up on some goods with this one.

Originally Posted by NayokoChan

Just added you as a contact. You're photos are super sharp. Great composition and color.

I wish I had the opportunity to shoot the events you shoot.

Nice work.
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom