The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

[COLOR=#red]I need that 35mm 1.8 prime next. With the crop factor that lens is actually closer to a 50mm on a full frame.

I don't foresee having to buy another camera anytime soon. It's a versatile and capable camera...video recorded in 1080 24p with the 50mm looks very nice. Film-like, not the live look[/COLOR]

I have been missing in action from this thread for a minute. A lot of personal stuff has kept me from getting out there to shoot.......until recently. Just some of what I've shot over the last few weeks.

#nyc #newyorkcity #newyork by Michael Rios, on Flickr

I sold my 6D and 24-105 for almost 2k and have sold computers etc. Crosses fingers (X) I am doing a house purge sale on eBay right now. Hope all goes well. I always use signature confirmation on anything over $200.

Right on. I think I am going to list the camera this weekend then. Probably will get crap for it. Cosmetically it;s okay but it has some scratches on the screen since it's not made of the same glass as the Mark 3. I think what could save it a bit is that it doesn't have a ton of clicks on it. I just want $900-1000 but for some reason, I don't think I am going to get that.

Happy Bidding...

Just take detailed pictures and a strong description and you should be good.

I'm going to SF next weekend and still haven't decided on what lens to rent. I'm currently rocking a T3i. I'm looking for an overall lens that will be good for portraits and good for some landscape shots. I've rented the 16-35 4.0 before and i liked it. just wanted to get some ideas from other people on this.

Randoms from today

I don't know if you guys have an IG group. 

But if you guys wouldn't mind following mine. 

@FotosbyDeeJay I  made it just for pictures. 

Some supprot would be appreciated 

I'm going to SF next weekend and still haven't decided on what lens to rent. I'm currently rocking a T3i. I'm looking for an overall lens that will be good for portraits and good for some landscape shots. I've rented the 16-35 4.0 before and i liked it. just wanted to get some ideas from other people on this.

That would be ideal but bring a tripod for night stuff. That lens still might not be wide for all things but I think most things like shooting Bay Bridge, Golden Gate, etc, you should be fine.

That would be ideal but bring a tripod for night stuff. That lens still might not be wide for all things but I think most things like shooting Bay Bridge, Golden Gate, etc, you should be fine.

Yeah just some night photography plus I'm making the drive up so I'm stopping at some spots to take photos.

generally a lens like that (16-35mm) is used for landscapes & environmental portraits because of the distortion that is involved on the wider end of the spectrum especially when up close with people...longer focal lengths (70mm and up, some like using an 85mm or 135mm) tend to have less distortion, which is also a benefit if you want to stitch panoramic images together (also a pretty cool way to landscapes!) might be a good idea to add a 24-70 to get that longer end of the spectrum covered?

Has anyone been having problems posting images from Flickr or any other site?

When I copy my links they don't work anymore

generally a lens like that (16-35mm) is used for landscapes & environmental portraits because of the distortion that is involved on the wider end of the spectrum especially when up close with people...longer focal lengths (70mm and up, some like using an 85mm or 135mm) tend to have less distortion, which is also a benefit if you want to stitch panoramic images together (also a pretty cool way to landscapes!) might be a good idea to add a 24-70 to get that longer end of the spectrum covered?

But with a crop body, that lens will be like a mid range to long lens.

If you wanted the ultra wide look, then rent a Tokina 11-16mm. If you get the 24-70mm, you could only use that for portraits. Stitching landscapes with that lens would require tons of photos.

Straight out of the camera from today. P1 shots are my favorite out of everything. Took a bunch more but I'll post them after editing.

The P1 has to be the most photogenic car I've ever shot. I can take pictures of it every day and it'll never get old to me.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom