The Official PlayStation Thread Vol. 5 | Wukong is AVAILABLE NOW.

Did you copy a PlayStation 5?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
finished Valhalla
tenor.gif

Won't be short for me after the 3rd playthrough :lol:
But yea without the cutscenes and the Clank sections you can breeze through it.

If you're going for the plat then make sure you spam Groovitron.Groovibomb from the beginning on every enemy in your challenge mode playthrough.
I was on NG+ and lost my save data. This was years ago and I still haven’t went back. I’d have to do 2 full playthroughs for the plat :smh:

How do yall play games that are so difficult and require so much energy?
I'm playing on Give me a Challenge or whatever its called and I'm already thinking about tappin out after just playing one weekend :smh: :lol:
Unless it's a trophy requirement. I play my games on normal. Easy is normally boring and hard is stressful.
I've had enough frustration with Uncharted games in Crushing mode.

What puts me off even more is the names some of the hard modes have.
I'm not trying to play no Ultra Nightmare mode. Even if the normal mode is called Novice mode, I'll stick to that :lol:

Yeah there is kind of a weird balance I am trying to find.

I don’t like chasing platinums because it is rarely fun for me. But beating some games once just doesn’t feel like you really played it. I dunno if that makes sense.

Nintendo not having an achievement system is starting to make more sense to me. It seems like a more relaxed version of gaming.

has there been a Japanese developed game with a black MAIN protagonist? and why are their depictions of western males always blond hair blue/colored eyes.

How do yall play games that are so difficult and require so much energy?
I'm playing on Give me a Challenge or whatever its called and I'm already thinking about tappin out after just playing one weekend :smh: :lol:
I just always choose the hardest difficulty whenever I play a game and stick with it.
Done Death March on TW3
Give me God of War for GOW(threw my controller more than I ever have beating those Valkyries)
Doing Lethal now on GOT
I also save my perk/skill points until I die 5 times in a row then I use them. I've hoarded 10+ skill points in Valhalla, MM, etc. I like to think whatever is beating me so many times, has no clue whats about to hit them when I go up 10+ skill points :lol:

has there been a Japanese developed game with a black MAIN protagonist? and why are their depictions of western males always blond hair blue/colored eyes.

You can transform into Yasuke in Nioh :lol:

I have thought about that too. In anime etc. they portray themselves as white people also. But then I am like, wait, they are white as hell.

Yeah I dunno :lol:

Last edited:

I don’t like chasing platinums because it is rarely fun for me. But beating some games once just doesn’t feel like you really played it. I dunno if that makes sense.

Nintendo not having an achievement system is starting to make more sense to me. It seems like a more relaxed version of gaming.

This is why I go on about Trophy design because if done well then it really shouldn't be any different to how we played games in the past.

When you beat the final boss in a Final Fantasy game, you could end the game there or you can go face Omega Weapon and those other side bosses to really prove your skill, you can unlock the best mods for your flying ship and can get even more moves and summons post game.

A plat should be about extracting everything the game has to give not sending you on errands.

I'm selective now as well and If the plat is going to be a grind or is just not enjoyable then I skip it. I checked the time to plat for Monster Hunter World yesterday and it said 300 to 400 hours :lol:
I think I'll stick to just the main story for that one.

Someone made a post in Era and I have to agree with most of it.
Obviously I don't want every game to have the same requirements cuz that would just take the fun out of it.

Only thing I can think of but we're not getting no Barret looking man for a while. :lol:

The visuals are amazing. I hear you though, there were times I was just like “I need a break from this” and would jump back into Spider-Man. Lol.

Legit. Had to jump on Bugsnax or Persona 5 to get a boost of happy vibez lol

Was told by customer service would ship by the 5th

still nothint tho :smh:
my 12/15 order came in Xmas eve... This 17th order still pending. If I weren't handing it over to a friend & didn't have a personal I'd be stressing. Im sure it'll ship but just gonna at the buzzer lol

Control ultimate edition $20. PS5 version out next month

Got it a while ago for $20 & it was def worth it. Glad to have the update date set.

This. I don't chase trophy but if something is easily attainable or clearly outlined on how to achieve it I'll go after it. If I try more than a handful of times then I usually give it a try later down the line.
At one point in time I may have focused on that but I have so many options of games to play its not that important to me.

I'll give it till end of week for my 12/17 Walmart to ship. If it doesnt still then I'm pretty sure I'm never getting it :lol:
I’m starting to see more and more people on Twitter and on inStockNow comments getting their 12/17 tracking info. A lot of people are 2nd and 3rd wave as well. I keep opening my WM and FedEx app every hour only to get pissed.

I hit up WM CS for like the 20th time last night to complain and got a $10 gift card lmao

Back
Top Bottom