The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

Originally Posted by DeNs415

Hey Guys,

Ive been shooting with a T2i with the stock 18-55 for about a year now(never really posted any pics, wanted to start a blog but never got to it)

recently i won a Canon 50mm f/2.5 compact macro for $200 on ebay.

Now after shooting around with it i realized i need something in between the two. Would that Canon 50mm f 1.8 be a good in between/everyday lens?

and would those fish eye adapters lens kit be worth it to get a feel and practice before i go out and buy a actualy FE lens?

Fisheye lenses are basically a waste of money on a crop sensor camera such as the T2i. You will not get the full fisheye round effect, it would just be abit wider thats all. I would say save your money and go with a full frame camera down the line.. There are plenty of in between lenses to choose from at great prices such as the 28mm 1.8/2.8, 35mm 2.8.. hope that helps

Originally Posted by seniosoul

Originally Posted by tony23retro

It's amazing to see how far along photography has come and what we're able to do now, things that I'm sure the great minds
that helped create this art could only dream of at the time.
the fact that it came through in the room upsidedown =mindblown..
makes me think that images are flowing through my eyes upsidedown.
what is and what isn't
eek.gif

i couldn't agree more fellas
smokin.gif

5350492321_0047aec66b_b.jpg

Originally Posted by jcinista

is it worth the extra money to get... over the 1.8? i don't see a significant difference.
I shoot with a D90 so the f/1.4 is helpful when shooting videos but for pictures, I don't think so but I got for cheap so I jumped on that deal haha

I just bought a Nikon D5000 from Best Buy for a good deal, i am new to photography and basically using it for portraits. Any lenses yall can recommend me to buy? It came with the 18-55 lense. Basically this my starter up set before i purchase the bigger Nikon.

^ what Nikon are you going to be upgrading to? I'd usually say the first piece of glass most recommend is the 50mm 1.8. Can't beat it for its bang for buck value.

Back
Top Bottom