The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

E0BFD93C-8062-4026-9EE1-AAA07D416EA0.jpeg

Miami x EOS R.

Trying to resurrect my photo hobby career by thinking I should get a new camera. Kind of crazy to think I haven't upgraded from my Canon 5D mark 3 but since most of what I do is just for personal use, I never needed anything more. Now I finally want something a little more pocketable and use my Canon as my "professional" camera and have a 2nd camera for more just day to day use.

I think there are some shooters in here that have Fuji bodies. Anyone care to share their thoughts on them? Was looking hard at getting the XT30 but I really don't like the form of the body where it is small but somewhat a pain to hold when shooting. I do like the XT3 more but didn't see that much more enhancements from that to the XT30 with the higher price tag. Might as well get the XT30 and get a good lens.

I RETIRED(DefiantDepictions on IG).... SOLD ALL MY GEAR. THINKING ABOUT MAKING A COMEBACK, THINKING ABOUT JOINING THE SONY COMMUNITY. FORMER NIKON USER.

WHERE CAN I GET GOOD DISCOUNTS ON SONY GEAR? [A7R2 or A7R3 IN PARTICULAR]

I RETIRED(DefiantDepictions on IG).... SOLD ALL MY GEAR. THINKING ABOUT MAKING A COMEBACK, THINKING ABOUT JOINING THE SONY COMMUNITY. FORMER NIKON USER.

WHERE CAN I GET GOOD DISCOUNTS ON SONY GEAR? [A7R2 or A7R3 IN PARTICULAR]
Wait till Black Friday. I am sure Sony will have some discounts on all their older cameras.

Also anyone got any Lightroom presets that are worth downloading? I literally use the same ones over and over. Need some new filters.

Trying to resurrect my photo hobby career by thinking I should get a new camera. Kind of crazy to think I haven't upgraded from my Canon 5D mark 3 but since most of what I do is just for personal use, I never needed anything more. Now I finally want something a little more pocketable and use my Canon as my "professional" camera and have a 2nd camera for more just day to day use.

I think there are some shooters in here that have Fuji bodies. Anyone care to share their thoughts on them? Was looking hard at getting the XT30 but I really don't like the form of the body where it is small but somewhat a pain to hold when shooting. I do like the XT3 more but didn't see that much more enhancements from that to the XT30 with the higher price tag. Might as well get the XT30 and get a good lens.
I bought an xt2 years ago for similar reasons; didn’t want to carry my dslr around all the time to take nice pictures. Ultimately I stopped using it after a few months and stuck with my phone for portable, lightweight pics (nights out, vacations, etc.)

The camera itself is nice and I’ll dust it off if recording YouTube videos for a friend, but ergonomics weren’t doing it for me. I bought grip attachments to help, but at that point the portable size factor disappears. When I did random event gigs, I stuck with my D750 and let someone else use the Fiji that wanted to learn photography. I’d say people should invest in the system as their main camera rather than a secondary hobby camera. Otherwise, you’ll find yourself not using it as often.

I bought an xt2 years ago for similar reasons; didn’t want to carry my dslr around all the time to take nice pictures. Ultimately I stopped using it after a few months and stuck with my phone for portable, lightweight pics (nights out, vacations, etc.)

The camera itself is nice and I’ll dust it off if recording YouTube videos for a friend, but ergonomics weren’t doing it for me. I bought grip attachments to help, but at that point the portable size factor disappears. When I did random event gigs, I stuck with my D750 and let someone else use the Fiji that wanted to learn photography. I’d say people should invest in the system as their main camera rather than a secondary hobby camera. Otherwise, you’ll find yourself not using it as often.
Initially I was looking to get a XT30 but those ergonomics were terrible. I held the XT3 and it seemed fine to me. I’d say my hands are average size but I guess it’s different in a shoot. I hope to get only a 23mm (35mm equivalent) and that’s it. I don’t want to repeat lenses I have with my DSLR and I have every focal length covered aside from a 35mm. Shooting with the Fuji is just to have in my bag when I go to work and when I am with my daughter.

I've used AdoramaPix for prints but wonder if there's something else similar or better. Any recommendations?

Also anyone got any Lightroom presets that are worth downloading? I literally use the same ones over and over. Need some new filters.
any lightroom tutorials you guys recommend? Trying to get better

There's a ton of free one just look up free lightroom presets. May or may not be what you're looking for but just tinker with them. That's how I got 90% of mine lol

Attachments

• IMG_4294-2.jpg
    IMG_4294-2.jpg
    316.4 KB · Views: 137
So I ended up getting the Fuji. It's definitely sort of a breathe of fresh air. I see why people go mirrorless. The eye autofocus thing is just god damn cheating. Even with the Fuji, it nails focus all the time. Can only imagine how shooting with the Sony will be. And the EVF on this seems nice and I finally got normal things I never had on my 5D Mark 3 like flip screen and just overall compactness. I almost wish I looked into Sonys more but I just can't imagine selling all my Canon gear and getting a fraction of the price I paid only to have to rebuy G-master lenses for the Sony. I hope Canon gets it together with a proper full frame mirrorless.

^^^That's dope man. Clean shot!

I pixel peeped on the Fuji raw file finally last night. Can't say I am blown away by it compared to the 5D but I did notice the grain from the ISO is different than from what the 5D has. Sharpness and quality wise, it seems the same which is fine by me since I was looking for something in the same range as the 5D but just more compact. I can only imagine what the files and images look like on the Sony AR7IV. I want that camera but I think it would be overkill storage wise and processing wise on my computer.

^^^That's dope man. Clean shot!

I pixel peeped on the Fuji raw file finally last night. Can't say I am blown away by it compared to the 5D but I did notice the grain from the ISO is different than from what the 5D has. Sharpness and quality wise, it seems the same which is fine by me since I was looking for something in the same range as the 5D but just more compact. I can only imagine what the files and images look like on the Sony AR7IV. I want that camera but I think it would be overkill storage wise and processing wise on my computer.

Thanks dude! Unless you're going to do some major work with the camera that will essentially pay for the camera itself I don't think the Sony is needed tbh. Even after all these years the 5D is still a great camera but since you do a lot of night shots (especially those on the helicopter) having that dynamic range and the ability to crank up the iso at night is a plus.

So I ended up getting the Fuji. It's definitely sort of a breathe of fresh air. I see why people go mirrorless. The eye autofocus thing is just god damn cheating. Even with the Fuji, it nails focus all the time. Can only imagine how shooting with the Sony will be. And the EVF on this seems nice and I finally got normal things I never had on my 5D Mark 3 like flip screen and just overall compactness. I almost wish I looked into Sonys more but I just can't imagine selling all my Canon gear and getting a fraction of the price I paid only to have to rebuy G-master lenses for the Sony. I hope Canon gets it together with a proper full frame mirrorless.

you wouldn't have to sell your lenses/buy gmaster jawns, all you'd need is a good adapter, especially with the newer sony cams; the adapted lenses are said to work just like native lenses

you wouldn't have to sell your lenses/buy gmaster jawns, all you'd need is a good adapter, especially with the newer sony cams; the adapted lenses are said to work just like native lenses
I’ve seen some vids on YouTube. I think it is hit and miss and almost every review said native lenses are just that much better. But now that i think of things, my Canon 5D ha such mediocre autofocus that it might be the same as a A7RIV with an adaptor. I guess i should test one to see myself.

Back
Top Bottom