The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

green-day-12.jpg

green-day-17.jpg

Guys, I'm trying to buy a Canon 7D body because I want to upgrade from my old 60D.
The price is too expensive for me at retail stores like best buy, etc.

Online I have found a few nicer prices in the 1200 range, but I don't know if these sites are really legit for these prices. Im always a believer in if its too good to be true then it really is. 

http://bestpricephoto.com/h/product...sv=gg&osCsid=a2fd3822b5ec4e450368f20e21e5c2b2

http://www.42photo.com/pd-productid-48095-k-canon_eos_7d_180_megapixel_digital_camera_body.htm

http://www.rythercamera.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=29229

Are either of these sites legit? Would you guys know?

According to googles sales section, it says that all 3 of these would ship for free with no tax. They have positive reviews from many people but im still skeptical because i know these days reviews can be written by anyone.

Some help would gladly be appreciated, i want to pull the trigger on one of these if they are really legit...i want that 7D so bad, but i cant pay no 1600 retail and i do not wanna buy it used off of someone from craigslist ive had bad experiences with scammers.

Hello everyone, I have been following this thread for a couple years but this is my first post. I bought a D3000 last year but had to end up selling it for money reasons.. I missed shooting so much and wanted to get back into photography., so i bought a D7000 w/ a 35mm his past week. I have just been taking my camera with me everyday and trying to get better and better. Here are a few pictures from this week. Let me know what you think and if any one could critique them, that would be great. Any tips would be awesome too. Thanks!
dsc6543.jpg

dsc6606fi.jpg

dsc6632j.jpg%0D%0A

dsc6645y.jpg

dsc6659f.jpg

dsc6666m.jpg

dsc6674.jpg

dsc6680l.jpg

dsc6672t.jpg

Shot at 2012-03-20

Originally Posted by tedrjr03

Hello everyone, I have been following this thread for a couple years but this is my first post. I bought a D3000 last year but had to end up selling it for money reasons.. I missed shooting so much and wanted to get back into photography., so i bought a D7000 w/ a 35mm his past week. I have just been taking my camera with me everyday and trying to get better and better. Here are a few pictures from this week. Let me know what you think and if any one could critique them, that would be great. Any tips would be awesome too. Thanks!
dsc6674.jpg

Shot at 2012-03-20
Constructive criticism -  in all the pictures your subject is pretty much in the middle of the frame. Generally speaking, the rule of thirds applies to create pictures with more intrigue and interest. The above shot you also missed the focus on her face (unless that was intentional). Great cam and lens combo though. How much did you cop the D7000 for?

t3i and tamron 2.8 were stolen in Amsterdam this past weekend, there goes $1000 towards a D800.. 
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

Thanks for the advice man. I have a lot to learn and get better at lol. The rule of thirds being one of them. Yeah i messed up the focus on that picture. I got the D7000 and lens for $1100.

no biggie man. I am learning as well. get a flickr or something to post on and link me. I'll add you

Has anyone ever bought a protection plan from B&H Photo for any of their lenses?
I'm about to order the Tokina 10-17mm FE and I was wondering if it was worth paying the extra 70 bucks for the 3-year protection plan. 
nerd.gif

-Drew

I'm in San Fran for the week with a good point and shoot and endless hours to take photos but zero photographic vision.

It'd be nice if you guys started your weekly assignments already so I'd have idea's on what to shoot.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Dunks r nice

080 of 366.

7002079359_ea7f99c62f_o.jpg

6855956672_d815b75180_o.jpg

7002072277_6b730e3d57_o.jpg

More on my blog.

The way the dogs tail kinda meshes into the background is a bit ehh. I think the third one should of been shot wider. I like it tho. Looks kinda like an intro into a new scene in a movie.

Back
Top Bottom