The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

Originally Posted by blackredxiiigoat

Hey guys,

I asked a couple pages back but I got no answers.

Suggestions on best moderately priced fisheye/wide angle lens?

I have a T1i and I was hoping to find a decent one for around $300. Is that feasible?

There are some generic brands but I can't really say if they are worth the price. Rokinon has a 8mm fisheye but that is only good for full frames cause on a crop, you will get that circular look. The cheapest legit brand would probably be a Sigma 10mm. At the cheapest, you can probably get one for $500 but I would really invest in that then spend $300 on a crap lens. Search on Craiglist too. I got my Nikon fisheye for $550 and the lens goes for $679 + tax on B&H Photo.

Boys:

2hczwwg.jpg

Originally Posted by Mr Fongstarr

Originally Posted by blackredxiiigoat

Hey guys,

I asked a couple pages back but I got no answers.

Suggestions on best moderately priced fisheye/wide angle lens?

I have a T1i and I was hoping to find a decent one for around $300. Is that feasible?

There are some generic brands but I can't really say if they are worth the price. Rokinon has a 8mm fisheye but that is only good for full frames cause on a crop, you will get that circular look. The cheapest legit brand would probably be a Sigma 10mm. At the cheapest, you can probably get one for $500 but I would really invest in that then spend $300 on a crap lens. Search on Craiglist too. I got my Nikon fisheye for $550 and the lens goes for $679 + tax on B&H Photo.
Just wanted to clarify, that the Rokinon 8mm Fisheye is perfect for "crop" aka APS-C cameras.  The pictures will fill in the whole frame.  If you use it on a FULL FRAME....then you will get the circular pic within the frame.

Per B&H:

"The 8mm Ultra Wide Angle f/3.5 Fisheye Lens for Pentax K from Rokinon gives you a 180° view with dramatic, exaggerated perspective when used with an APS-C camera, or a powerful circular image floating in the frame when used with a full frame digital camera or 35mm film camera. With hybrid aspherical lenses and multi-layer coating, you will produce sharply defined images with a minimum of flare and ghosting. The 8mm lens focuses as close as 1' (30.48 cm) from the lens, and has a built-in petal lens hood."

[h1]going fast![/h1][h1]
[/h1][h1]Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4.0-5.6 IS Telephoto Zoom Lens for Canon Digital SLR Cameras[/h1]by Canon

/g-ecx.images-amazon.com/images/G/01/x-locale/personalization/amznlike/amznlike_sprite_02._V196113939_.gif);">http://g-ecx.images-amazo...te_02._V196113939_.gif); background-position: 0px 0px; background-repeat: no-repeat no-repeat; ">Like(216)

[table][tr][td]
[table][tr][td]List Price:[/td][td]$400.00[/td][/tr][tr][td]Price:[/td][td]$199.95[/td][/tr][tr][td]Deal Price:[/td][td]$144.00 

Amazon product ASIN B0011NVMO8[/td][/tr][/table]
[/td][/tr][/table]

Rolo, you should be trying to get a job at a major newspaper or even makin it a goal for National Geo or LIFE, not trying to blow your head up, but your eye for photojournalism is incredible....you have so much potential at such an early age, don't let it go to waste.

Originally Posted by ksteezy

Rolo, you should be trying to get a job at a major newspaper or even makin it a goal for National Geo or LIFE, not trying to blow your head up, but your eye for photojournalism is incredible....you have so much potential at such an early age, don't let it go to waste.
pimp.gif
 Thanks Elkin. Pretty much what I'm in school for photojournalism/documentray, just paying for my degree thats all. Thanks, appreciate it.

From yesterday

6357250585_5be371d37e_o.jpg

6357251187_d2ef3e308a_o.jpg

6357250903_4e9dc886e3_o.jpg

6357250725_c20aecc5dd_o.jpg

^ I pretty much just got straight to his homepage... he only posts a few of them on NT.

Back
Top Bottom