The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

Have: 40/2.8 STM, 50/1.8 STM, 85/1.8 USM

Next lens is probably a Rokinon/Samyang 14/2.8

Anyone in NYC have any ideas on places to shoot street fashion photography?

Im running out of spots. :lol: I shoot twice a weekand its tough thinking of a new spot everytime.

Last edited:
Anyone in NYC have any ideas on places to shoot street fashion photography?

Im running out of spots. :lol: I shoot twice a weekand its tough thinking of a new spot everytime.
you shot twice a weekend? Where are the pics man?

NYC you can shoot anywhere really ...

Ended up grabbing this lil bag off Amazon for my camera and everything fits good and snug

Amazon product ASIN B00Z6J7SOG
Works great as an everyday carry bag that I won't forget. Took my camera with me to a waterpark thinking I was gonna not only be involved with my kids and take pictures. I was wrong of course lol. It ended up spending the entire time on the sidelines in the bag

Also have taken the proactive step in reaching out and offering to take pics. Gonna try to set up some engagement shots and family photos these next weekends

Last edited:
Copped this bag the beginning of the month.

http://amzn.to/2sPt5F3

Holds my 2 bodies and 6 lenses very well. A little bit of room to expand.

I keep my 4 speed lights and other light bods in the bag I upgraded from.

I think I'm going to stick with using military styled bags. Current bag holds my body (with grip attached) and lens side-by-side perfectly and the side pockets can hold two more lenses if necessary. It'll be good to use as a fanny pack on the go for now. As my gear expands again I'll likely get something directly photography geared

you shot twice a weekend? Where are the pics man?

NYC you can shoot anywhere really ...

@slimcargos

True, shot at Columbus Circle yesterday. I agree with street photographt you can literally shoot anywhere but I do like to get that "damn this spot would be sick" feeling.

I think I'm going to stick with using military styled bags. Current bag holds my body (with grip attached) and lens side-by-side perfectly and the side pockets can hold two more lenses if necessary. It'll be good to use as a fanny pack on the go for now. As my gear expands again I'll likely get something directly photography geared

Yeah it all about finding what works for you.

I got the gear suitcase w/ the roller specifically for weddings.

Going from location to location I cant have stuff on my back. Between it being too heavy and inaccessible my backpack just collects dust in my closet.

Yeah it all about finding what works for you.

I got the gear suitcase w/ the roller specifically for weddings.

Going from location to location I cant have stuff on my back. Between it being too heavy and inaccessible my backpack just collects dust in my closet.
Pretty much, for me doing on site light shoots I only need (for now) my cam and my lens(es). Once I start using reflectors and on and of cam flashes I will need a case much like yours.

You'd be an odd guy to pack a whole wedding kit on your back lol

Few from the wedding on saturday

@slimcargos

True, shot at Columbus Circle yesterday. I agree with street photographt you can literally shoot anywhere but I do like to get that "damn this spot would be sick" feeling.
based on your IG you def can shoot anywhere ...

1. You shot in a Damn Ikea parking spot.

2. Most of not all your shots is about the kicks/cloths ... Dudes barely show their faces.

3. You shot pretty close (framing), you can't even make most of the background.

Is not like me or landscape photographer that really need to look for that places ...

You should do a few with the Biggie Big Pun Big L murals would be pretty dope ...

Any of you shoot automotive photography? Slowly getting into modding my car so I'm guessing I'll be picking up on it more. Could use some pointers. Also, does quickster still post in here? Anyone still follow the guy's work? He always killed it when it came to magazine spread style shoots.

34528792214_89c80c9d4d_b.jpg

based on your IG you def can shoot anywhere ...

1. You shot in a Damn Ikea parking spot.

2. Most of not all your shots is about the kicks/cloths ... Dudes barely show their faces.

3. You shot pretty close (framing), you can't even make most of the background.

Is not like me or landscape photographer that really need to look for that places ...

You should do a few with the Biggie Big Pun Big L murals would be pretty dope ...

Dope flick man, those colors. :smokin

And yeah youre right with the location and I know that but you get more into it if the location is dope. It gets you excited. :lol: Otherwise its just walking around hoping theres a decent liftgate, stairset or corner. :lol:

To me im trying to take advantage of the fact im in NYC, so I want my pics to really show that im in NY. I dont care so much but people love to see NYC no matter what kinda photographt you do.

I actually dont like graffiti or murals or anything. Im sure the followers would love it but it takes away too much from the fit. I have maybe one flick set in front of graffiti and its not my favorite.

Last edited:
After racking my brain on trying to put together a setup to help make my photos more accessible when I'm shooting on location I've decided to put my sights on a Gnarbox. Anybody have one, heard practically nothing but good things.

official site: https://www.gnarbox.com/

Picked up a Sony a6000 and Rokinon 12mm f/2.0 to be my main travel/landscape camera. Coming from a Nikon D3200, I'm eager to learn it and put it to work!

After racking my brain on trying to put together a setup to help make my photos more accessible when I'm shooting on location I've decided to put my sights on a Gnarbox. Anybody have one, heard practically nothing but good things.

official site: https://www.gnarbox.com/

holy smokes so expensive :x :x :x

I'd rather invest in better glass :x :x :x :x

Back
Top Bottom