The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

as mentioned the sigma art series in particular is excellent, and in general sigma glass is good, i think the knock on them used be be good glass but cheap construction, not sure that is the case still...sigma will also be releasing an e-mount adapter, it only works for sigma (canon & sigma mounts - no nikon) lenses but it will supposedly have allow all native functions unlike other adapters:

That would be awesome because I've been on the fence with metabone and their shaky AF but this looks to be more solid and even cheaper.

sold my rebel T1i for $270 and bought a used Nikon D5200 w/18-55mm vr for $390...was on the verge of getting the 5300 but wifi and gps didnt seem all that necessary in my line...

Last edited:
what's the best way to upload images to Instagram from your DSLR camera so that it doesn't lose picture quality?

thanks

I usually post process anyway on my computer so I just do a file transfer.

Btw, if you have an Android your images will be compressed.
Cool

I have an iPhone
After I process and export back to Lightroom, I then export to Dropbox. I have dropbox on my phone and then save it to my phone.

Rather then lug a tripod (which I wasn't getting much use out of when street shooting).....Id rather be able to throw something like a gorilla pod in my bag and keep it moving.......now can anyone suggest something small but sturdy enough that I can mount a 7D on?

sold my rebel T1i for $270 and bought a used Nikon D5200 w/18-55mm vr for $390...was on the verge of getting the 5300 but wifi and gps didnt seem all that necessary in my line...

Time for some good glass now.

Nikkor 50mm 1.8G
Nikkor 35mm 1.8G

tamron 17-50mm 2.8

all depends on what u shoot tho .

What did you sell your t1i with? I want to upgrade from mine as well.

Sold my T1i with a canon 18-55mm lens, strap, charger, and battery. I bought it for $160 last year locally too. I'm just getting into photography really but 15.1 MP to 24.1MP SEEMS like a good leap to me. And I assume it's a faster camera. I have some puppies I need to take pictures of & the flip out screen is so clutch for those low to the ground shots.

Sold my T1i with a canon 18-55mm lens, strap, charger, and battery. I bought it for $160 last year locally too. I'm just getting into photography really but 15.1 MP to 24.1MP SEEMS like a good leap to me. And I assume it's a faster camera. I have some puppies I need to take pictures of & the flip out screen is so clutch for those low to the ground shots.
pictures of puppies please :lol: everybody likes puppies.

Last edited:

hell yeah im new to it as well. ive been into it for a year. i'll see what i can sell mine for then. i definitely want to upgrade asap lol.

edit: dude this d5200 is a great price for an upgrade! wtf!? im going to look into it more now lol

Last edited:
The sensor in the d5200 is so much better then anything canon offers on the low end. The dynamic range is outstanding. I'm big on the Nikon/Sony sensors.

I agree that is a pretty good upgrade, but more megapixels doesn't always mean a better camera. Don't be fooled by marketing

I second that recommendation of the 35mm f/1.8G for your D5200 though. Arguably the most bang-for-your-buck you can get on an DX Nikon body. That Amazon price is pretty good too.

Last edited:
Gig this past sunday

Gig today after work

2 gigs this saturday... im actually booked every weekend until April 16. Its unbelievable

LOVING THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love the opportunity to create memories and tells stories through photography for people.

Meeting and interacting w/ people is almost as much fun as taking the pictures :lol:

pictures of puppies please
laugh.gif
everybody likes puppies.
these first 3 were taken with the T1i actually..month old pics, perhaps older.

theyre dad around 5 months. throwback

yeah your next step in investing in good glass... a better camera wont change shooting with a kit lens.

Back
Top Bottom