The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

Anyone in here shoot film? This just came in today, will be a nice camera to carry everyday compared to my Canon and Pentax. Need to get myself back into the habit of shooting. (Sorry for the bad iPhone pic)

Just purchased a Nikon D5000 hope to be able to contribute photos soon. Open to any critique as I am a padawan. There appears to be a vibe of overall support here. I look forward to the thread.

Any bigger guys in this thread who use camera backpacks? I'm 6'4 and the backpacks I'm finding look like they're for 5th graders :lol:

Anyone in here shoot film? This just came in today, will be a nice camera to carry everyday compared to my Canon and Pentax. Need to get myself back into the habit of shooting. (Sorry for the bad iPhone pic)

Congrats on the new pickup! That camera is absolutely amazing. Great photos for such a small package. I used to shoot primarily film for the most part of last year. Got some photos with the same camera on my film blog. http://gbrldzinfilm.wordspress.com Anyways, enjoy it! What film are you shooting/planning on shooting with btw?

Congrats on the new pickup! That camera is absolutely amazing. Great photos for such a small package. I used to shoot primarily film for the most part of last year. Got some photos with the same camera on my film blog. http://gbrldzinfilm.wordspress.com Anyways, enjoy it! What film are you shooting/planning on shooting with btw?

Dope shots, exactly what I am hoping to get, lots of candids and such. I actually picked up two, one with the date back and then one regular. Will probably be selling the date back as it's a little chunkier.

The super scope is going to be amazing for shooting from the hip and concert shots, really excited about that. As far as film goes I am not sure, prob 400 speed as I've read that's the recommended speed, any suggestions? I'm thinking about keeping b/w film in my Pentax and going color for this. Also need to do some research on processing cause walgreens 1-hr hasn't been cutting it with other rolls I have taken in.

Dope shots, exactly what I am hoping to get, lots of candids and such. I actually picked up two, one with the date back and then one regular. Will probably be selling the date back as it's a little chunkier.

The super scope is going to be amazing for shooting from the hip and concert shots, really excited about that. As far as film goes I am not sure, prob 400 speed as I've read that's the recommended speed, any suggestions? I'm thinking about keeping b/w film in my Pentax and going color for this. Also need to do some research on processing cause walgreens 1-hr hasn't been cutting it with other rolls I have taken in.

Thanks, homie. I used Kodak Portra 400 for most of my shots. Although, I did use about 5 Fuji Pro 400H rolls. I don't remember with which camera though. I highly recommend the Portra. I absolutely love the colors. As for the processing, I'm with you on that one. I don't know where else to take it anymore since Walgreens just ain't cutting it, and Costco stop developing films. Costco was even better than my local "professional" shop! My photo shop's scans were garbage compared to Costco. Costco's image files were even around 40Mb, whereas my camera shop's and Walgreen's is only about 2-3MB per image. |I Let me know if you find a good alternative. I haven't tried sending it in anywhere online yet, though.

Last edited:
Thanks, homie. I used Kodak Portra 400 for most of my shots. Although, I did use about 5 Fuji Pro 400H rolls. I don't remember with which camera though. I highly recommend the Portra. I absolutely love the colors. As for the processing, I'm with you on that one. I don't know where else to take it anymore since Walgreens just ain't cutting it, and Costco stop developing films. Costco was even better than my local "professional" shop! My photo shop's scans were garbage compared to Costco. Costco's image files were even around 40Mb, whereas my camera shop's and Walgreen's is only about 2-3MB per image. |I Let me know if you find a good alternative. I haven't tried sending it in anywhere online yet, though.

I'll give the porta a try, I found a mail in processing place but like you said have not tried it yet. I plan to do my own b/w processing so maybe I should just buy the color chemicals too...

Enjoying my vacation in the Philippines. Besides the fact my phone pooped out because of water damage, overall a super good time. Anyways here's a pic of the Golden Gate Bridge I took last weekend on my S3. 

Enjoying my vacation in the Philippines. Besides the fact my phone pooped out because of water damage, overall a super good time. Anyways here's a pic of the Golden Gate Bridge I took last weekend on my S3. 

with the intro I thought you was going to post pictures of the Philippines. SMH ...

Sup fellas!

Something new for me... portraiture.

I really needed my 50mm for this one... it got fogged up on me and it's giving my photos a weird overexposed glow to them.

These were all shot with my 35L.

I also shot some ilford 400 which I need to get developed. Can't wait!

Got to mess around with my friends Zeiss 50mm 1.4. It's a heavy lens lol but I'm diggin the bokeh it can produce.

Shot with my Galaxy S3 btw which I think came out pretty darn good.

Last edited:
Some shots from Easter, my family always ends up playing basketball as soon as someone moves the cars out the driveway lol

this is actually my uncle who was my photography teacher in high school

Can I get an opinion on this camera?

http://www.techspot.com/products/cameras/samsung-wb250f-smart-camera.87521/#reviewsOffset

Trying to take a trip soon and wanted something that took nice pics. I pretty much purchased the first camera that was recommended to me. It was an impulse buy. I did like the review I saw on YouTube.

most any camera you buy these days will be capable of producing nice images, with part of the question(s) being how easy/hard it is & under what circumstances is it able to get those nice images from the camera? looking at the specs it has a relatively large-ish sensor (relative to its size & what is typical for point & shoot cameras) but the aperture (the maximum size of the opening that allows light to that sensor) starts at a mediocre f3.2, meaning if you be shooting in situation where the lighting isn't ideal you may get a bunch of blurry and/or noisey pictures? it really depends on what your expectations of and what you want to do with this camera? like it probably won't get you the BEST pictures but they should be much better than what you'd get from your phone...

from an early morning ride from last weekend

current by me_myself_n_eye, on Flickr

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom