The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

Originally Posted by burstmode7d

Originally Posted by VoidEmperor

Originally Posted by megatron

Please?
frown.gif
Leica is a really good brand. They manufacture one of the best rangefinders, but like anything leica, you're up to pay high prices for their cameras.
Leicas are thieve prone 
nerd.gif

BoyzNoise- what scanner are you using bro? I've been meaning to invest in a scanner because printing these out just isn't doing it if I can't upload them properly to the internetz.
I have the Leica D-Lux 4, and if I had to choose one for what you want, I would actually go for the S95/S100 like adobo said. The leica is a nice camera and everything (expensive cause of the NAME), but I would go for the Canon. But if you have your mind set on the Leica, get the Panasonic Lumix instead, it's the SAME CAMERA. Both are made by the same company, and the Lumix is a couple of hundred dollars less because it doesn't have that damn RED dot on it.
I didn't know that about the leica/panasonic! But I've narrowed it down to the nikon 1j1 and that s95. hopefully i can find one of those at a store so i can mess around with it a bit.

I was at the Penn State vs Nebraska game and was able to take some pics from the sideline

EDIT: sorry for the huge pics. too lazy to resize 
ohwell.gif

11m46ew.jpg

25fswht.jpg

o1eo5.jpg

14xkwo2.jpg

2lbayd.jpg

Got bored last night, kidnapped a driver, and tried to find some street racing.
laugh.gif
Not photography but I shot it with my T2i sooo...

laugh.gif
People either love or hate that video... Most hate it. Oh well.

Some from Downtown Toronto...

6342566332_155a96d00f_z.jpg

6342566020_d841075a89_z.jpg

6342565856_13f7ae3c7c_z.jpg

6341817519_28bfce2502_z.jpg

A couple for the day:

Taken with instagram:
6330121053_fa417e64f6.jpg

Now some DSLR shots:
6340610487_152f606994_z.jpg

6342139883_14f7ea500f_z.jpg

6342889102_17fa9581c8_z.jpg

^story behind this picture was that this guy was hotboxing it in his car. (Wish I go the picture of the smoke flying out of the car). The dude opens his window & he throws his roach, cops sees it & proceeds to pull him over to search his car. Dude was my age & sitting in the corner handcuffed with his head down. Poor kid.

^ in lightroom, change the shadow hue from black to a darker blue, lower the contrast, and add some noise reduction. 

spacerace is right. Go to specific color ranges, go to black, slide the yellows to like -5 or higher and it should change it a little on the blue side. You can also slide the other colors instead of blue to get different colored blacks as well but make it subtle.

And on a side note, is there some sort of bokeh feature on Instagram? I don't have the app but I have been seeing people post photos with bokeh and some people sell it really good with their pics.

I shoot strictly film from a Minolta SRT-101
I'm open to all questions and criticism thank you.
I also process my own film @ home.
5807068628_da5f2fe1ac.jpg

5807028432_b870381e61.jpg
5806444287_c04b94bbf0.jpg
5689055224_f5b001e295_z.jpg

5688484535_b9ced358fe_z.jpg

5633121271_dfb058532a_z.jpg

Originally Posted by Mr Fongstarr

And on a side note, is there some sort of bokeh feature on Instagram? I don't have the app but I have been seeing people post photos with bokeh and some people sell it really good with their pics.

Yes, Instagram features tilt-shift adjuster.
tilt-shift-instagram.jpg

solemunchies wrote:

6342889102_17fa9581c8_z.jpg

^story behind this picture was that this guy was hotboxing it in his car. (Wish I go the picture of the smoke flying out of the car). The dude opens his window & he throws his roach, cops sees it & proceeds to pull him over to search his car. Dude was my age & sitting in the corner handcuffed with his head down. Poor kid.

Another Valley member, you go to csun?
Anyway if the dude was hotboxing his car on balboa/lassen he's dumb as rocks.

Hey guys,

I asked a couple pages back but I got no answers.

Suggestions on best moderately priced fisheye/wide angle lens?

I have a T1i and I was hoping to find a decent one for around $300. Is that feasible?

Originally Posted by Mr Fongstarr

I've never seen the tilt-shift adjuster but they do offer two options with blur (with some adjustability). 
Originally Posted by BdeaZy

Yes, Instagram features tilt-shift adjuster. 
I've never seen that screen before, did you purchase the app or is it the free version?

Originally Posted by AirPhilippines

Another Valley member, you go to csun?
Anyway if the dude was hotboxing his car on balboa/lassen he's dumb as rocks.
Nope, I attend Valley & Pierce college, sometimes Mission. And yeah, that's Balboa/Lassen
laugh.gif
ate some In-N-Out with my girlfriend.

Back
Top Bottom