The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

O werd? I played gt sport for only 1 day and retired it because of the lack of offline play. Might have to try it again
Much better game since release date. All the added content improved the game.

When I played consistently, I really played the offline races.

I was trash online lolol

HZD is my favorite game of the generation. Think the “console-defining” game would be either GoW or UC4 though. Both are technical marvels with strong narratives and cinematic sequences to boot.

I was hype for HZD for the longest time before it came out, even showing the trailer to my non-gamer friends and family. And the game delivered on my high expectations. It was unique and risky. A mish-mash of seemingly incompatible settings and genres that somehow came together, like pieces of a Picasso.

A post-apocalyptic game with robot freakin dinosaurs that destroyed the world, but is plausible that they can be hunted by bow and arrow. And possibly the first heroine of a AAA game that held her own while being accepted by feminists. She didn’t need to be sexualized, conventionally beautiful, or enagage in romantic relationships. Yet she was still able to express her femininity, physically with her agility over her braun, and emotionally with compassion that was tempered by a cool steady head (as opposed to being an overly-emotional caricature.)

It might not matter to a lot of people when it comes to rating a game or any piece of media, but positive and inclusive representations of gender and ethnicity do matter to a lot of people like myself. And are a part of advancing society and media. It’s what elevated Black Panther to crush it with both critics and in the box office. And HZD, in addition to all the other positives, also really nailed it in this regard.

Last edited:
HZD is my favorite game of the generation. Think the “console-defining” game would be either GoW or UC4 though. Both are technical marvels with strong narratives and cinematic sequences to boot.

I was hype for HZD for the longest time before it came out, even showing the trailer to my non-gamer friends and family. And the game delivered on my high expectations. It was unique and risky. A mish-mash of seemingly incompatible settings and genres that somehow came together, like pieces of a Picasso.

A post-apocalyptic game with robot freakin dinosaurs that destroyed the world, but is plausible that they can be hunted by bow and arrow. And possibly the first heroine of a AAA game that held her own while being accepted by feminists. She didn’t need to be sexualized, conventionally beautiful, or enagage in romantic relationships. Yet she was still able to express her femininity, physically with her agility over her braun, and emotionally with compassion that was tempered by a cool steady head (as opposed to being an overly-emotional caricature.)

Damn. You’re making me want to go back and finish this game. I got stuck on a part and never revisited. Well I did, and I was still stuck. Maybe I’ll do what I did with GOW and just start the game fresh. Finally finished GOW last week.

It is my favorite game of all time too.

Then you definitely feel my pain that we still have no confirmed sequel :frown:

I’ve gone back and tried to play Bloodborne a few times and lose patience fast. But when it came out and I got into a groove, I was GOOD at it. There was nothing more rewarding than beating a boss on the first try solo.

Also, the atmosphere of the game. Back in Summer of 2015 when I was playing the game heavy, it was really all I could think about.

It was my first platinum trophy. I’d do it again.

I personally can’t see how to do a sequel of bloodborne. I delved into the lore heavy after beating it a few days ago, and there’s really no way to re-make a game that’s this good. I feel like it was the story and the lore that gave the game heart and inspired the creators. Bloodborne isn’t just about gameplay it’s about getting immersed into the world. Into the dream/nightmare.

Side note but I really regret missing the rakuyo in the old hunters dlc. I beat those damn shark dudes which is where I believe it’s dropped and then the game glitched. I figured I’m not going to do a NG+ anyways so I’ll just get the game over with. And now I realize that I might want to scratch the itch to take down a boss here and there. I don’t think I’m nice enough to speed through the DLC now on NG+ to get it. Feel like Ludwig and those shark bastards would both give me the fade if I don’t level up more.

It might not matter to a lot of people when it comes to rating a game or any piece of media, but positive and inclusive representations of gender and ethnicity do matter to a lot of people like myself. And are a part of advancing society and media. It’s what elevated Black Panther to crush it with both critics and in the box office. And HZD, in addition to all the other positives, also really nailed it in this regard.

All of this, tho I got Uncharted 4 tied with HZD for best game. But Horizon and Nier: Automata were definitely the biggest surprises of this generation imo and it's interesting how they're kind of similar: strong female led post-apocalyptic narratives philosophically commenting on Artificial Intelligence (in their own ways) with amazing action gameplay.

On another note, hearing that Kojima is using Guerrilla Game's engine for Death Stranding got me od hyped, even more than b4 which I didn't think was possible.

Game is :wow: :pimp:

I wonder if it will be eligible for GotY since it's a "remaster".
I was too young to play the old one, but I would watch my cousin play. This one seems alot better with the over-the-shoulder camera instead of those angled views. With that being said, this is the first time that I've been fearful of good graphics. Though, like anything else, repetition and ultimately muscle-memory will prevail and all the horror will be an annoyance rather than hindrance. I will unplug the PS4 from the receiver and will pack up my headphones for a while, probably even mute sometimes too.:lol:

I was too young to play the old one, but I would watch my cousin play. This one seems alot better with the over-the-shoulder camera instead of those angled views. With that being said, this is the first time that I've been fearful of good graphics. Though, like anything else, repetition and ultimately muscle-memory will prevail and all the horror will be an annoyance rather than hindrance. I will unplug the PS4 from the receiver and will pack up my headphones for a while, probably even mute sometimes too.:lol:

I remember how scary that original was.

The graphics back then we're were amazing.

I just hope RE8 is going to be similar to this game.

It should be survival horror all the time. Reboot it if you have too.

Last edited:
All this Bloodborne talk. While it’s not an easy game, it’s far from hard. If you can make it out of the beginning area, you can beat the game. The first couple of hours are the hardest.

Nioh, on the other hand....:angry:

All this Bloodborne talk. While it’s not an easy game, it’s far from hard. If you can make it out of the beginning area, you can beat the game. The first couple of hours are the hardest.

Nioh, on the other hand....:angry:

Bloodborne is dumb hard when on your first play through. And the dungeons get ridiculous.

But eventually you do get it down and it is more like speaking a language or playing an instrument.

Nioh though? :rofl:

We still need to run through the story and DLC together. It will be a blast.

I’m telling y’all, the hardest base game boss for me was BSB. After that, I was washing them boys. I’m not counting chalice dungeons or DLC, Abhorrent Beast and Kos :sick:

20190212_164821.jpg
20190214_140309.jpg

The funny thing with Bloodborne that I’ve constantly seen is that different people struggle with different bosses.

Bloodborne is definitely a game that isn’t for casuals though. It’s not just the bosses, but it also requires a great deal of presence of mind. The game tries to spook you, keeps you in the dark about where to go, sometimes has convoluted levels, makes it high stakes in the sense that you can clear out a ton of enemies but then still get killed before finding the next shortcut and drop your hard-earned echoes. It also channels the fear of the unknown.

All these things induce anxiety, and that’s without even mentioning the often massive shrieking nightmares of the bosses you have to battle. Some of which are pushovers, but others will test you. It’s also harder imo if a player has no experience with Souls games.

Bloodborne really tested my patience. As my first Soulsborne game, I questioned if this was all worth it. But as other have said, the first few hours are definitely the roughest. Once u get past the initial learning curve/mechanics, you should be alright. The chalice dungeons bosses on the other hand, can be absolutely ridiculous. Cursed defiled Amygdala was bar none the hardest boss in the game. Half health + her ability to one shot you was annoying.

Repost but I'm still amazed I defeated her alone.

Still been meaning to play DS3 but haven't had the chance. If you were all to rank the Soulsborne series, what are the best games?

DS3 is just as good as Bloodborne imo. I actually beat that first before revisiting BB. DS3 adopted the faster play style of BB while still retaining the build versatility that the series is known for if you so choose that route. The only element I missed from BB in DS3 was the gun parry.

Man, this game is stressful if you're playing it alone! As a kid, I played this game with a friend and during the daytime. This time around, I'm playing in the dark by myself. Having 2 bullets left when a zombie takes 3 shots to kill is the worst :lol: last night I had a zombie chase me around a table for 5 minutes cause I was trying to get to an item on the other side, but I had no bullets left to kill him

Much better game since release date. All the added content improved the game.

When I played consistently, I really played the offline races.

I was trash online lolol

GT Sport is the first video game that made me legitimately mad. There were so many times I got rammed off the track and somehow got the penalty, while the other guy would end up being first or second. @$#$ that game

Last edited:
I couldn’t beat the spider boss and so refuse to play Bloodborne anymore, maybe one day I’ll pick it up again

Yo summon the boys. I will come in and have that thing beat for you in like 45 seconds.

Just sit back and watch Lady Mormont do work and then proceed on with game.

Back
Top Bottom