The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

My boss just got me a Canon Powershot G12 because I'm a great assistant haha

Now i need to go through all these threads and learn more about photography huh?

Heres me at expo london with one of the models there
kc4.jpg

lol I thought it was a post your photo thread till i just rechecked

Amazon has Canon EOS 60D 18 MP CMOS Digital SLR Camera with 3.0-Inch LCD (Body Only)
ir

+ Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4.0-5.6 IS Telephoto Zoom Lens for Canon Digital SLR Cameras
ir

and Canon PIXMA Pro9000 Mark II Inkjet Photo Printer
ir

for $950.95 after $400 rebate.

Must add both to cart and proceed through checkout for discount. Shipping is free.

Click here
ir

and add EOS 60D to cart

Click here
ir

and add 55-250mm Lens to cart

Click here
ir

and add PIXMA Pro 9000 Mark II to cart

Proceed through checkout

Total should be $1394.95 - $400 rebate = $994.95 with free shipping

For those of you who have canon L series lens. What kind of filters are you using on them. I recently purchased a 24-105.

Originally Posted by Predata08

For those of you who have canon L series lens. What kind of filters are you using on them. I recently purchased a 24-105.
I let mine rock out without one
tired.gif

...but if anyone has a good recommendation, shed some light cause I'm interested too.

What is the best dslr (around 500-700) that shoots video?

I want to start shooting my short films with a dslr out of the convenience of being able to take pictures with it as well. Can't beat 2 for the price of one.

So even if I have to get a film only camera, having the dslr will help when on set.

I appreciate the help.

I visited the International Spy Museum for the Parade of Trabants. This was my first time actually seeing one. Very small car and even smaller motor. One of the owners told me that the engine only provides 18HP. Sounds like a snow mobile also. Full set at Flickr.

They made a Berlin wall for everyone to draw on.

TrabantParade-13 by Murky Brilliance, on Flickr

TrabantParade-5 by Murky Brilliance, on Flickr

Even had a Willys MB US Army Jeep

TrabantParade-3 by Murky Brilliance, on Flickr

This the whole engine.

TrabantParade-16 by Murky Brilliance, on Flickr

TrabantParade-7 by Murky Brilliance, on Flickr

Originally Posted by VoidEmperor

I want to start shooting my short films with a dslr out of the convenience of being able to take pictures with it as well. Can't beat 2 for the price of one.

So even if I have to get a film only camera, having the dslr will help when on set.

I appreciate the help.

I'd get the Canon EOS Rebel T3i 18 MP CMOS Digital SLR Camera and DIGIC 4 Imaging (Body Only)
ir

and pair it with the Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Camera Lens
ir

(nifty-fifty) for portraiture, low-light shots, and a great shallow depth of field for a good value.

Originally Posted by BdeaZy

Originally Posted by VoidEmperor

I appreciate the help.

I'd get the Canon EOS Rebel T3i 18 MP CMOS Digital SLR Camera and DIGIC 4 Imaging (Body Only)
ir

and pair it with the Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Camera Lens
ir

(nifty-fifty) or portraiture, low-light shots, and a great shallow depth of field for a good value.
Q'FTW

5ckoeq.jpg

This question is for people that use NIKONS or edit with Aperture 3. What are the swirls on the wall? I find that it gets worse when I use 'devignette' setting while editing. Is this a camera issue or an editing issue. It is a bother and I don't know how to fix it. Would anyone like to fill me in? --NO BRUNO-- Thank you.

Originally Posted by J PayCheck

I have a Canon 7D body only & looking to buy an "everyday" lens, mainly for travel, family events, pics of my son, and shooting around the city. I'm not new to photography but new to Canon products. After checking out most the images I take, considering the 1.6 crop, I think I need to stick to a wide zoom lens. So after comparing it boils down to the 17-40 /4.0L vs 17-55IS/2.8L. I understand the pros and cons of both... Guess my question is does anyone use either of these lens with the 7D?

I ended up buying the 17-40/4.0L because I got it for a fair price. I'll share some photos sometime this weekend. A new year is around the corner any possibility of creating weekly/biweekly assignments in 2012?

A new year is around the corner any possibility of creating weekly/biweekly assignments in 2012?

word. count me in. too bad the assignment thing didnt go thru this year, i wanted to do that toy wizard thing...

weekly assignments? 52 weeks in a yr right? 52 assignments then. 52 bars come out, 52 cars roll out. if that's too many, then 26 assignments/biweekly.  it'd be ideal to make a list before it even starts to avoid laziness/dropout later on. should prolly make a "photog-weekly assignment" thread to keep it specific and keep this thread for the random image dumps we do. could eventually turn into an official nt photog team type deal, heavy contributors sport the sig. but as with anything, it'll only work if everyone participates...thoughts? discuss.

some abstract, all concrete:   <---- sounds like a team sig
wink.gif
nerd.gif

6309950195_de0b0c7faf_b.jpg

6309945605_7d6fa600d2_b.jpg

6296819827_3df8f39c24_b.jpg

6296819557_dd7abe8ca4_b.jpg

Originally Posted by jcinista

5ckoeq.jpg

This question is for people that use NIKONS or edit with Aperture 3. What are the swirls on the wall? I find that it gets worse when I use 'devignette' setting while editing. Is this a camera issue or an editing issue. It is a bother and I don't know how to fix it. Would anyone like to fill me in? --NO BRUNO-- Thank you.
what is the easiest way to fix[or avoid] color banding without degradation to the photo? Aperture 3 is what I use to edit images. 

I was hoping you guys could recommend me a camera. Or at the very least rank them in which ones you think are the best. Or even recommend something better.
I'm looking at

Canon G12
Leica D-Lux 5
Nikon 1 J1

I'm looking for an easy to use without having to mess with the settings too much.
Also important I want it to be very good with video and audio.
I'll be using the camera mainly at concerts, sporting events and social gatherings. Not much if any true photography.

Back
Top Bottom