The Official PlayStation Thread Vol. 5 | Wukong is AVAILABLE NOW.

Did you copy a PlayStation 5?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Is the OG PS3 fully BC with PS1 and 2? Our previous homeowners left one in the basement and I’m curious before I trash it. Also this thing weighs a ton, tf was sony thinking.

Was eyeing Outriders and then saw it requires PS+ :smh:. Before you ask, I really only play single player games so I never saw the need to pay for PS+.

Is the OG PS3 fully BC with PS1 and 2? Our previous homeowners left one in the basement and I’m curious before I trash it. Also this thing weighs a ton, tf was sony thinking.
Why the hell would you trash it? The PS3 is literally the only console that can play PS3 games. I would keep it just for souvenirs sake. The PS5 is also much bigger and heavier than the PS3 was.

To answer your question, all PS3 games play PS1 games. Only the early batches play PS2 games.A good way to find out whether the PS3 can play PS2 games is seeing whether the black piece next to the disc reader flips open. If it does, it’ll play PS2 games. If it doesn’t, then it won’t.

Last edited:
If you don’t want it I’ll take it off your hands...

pretty good article

the new team's doom was basically doing something that no one asked for, no one really needed a last of us remake with the remaster being available and same with uncharted, if they wanted to succeed the should have developed something new, like the uncharted continuation that everyone thought they were working on

as for days gone, that game took way too long to make and someone at sony made the right call in saying "you know, you're not gonna do this better than naughty dog, we really dont need another zombie game"

I'm guessing they saw how The Witcher sales spiked after the TV show.
Too early for TLOU remake. A bundle with 1+2 for PS5 with some updates and factions in time for the TV show is fine though but not something big big.

Good to hear that Bend are making a new IP though. I think they need to differentiate themselves by making a game that won't be compared to other games in Sony's first party line up.

Also shows the importance of launching a game in a good state because the critical reception of Day's Gone at launch hurt it.
Dreams which I'm sure has sold far less is still getting support since it's a unique game in the Sony lineup IMO.

I hope BluePoint are watching too cuz if they get bought and are going to make a new IP then they will need to come up strong as well.

I sold my PS4 but still have 2 PS3's in the house. but the 60GB PS3 is a jewel. I would never sell one if I had it.

The last of us remake is still happening, ND just took over the work on it internally. It wasn’t a bad idea, Sony just didn’t trust the other team. The article is more about the employees leaving because they are being stifled

Why are they remaking a game that was already remastered for the ps4? I’d understand a remake if they didn’t bother with a remaster for the last gen (like Demon’s Souls). Seems like a money grab.

486220-defps2_021.jpg

rip to a legend

It is 8 years when you think about it. Remaster just upressed and doubled the frame rate.

Thinking about Uncharted which sonds like it's not even done, this is probably to be expected with TLOU.

I'm already satisfied with replaying the remaster. Not sure a remake is necessary unless they update it to reflect things related to the upcoming HBO series.

It is 8 years when you think about it. Remaster just upressed and doubled the frame rate.

Thinking about Uncharted which sonds like it's not even done, this is probably to be expected with TLOU.

The thing I don't like about it is that they took it from the internal team and handed it off the Naughty Dog.

Meanwhile, they pull staff from Bend to assist ND. If ND can't even handle that, then why the **** are they making TLOU remake? Let ND handle their ****, let Bend do something new, and remake TLOU through other means.

When you compare it to the moves MS is making it's even worse. They're buying up studios, releasing all their games on gamespass, some with free rez/fps updates. Then in a few years Sony's going to come out like "Here's TLOU...from Naughty Dog....again....for a third time....and it's 70 bucks now." Yeah, that's gonna suck.

it makes sense to hand it to naughty dog

the san diego team would have had to go on a hiring spree to develop it which meant a huge budget, one that the head of wws wasnt okay with

handing it off to naughty dog means not having to go on a hiring spree and keeps the budget in check

the problem with this article is that people somehow think plans have changed, nothing appears to have changed

Back
Top Bottom