The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

yanky yanky you going to wekfest tomorrow?

found out yongnuo made a 35mm f/2, supposed copy of the Canon 35mm f/2.

It's cheap as hell, fluctuates between $100-$150.

yanky yanky you going to wekfest tomorrow?

found out yongnuo made a 35mm f/2, supposed copy of the Canon 35mm f/2.

It's cheap as hell, fluctuates between $100-$150.

Nahh too many people to get good photos. You headed out there tomorrow?

Yeah, it's like 15 minutes away for me.

I might try and catch the tail end of it, maybe the last hour or so. Hopefully the crowd thins out by then.

I've seen a lot of your photos seem to be supercars, how do you get out there? You know those guys?

Last edited:
Yeah, it's like 15 minutes away for me.

I might try and catch the tail end of it, maybe the last hour or so. Hopefully the crowd thins out by then.

I've seen a lot of your photos seem to be supercars, how do you get out there? You know those guys?

Looking forward to the pics! I just go to events that happen around the city, introduce myself get out there, meet other fellow photogs and just go from there. Sometimes I'll ask if the car owner wants to do a shoot but that's only after I've seen them a few times and they know me by name.

generally a lens like that (16-35mm) is used for landscapes & environmental portraits because of the distortion that is involved on the wider end of the spectrum especially when up close with people...longer focal lengths (70mm and up, some like using an 85mm or 135mm) tend to have less distortion, which is also a benefit if you want to stitch panoramic images together (also a pretty cool way to landscapes!) might be a good idea to add a 24-70 to get that longer end of the spectrum covered?

But with a crop body, that lens will be like a mid range to long lens.

If you wanted the ultra wide look, then rent a Tokina 11-16mm. If you get the 24-70mm, you could only use that for portraits. Stitching landscapes with that lens would require tons of photos.

basically #true (though the 24-70 is supposed to be a pretty versatile lens), i was thinking it makes sense to grab something that gets to the telephoto end for portraits rather than super/ultra wide, especially if rocking with the 16-35 already; could definitely would require a good amount of images but the effect can be pretty dope:

Have been MIA in this thread for a minute now. Good stuff in here as always.
A couple shots from recent work, more on the blog.

@josefbautista
http://josefabautista.tumblr.com/

Hopefully one of you guys can help me? 

My lens on my Nikon D3300 is broken. It keeps saying lens not attached and I don't know why. 

What should/can I do? Can I fix this myself?  It's an 18-55m lens. 

Wasn't aware of this, but Yongnuo is making AF 50mm 1.8 prime for Nikon. They already have one out for Canon that's about, $60 so I'm guessing it'll be around that price.

Been researching, looking for my first camera ever. I'm thinking about copping a Nikon D3300 based on reviews. What do you guys think? Are there any other cameras I should consider around that price range?

Wasn't aware of this, but Yongnuo is making AF 50mm 1.8 prime for Nikon. They already have one out for Canon that's about, $60 so I'm guessing it'll be around that price.

I think all those Yongnuo copy cat lenses have been nothing but horrible. Like the 50mm one was tested and was worse than the regular Canon 50mm. They said it's good if you are doing just web but not for actual printing. I think the best one is the 35mm but I wouldn't even get that. I mean if you are a total budget, I say get it but other than that, save your money and get something better.

Speaking of 35mm, Canon should be coming out with a version 2 L soon. I hope the optics are good cause Sigma has been doing a damn good job lately and since price is always a factor, I'd imagine people getting Sigmas unless the new L is that good.

Back
Top Bottom