The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

^not difficult at all right?
wink.gif

yo put me on that list for the wizard. that idea is pretty dope.

i'm glad the thread is picking up steam, alot of inspiration to me
smokin.gif

ReRetroMe: thats cool of you wanting to teach, good for you man.  i second the youtube vid suggestion...that's pretty much how i learned  what very little i know about photoshop and photog in general. reading instruction manuals and knowing all the terms/definitions made absolutely no sense to me until i actually put the concepts to use.

5325187037_4eed306540_z.jpg

mirin

5325185038_e2ec798b6f_z.jpg

4/365 "four" ishuffles shufflin'

5327745923_64d518e801_z.jpg

5/365 "five" fingers of death, lulz

Yeah, the wizard is on its way to me.  The first person to pm me will get it next, or if you live in Seattle we could possibly meet up and I can give it to you.
5326710510_ef9101d821_z.jpg

NT, lets talk post processing.

Normally I just mess with the Fill light/fill blacks and vibrance. Also the new Lightroom 3 has an option to fix noise and its amazing! Trying to learn how to use that better. Heres an example of a quick fix

Original
n6rhip.jpg

Edited
5329746356_174e283e51_z.jpg

Forgot to post this here yesterday.

5/365 ~ I know Christmas is over, but my neighbor hasn't taken his lights down yet so I snapped a quick one last night. Yum, I loves me some Christmas lights.

I'm curious about how you guys learned your post processing? Any sites/books? I mean I've been playing around with Lightroom/Photoshop but I want to start knowing how to get x by doing x.

can someone please tell me what lightroom 3 has to offer over photoshop cs4? I have both I just prefer photoshop because I'm well versed in its interface.

Originally Posted by Jaw Knee C

^^^pic would be fantastic if the trees werent there. but thats a great building, color and clouds

Yeah, I was going to photoshop it out but I got lazy.

Originally Posted by ReMarqable23

Originally Posted by Jaw Knee C

^^^pic would be fantastic if the trees werent there. but thats a great building, color and clouds
Yeah, I was going to photoshop it out but I got lazy.
I wish I knew how to do all this photoshop stuff...I don't do much to my photos, just resize, a itty bitty bit of brightness/contast, and some color balance.

This is my first time in this thread and i need some help finding a good lens for my canon rebel xsi
I want to know a good lens in the $100-$200 range that would great for taking close up pics of things mostly indoors.
I dont mind buying used, and will probably end up geting it off cl, but Ill consider anything
Thanks

^
When you say close, do you mean being able to capture a large area (wide), or being able to take shots up close (macro)?

$100-200 won't get you a very good lens.
The Canon 50mm 1.8 is probably the only lens in that price range that is worth the money, although it's not very sharp wide-open.
If you look hard enough, you may be able to find the Sigma 24-60mm 2.8 for about $200 used.
http://www.fredmiranda.co...=7&cat=37&page=2
It's a very nice lens for the price.

For indoor shots, you would want a faster lens (lower f-stop), and most of those aren't cheap.

Been a while since ive posted but all criticism is appreciated.
dsc1057y.jpg

Federal Hill

dsc0987k.jpg

That was my LAST Sunset of my FAVORITE Decade
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom