The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

Originally Posted by jcinista

Originally Posted by Mr Fongstarr

to the dude that said something about the shadow; i'm familiar with the flash on the wall technique but shadows are ok with me. i meant to do that.

thanks for the love, adobo. the concepts will just get more crazed but i won't be able to post a lot of it on here. stop by my site.

29c30ci.jpg

Got some hot girls on your blog. Good stuff.....
Heading to your town and shooting some [real] pretty girls. SF > LA > LV.

Hopefully it won't be typical cliche shots like "hot naked girl in front of Golden Gate Bridge". But I am partial to my city so I am sure I will like it regardless. Can't wait to see the stuff.

My XT's picture quality is horrible now, although it was great when I just bought it.
I'm positive it's because I took a cotton swab and tried "cleaning" the sensor, thinking
to myself "+%+# an air blower sensor cleaner thingy."

Damn. I'm an idiot.

30t6p3b.gif

^^
Try cleaning it with a sensor cleaning kit.
If it's just cotton stuck on the sensor, it should be okay.
If the sensor is damaged, you're screwed.

fong- i haven't decided what concepts i'm gonna do. i have to see the girls face to face then it will come to me.
2ibkn07.jpg

does anyone know how good[creamy] the bokeh is on the 50 f/1.4?

Thanks. If both of those are really his, he must be a lucky guy
Hopefully you got to drive the bike to the phootshoot
pimp.gif

Finally got my Sigma 10-20mm back from my brother in-law.

Now the bag is complete: Sigma 10-20, Nikon 35-70mm 2.8, Nikon 50mm 1.8, Sigma 50-150mm 2.8...

5356707812_4b5a82b40d_z.jpg

5356093297_ac54510fc3_z.jpg

Originally Posted by tony23retro

Originally Posted by adob0

jaw knee c: aj4l right? i have the canon equivalent 50mm and love it. i second your suggestion, every/any one with a dslr should have it in their bag. outstanding image qual for such a cheap price.

don't know if anyone has seen these documentaries...but they are
pimp.gif
to me. peep it if you have a genuine intersest, lots of inspiration imo.

^ 4:50 into the vid =
eek.gif
pimp.gif
This documentary is great! I've watched a couple episodes online.

I've read about a Camara Obscura, but I was completely amazed as that picture came gushing
through the small hole and onto the wall, completely tripped me out. I thought mirrors were needed in order to
do something like that, something like a school projector, but I guess not.

It's amazing to see how far along photography has come and what we're able to do now, things that I'm sure the great minds
that helped create this art could only dream of at the time.
the fact that it came through in the room upsidedown =mindblown..
makes me think that images are flowing through my eyes upsidedown.
what is and what isn't
eek.gif

*whats a good starter cam

^^^Depends on the lens. what your basically comparing is sharpness because contrast and color can be adjusted in photoshop. I purchased the Sigma 10-20mm and 50-150mm because the sharpness of those two lenses is comparable to Nikkor lenses. The color and contrast is not as good but those two things can be adjusted with software. So they were worth it because the Nikkor costs twice as much.

But my Nikkor 50mm and 35-70mm blows away any of the other brands in regards to sharpness with the aperture wide open.

Hey Guys,

Ive been shooting with a T2i with the stock 18-55 for about a year now(never really posted any pics, wanted to start a blog but never got to it)

recently i won a Canon 50mm f/2.5 compact macro for $200 on ebay.

Now after shooting around with it i realized i need something in between the two. Would that Canon 50mm f 1.8 be a good in between/everyday lens?

and would those fish eye adapters lens kit be worth it to get a feel and practice before i go out and buy a actualy FE lens?

Originally Posted by solemunchies

does anyone know how good[creamy] the bokeh is on the 50 f/1.4?

here's a couple of shots:
is it worth the extra money to get... over the 1.8? i don't see a significant difference.

I like the photos in here some real nice shots. From an artistic perspective though broader subjects need to be covered rather than zoomed in macros.

Back
Top Bottom