The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

I like all this photography talk. :pimp:

I never really shot with anything higher than an 85mm and even then I felt uncomfy with it. I did mainly street/landscape type shots so 16-35 or a 50 was perfect for me. Wide angle shots are just so fun. Imagine having to do that in a sports game with a 16, would literally have to be running next to Bron or have a helmet and pads on in a football game next to the QB. :lol:
I shot literally wide angle for so long. Was so infatuated with the look for landscapes and what not. But last 5 years or so, everything has been long lens which I am equally getting a kick out. I think for me, being in the middle at like 50mm is where I think it can get boring. But of course that focal length has its advantages too.

Not all wide angle photography works for sports but for basketball, there is that angle that people get where you can shoot wide right below or at the rim or right above.

r662876_2_1296x729_16-9.jpg

gettyimages-1179396254-e1572675223577.jpg

I would love to get a rig like this setup but don't know anyone that can dunk. Haha.

SetUP4.jpg

I shot literally wide angle for so long. Was so infatuated with the look for landscapes and what not. But last 5 years or so, everything has been long lens which I am equally getting a kick out. I think for me, being in the middle at like 50mm is where I think it can get boring. But of course that focal length has its advantages too.

Not all wide angle photography works for sports but for basketball, there is that angle that people get where you can shoot wide right below or at the rim or right above.

r662876_2_1296x729_16-9.jpg

I would love to get a rig like this setup but don't know anyone that can dunk. Haha.

SetUP4.jpg

That first shot is crazy, and they cropped all the distorted parts out im assuming.

85mm is my favorite. Definitely can do basketball with it, especially for from crowd or bench shots. used it a lot during March Madness this year.

Would love to shoot some basketball or hockey next. Shooting NFL games are fun, but I'm up for a new challenge haha.

This explains a ton. Thanks for that. Cause now that I remember from my roll, all things not from the cable release turned out okay. So I guess I have to buy the one specific for this camera.

Perhaps you can help me on another thing I am confused about. I have the pro S back for the RB67. When you load film, you advance the film 3-4 times before it starts at "1". When I do it, it will just keep on rewinding without stopping sometimes. I saw the video below and don't see anything out of the ordinary that I am not doing. Does that back tab have something to do with anything? I do have to toggle that every time I advance the film when I am shooting for some odd reason.

That film back might be toast and for a peace of mind and money saving id buy a pro sd film back. The sd version you only need to mess with the too lever to advance it. On the pro s you need to move the silver tab on the back to the right then advance. Whatever you do dont force anything

310B686A-F7A1-4F12-9D3C-78908AD82EA6.jpeg

Coworker just gifted me this. What’s the best site that can I get some film??
Nice! I would try and shop local if you have any shops near your. At least you save on shipping cost and time for it getting delivered. Those Yashicas and a lot of cameras like it can be really difficult to compose your shots cause the viewfinder is flipped. Don’t really rely on looking through it so much. Look at your subject matter first and then just move your camera to face it. Then look down and try and level things out. Also download a light meter app too.

Moments carries 120 film: https://www.shopmoment.com/film-shop/film/120-film

Shot a couple of rolls in Seattle this passed weekend. Got my first scans in and somewhat happy with them but also wish I tried harder too. I am sort of getting zone focusing down but also just not sure of it too. I also think from now on I am going to try and just shoot horizontal photos with a 35mm lens. Vertical shots with a rangefinder is so damn difficult to focus and the results you get don’t necessarily look right.

The Sony A7RV just got announced. I a different world, I would be so amped for a camera like that but I am just not into the high megapixels like I used to and mostly cause I don't have a computer to process that stuff fast. Still, these mirrorless cameras are getting so damn good.

Headed to the Monterey Bay Aquarium tomorrow for my daughter's birthday. I'll have my 23mm and 50mm with me. Wish me luck that I get some decent shots lol

Back
Top Bottom