The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

Originally Posted by Mr Fongstarr

Cool little timelaps shot with a MKII. The footage with the airplanes flying in was sick!

EDIT: Something is wrong with the embed.

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

"All the video footage was shot handheld."

How the hell do you do time-lapse "handheld"???

Originally Posted by rayraysupreme

Thanks for the response Mr. Fongstarr! So, most of the time I would need to implement photoshop techniques to come out with great shots? For example, I really love the picture of the beach at night in your blog. Did you use photoshop? If so, what did it look like before?
http://misterfongstarr.fi...tural-mystic-9.jpg?w=775

I guess what I'm trying to figure out is, when I take pictures and look at them (as is), they appear to be just an ordinary picture (something even my phone can take). How do I achieve those "great shots"? Do I need to work on my picture taking skills or photoshop skills or both? 

Actually I didn't with that shot. That was just fixing the white balance on my camera and doing a long exposure with a tripod and remote. Colors came out as is just from the lights. I mean 99% of my pics are all photoshopped to a certain degree. I think just the bast things like contact and brightness can make your photo that much better. But definitely work on both shooting and photoshop. Remember that photoshop should just compliment your photo and not over take what the image you are offering. Also lenses play a big difference as well in your photos whether you want some depth of field shots, wide angle, macro etc. Just keep shooting and you'll find your niche.

my wife just bought a nikon 1. it came with a 10-30mm lens and she bought the 30-100mm lens. My question is does she still need the smaller lens or can i just go ahead and sell it? also whats a good bag for this camera? as much money as she spent on this thing i feel like its an investment. Please excuse my ignorance im new to cameras.

thanks for the tip Mr. Fongstarr! I really appreciate it. I'll keep shooting and hopefully I'll get better over time. One other question, for photo-editing software, what do you recommend? Photoshop or Paintshop or something else? I've never worked with one before btw. Thanks again!

Originally Posted by rayraysupreme

thanks for the tip Mr. Fongstarr! I really appreciate it. I'll keep shooting and hopefully I'll get better over time. One other question, for photo-editing software, what do you recommend? Photoshop or Paintshop or something else? I've never worked with one before btw. Thanks again!

I use photoshop 2 myself but you can use lightroom or any photo editing software. I would stay away from Paint though.

Need help! Need a new laptop for photo editing. That'd probably be the only use for it...What do I look for?Any suggestions?

Hey,
Can you guys recommend me a decent fish eye lens to look into? I recently purchased a Canon T2i and I'm not too familiar with the different types of lenses out there. I'm looking to spend no more tan $350 if possible. Thanks! 

Originally Posted by obie21

Need help! Need a new laptop for photo editing. That'd probably be the only use for it...

What do I look for?

Any suggestions?

I guess just get a laptop that can handle the editing programs you are trying to get. Depending on how many photos you plan on editing at a time and how big the photo files are, you might something that is powerful to handle all of that. Don't really know if there is a specific brand you need to get, although I feel like a lot of people might use MACs but I have no idea why.

Originally Posted by SkyyPilot

Hey,
Can you guys recommend me a decent fish eye lens to look into? I recently purchased a Canon T2i and I'm not too familiar with the different types of lenses out there. I'm looking to spend no more tan $350 if possible. Thanks! 

I think Dstyles has a fisheye that is around that price range but I forgot the brand. I would save a bit more and get a Sigma if I were you but it would cost you at least $200 extra.

Back
Top Bottom