The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

I'm looking at getting a Canon 50mm. Any opinion on weather a 1.4 is worth the extra money or should I just go with the 1.8?

the 1.4 is an amazing lens, but i would get 1.8 and use it. You need to know if you're going to use it alot before spending alot of money on it.

2jdmn3a.jpg

some film.

picked up a new body recently. just had a question in regards to memory cards. i'll be switching over to SD cards, from compact flash; would anyone be so kind as to give me a suggestion for a good SD card? Should I just stick with the SanDisk brand?

thanks in advance!

^ SanDisk's are fine. Just make sure you get Class 6 / Class 10 cards if you plan on shooting HD video. 
IMG_0070.jpg

phaze1123: just like hatchmo said, get the 1.8 first. at least that's what i'd do...since it's so cheap, see what you can do with that first. then after you get the hang of it, decide if you need the 1.4
jcinista: i'm lovin those shots 
pimp.gif
good work man

5332210926_9622f2b60a_b.jpg

thethirdtwin

5337235581_4c68ec979f_b.jpg

8/365

5341509396_e93337af9c_b.jpg

9/365

Originally Posted by phaze1123

I'm looking at getting a Canon 50mm. Any opinion on weather a 1.4 is worth the extra money or should I just go with the 1.8?
I copped the nifty fifty for $100 + tax and yep yep I love it.

It's really been the only lens I've had on my T2i since I bought the 50mm.

to the dude that said something about the shadow; i'm familiar with the flash on the wall technique but shadows are ok with me. i meant to do that.

thanks for the love, adobo. the concepts will just get more crazed but i won't be able to post a lot of it on here. stop by my site.

29c30ci.jpg

Originally Posted by desoIation1

Originally Posted by dstylezs
How were you able to focus the image on the subject but get the background blurred?  Photoshop?  Could you teach me how this is done?  Thanks

No photoshop.. Its called panning.. slow shutter following the subject.. it just takes practice to get just right.

Originally Posted by jcinista

to the dude that said something about the shadow; i'm familiar with the flash on the wall technique but shadows are ok with me. i meant to do that.

thanks for the love, adobo. the concepts will just get more crazed but i won't be able to post a lot of it on here. stop by my site.

29c30ci.jpg

Got some hot girls on your blog. Good stuff.....

Originally Posted by Mr Fongstarr

29c30ci.jpg

Heading to your town and shooting some [real] pretty girls. SF > LA > LV.

Originally Posted by Mr Fongstarr

29c30ci.jpg

Heading to your town and shooting some [real] pretty girls. SF > LA > LV.
are you from LV?

Originally Posted by Cobra Kai

Originally Posted by The Tradesman

can anyone post their pictures from a canon 50mm 1.8?
almost everything i've posted. + the video i did above.
Cosign on this. My entire flickr is almost all w/ the 50 1.8, all I am working with at the moment.

http://gorgeouskillers.tumblr.com = bookmarked for later viewing
pimp.gif

a bit of my interest is starting to go towards b&w/duotone images...for some reason i didn't like b&w photog for the longest time #shrug/bankheadbounce

5344308979_be00490854_b.jpg

oh, and to dude asking for 50mm 1.8 pics...here's one i took i was pretty pleased with:

5098005979_11686810e5_z.jpg

^ 20d + 50mm f1.8 + 430ex ii flash

for those interested in street photog, here's an interesting link i just came across:

http://vivianmaier.blogspot.com/

^don't know how you guys feel about street photog, but for me it's highly intriguing and peaks my interest. i don't really know why, but i love the candid/random/storytelling qualities of it

Back
Top Bottom