The Official PlayStation Thread Vol. 5 | Wukong is AVAILABLE NOW.

Did you copy a PlayStation 5?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TidyAllGardensnake-max-1mb.gif

So yeah back on PS4 I bought this for like $19.99 and then caught the season pass for like $5 on a PSN flash sale. Re sold the PS4 disc back to GS before PS5 came out because I knew it was in the PS+ instant collection. Downloaded and it to my external SSD and it has like 37 pieces of DLC and is just dope :pimp:

Sigh.. I didn't think I would hate the new controller as much as I do(to be fair ive never been a fan of the playstation controller layout) but the extra thickness of this controller over the DS4 for me just feels uncomfortable. Haven't really enjoyed any games so far on the console.. okay rant over.

I feel what you’re saying about the layout of the controller how the dual shock sticks feel a little more of a reach for the thumbs since the controller itself is a bit more thicc lol.
It is a new design so may get some getting used to but I see what you mean.
as for the haptic features, why wouldn’t you want to leave them on to make the games more challenging?

Last edited:
My only issue with the controller is the PS button.
It's no longer a circle which looks nice but feels more recessed and harder to press.

I'll get used to it eventually but it's still annoying.

I haven't tried the D-Pad yet though so I'll get to that at one point.
See how it compares to the GOAT Vita D-pad.

finally arranged a return to send this console back to sony said it should take 15 days from the time they receive it.

They need to drop an update that allows me to double tap the PS button to get back to my game. I feel like I take a lot of unnecessary steps when navigating the menus. I also need the quick menu that pops up when you hold the PS button.

Random but if Sony decides to drop an “elite” controller, they should name it DualShock 5 :smokin

finally arranged a return to send this console back to sony said it should take 15 days from the time they receive it.
Are they going to fix yours or send you a new unit? I’d hope they had new units on standby for situations like this. Hopefully whatever they do, you get a working console.

They need to drop an update that allows me to double tap the PS button to get back to my game. I feel like I take a lot of unnecessary steps when navigating the menus. I also need the quick menu that pops up when you hold the PS button.

Random but if Sony decides to drop an “elite” controller, they should name it DualShock 5 :smokin

Yea, so I'm now used to one press PS button being the home button instead of holding it down but double tap needs to come back though.

Second kohls order cancelled

thank god for the best buy order, lettuce prey that one holds up

I was playing MM last night and the system turned off on me. When I turned it back on it would go to the PS screen then turn off.
Smh I had to go into safe mode and factory reset the system. I’m pissed I lost all the progress I had

Are they going to fix yours or send you a new unit? I’d hope they had new units on standby for situations like this. Hopefully whatever they do, you get a working console.

it says in my email that they will aim to fix and return my console or they will end up sending me a refurbished one

i think they are going to fix mines and send it back because i dont think they got any refurbs in stock

I was playing MM last night and the system turned off on me. When I turned it back on it would go to the PS screen then turn off.
Smh I had to go into safe mode and factory reset the system. I’m pissed I lost all the progress I had

i done read about this on reddit happening not only on MM but other games as well you should probably back up your saves

exactly why i aint put in no time on these games until they patch the issues and i resolve the issues i have

today i turned on my ps5 to see if there was any updates and i noticed demon souls was not installed anymore

than looked for this issue on reddit andl found other folks saying they installed DS came back a day later and put the disc back in the console and it went through the install process again.

it says in my email that they will aim to fix and return my console or they will end up sending me a refurbished one

i think they are going to fix mines and send it back because i dont think they got any refurbs in stock
I think ima see if an update will fix my issue before sending it back

Or should i just send it back lol

^ I wonder if there is a way a Sony can tell where consoles were manufactured (assuming they have more than one factory) because some of those issues sound crazy and very specific and it’s even crazier that multiple people are getting the same kinda issues. I think the only issue I had was logging into my account when I first got the console but I just reset the router and was good to go. I also think my controller is faulty because it doesn’t seem to charge past one bar despite it being plugged in while I game for hours.

just got my cancellation from kohls guess ima have to stick it out with this one giving me issues.

I think ima see if an update will fix my issue before sending it back

Or should i just send it back lol

i really dont know becuase you could be sitting around waiting on a update and when it does come it may not even fix the issue since there is no error code given when it happens the sony tech kept asking for a error code to the point where they just told me to send it in so they can see i even typed up a letter with my youtube link i will be sending with the console

the store i got my ps5 through said i have until dec 31 to return it.. so if sony says its fine and sends it back than hopefully a firmware update will fix it before the 31st or i will be returning it to the store if there aint no update out by the 31st and may just wait it out.

since its under warranty im sending it back its not like i can play any of the games the way i want to. Its basically a brick for now. Just going to hop back on this PS4

^ I wonder if there is a way a Sony can tell where consoles were manufactured (assuming they have more than one factory) because some of those issues sound crazy and very specific and it’s even crazier that multiple people are getting the same kinda issues. I think the only issue I had was logging into my account when I first got the console but I just reset the router and was good to go. I also think my controller is faulty because it doesn’t seem to charge past one bar despite it being plugged in while I game for hours.

i read this over on reddit yall should really check out the r/ps5 they have a sub on there with nothing but people reporting issues.

I read about this one too someone said that the console will not charge your controller while you are playing plugged in and it will also not charge the controller in rest mode using the front usb people been using a workaround using the usb on the back to charge.

Back
Top Bottom