The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

Finally made my purchase... Got a Canon t3i with 18-135mm lens+16 GB HCSD+ Case Logic 205 camera sling + Guide book for $960 shipped.

Any suggestions for what else Ill need? I'm going to do a lot of outdoors shooting this summer... Adirondack hiking and things like that.

Help!

Also picked up today Tiffen Lens Filter kit and a Lens hood for the 18-135mm

It's almost too easy to go overboard with accessories
laugh.gif
I got my kit about a month ago and I've already bought/returned/re-bought so many little odds and ends for it. As far as suggestions, look into a new strap, the Canon one is garbage. Extra battery and a tripod (or monopod for hiking) and you should be set. I've been geeking out on camera gear way too much the past few weeks
laugh.gif

Right now I'm debating getting a Rokinon 8mm fisheye. I've always wanted a fisheye to mess around with, and I'll be taking a trip to NY in a couple weeks and I figure it'd be nice to have for the trip

just picked up a canon rebel t3/1100d w/ 18-55mm kit lense for 400 shipped w/ all the goodies in the box...figured that was a decent enough price...i had a nikon d90 but that was from work, so hopefully i wont miss it too much with the 1100d

Originally Posted by bjamez20

Finally made my purchase... Got a Canon t3i with 18-135mm lens+16 GB HCSD+ Case Logic 205 camera sling + Guide book for $960 shipped.

Any suggestions for what else Ill need? I'm going to do a lot of outdoors shooting this summer... Adirondack hiking and things like that.

Help!

Also picked up today Tiffen Lens Filter kit and a Lens hood for the 18-135mm

It's almost too easy to go overboard with accessories
laugh.gif
I got my kit about a month ago and I've already bought/returned/re-bought so many little odds and ends for it. As far as suggestions, look into a new strap, the Canon one is garbage. Extra battery and a tripod (or monopod for hiking) and you should be set. I've been geeking out on camera gear way too much the past few weeks
laugh.gif

Right now I'm debating getting a Rokinon 8mm fisheye. I've always wanted a fisheye to mess around with, and I'll be taking a trip to NY in a couple weeks and I figure it'd be nice to have for the trip
I second that. I literally just got off the B&H site... Ordered the Incase sling pack, a replacement rear lens cap for my kit lens (I can't stand the slide on one it came with. 35mm came with one that locks into place), and a microfiber cloth for cleaning my lenses.

^
Man f those people at b&h. I called one time to check on a price match and the dude on the phone spent 20 minutes lecturing me about why it's better to buy from them and never answered the damn question. Amazon prime
pimp.gif

Are Tamron lenses any good? I'm looking at picking up the new 24-70 2.8 VC. I don't think I'll want to spend the money on the Canon 24-70 2.8 II and it's a little cheaper than the Canon 24-70 2.8 I.

flippin through my flickr i noticed how time flies....crap...cant believe my niece is almost 3...
the day she was born in the NICU
4175984230_6285c48119_b.jpg

her now
6971736198_f60c51894c_b.jpg

Originally Posted by bjamez20

^
Man f those people at b&h. I called one time to check on a price match and the dude on the phone spent 20 minutes lecturing me about why it's better to buy from them and never answered the damn question. Amazon prime
pimp.gif
im sorry but BH >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I have nothing but good things to say about B&H. Sorry for the bad experience dude... I do music also and bought a $500 keyboard for $379 from them. That piece doesn't get discounted at all anywhere. No shipping, no tax, no mark-ups... You got me. I just wish they offered discount codes...

Originally Posted by mikejs210

Are Tamron lenses any good? I'm looking at picking up the new 24-70 2.8 VC. I don't think I'll want to spend the money on the Canon 24-70 2.8 II and it's a little cheaper than the Canon 24-70 2.8 I.

That new tamron is supposed to be amazing, especially compared to that 2k price tag on canon

Originally Posted by khankussionz

I have nothing but good things to say about B&H. Sorry for the bad experience dude... I do music also and bought a $500 keyboard for $379 from them. That piece doesn't get discounted at all anywhere. No shipping, no tax, no mark-ups... You got me. I just wish they offered discount codes...

BH is the one place you can go to and know for sure you are not getting a ridiculous mark up on items a'la Best Buy...

even though i am a new member, i had frequently visited the other thread on yuku (was my favorite thread, learned a lot). it's unfortunate that so many great shots aren't included in this thread but im looking forward for what is to come

I can't seem the log in my "Dunks r nice" account ever since they changed the site in general. Oh well, I'll try another time... 
tired.gif

Recent randoms.

A lot more on my blog;

www.dunksrnice.net

Last edited:

This was over my city's "skyline" yesterday (we're missing a few buildings, with plenty more to come down) for the playoff Super 15 game last night.

28 - 13 victory :smokin hello semi finals!

Back
Top Bottom