**The Official Ralph Lauren Polo Thread**

I just get irked. No one crew was wearing Polo. Every kid was rocking a little bit or allot of Polo.
I was introduced to Polo in 87 to 89. I remember coming to school and kids asking me what I was wearing.
Kids from the 90s (east 98 st etc) in east flatbush put me onto polo. Allot of kids had Polo over there. Huge ski pieces etc.
The boosting was a part of it. But you had kids who could actually afford it. I used to run with those kids.
We saved our money and hit the out of state outlets in the summer and came to school loaded. We had to use the outlets because most of the big pieces were gone at A&S and Macys. The boosters got to em. lol

Polo is bigger than boosting. Thats just a piece of the community.
Everyone's Polo experience is different. I don't agree with the booster argument as far as who has a right to wear the jacket but understand it means more to some than others. The same with "rules of wearing polo". Only rule I have is I have to like it but I respect others people passion about it even if I don't entertain it.

old polo.jpg
l.
RicoSwa RicoSwa , I see that Adidas Graphic pullover in the cut. Cats don't even know how hard the reign was. Me and my boy Cool Box Rocker stayed "Adidas on the top/Reebok on the feet" during those years.

'87, Destin Florida.

Box Rocker in Adidas. Reebok (Can't remember the model. Ex-o- something. Not the Sigorney Weaver Alien Stompers, but dropped at the same time). Jeans courtesy of Guess.

Me in the Tommy Hilfiger-designed Coca Cola. Reebok 5600. Jeans courtesy of Guess.

Def # 3 Crew

Reebok adidas acid wash on the beach 86.jpg

reebok on the beach close up.jpg

Last edited:
RicoSwa RicoSwa , I see that Adidas Graphic pullover in the cut. Cats don't even know how hard the reign was. Me and my boy Cool Box Rocker stayed "Adidas on the top/Reebok on the feet during those years.

'87, Destin Florida.

Box Rocker in Adidas. Reebok (Can't remember the model. Ex-o- something. Not the Sigorney Weaver Alien Stompers, but dropped at the same time). Jeans courtesy of Guess.

Me in the Tommy Hilfiger-designed Coca Cola. Reebok 5600. Jeans courtesy of Guess.

Def # 3 Crew

They dont understand how Big Adidas was. Salute.

Have insomnia and debating getting both colors of the P-Wing shoes to get the 30% but I only really wanted the blue pair. Do I wait till they hit clearance and get one or pull the trigger on both?
:emoji_thinking:
I’d wait. Even though they’re P-wing they will most likely sit just like all the other polo sneakers. Unless you want them ASAP you’ll have no problem buying later at a similar or even better discount. That’s what I’m doing for the white version

Just bought it. Just to piss off the polo snobs who wanna tell people what they can and can't wear. I rep the Polo Cops. All we do is cop polo. lol Me and my store detectives make sure the clothes aint defective. We hang at One Polo Plaza aka Kings Plaza. When we see a Lo Life, we strip them naked. Thats what we call strip search. Just kidding. Too old to start a new polo crew. Dont get offended. To each his own. Respect to all Polo crews.
booster.jpg

Last edited:
Damn, UO shipping using Lasership :frown: RIP to my delivery smh

Indeed. Good chance it gets stolen.

Re: The booster jacket. I like it. Old heads need to grow up. Mad at someone else over clothing. A booster is someone who invests money into a program. Being that I pay for my RL (a concept lost to them), I am a RL Booster.

Last edited:
RicoSwa RicoSwa , I see that Adidas Graphic pullover in the cut. Cats don't even know how hard the reign was. Me and my boy Cool Box Rocker stayed "Adidas on the top/Reebok on the feet" during those years.

'87, Destin Florida.

Def # 3 Crew

?

wDC.jpg

OMfreakinG, that's THEM! Reebok Integrity Hi-Top '89s!* I haven't laid eyes on these since back then. Those joints were uber-rare to ever see even back then, and Box Rocker was the only one with them. We trooped to FootLocker and bought those joints, respectively. You got me hunting and found this dope site. https://www.defynewyork.com/2014/04/21/reebok-80s-90s-shoe-archive-facebook-page/ This is why we we're Reebok on the feet back then- they were just so damn HARD. Started changing as the 90's hit. Really with the Dee Brown Pumps, and after that, they kinda went "new sleek spaceship" instead of the old hard "Millennium Falcon" that they used to be. If that makes any sense.

*(So I was two years off on that trip. And that makes sense, as on that Trip I bought Stetsasonic's first Album, King Tee's first album and Superlover Cee and Casanova Rud's first joint. Box Rocker bought The DOC and... something else. Back then, classic hip hop albums were just laying around. 86-89, there almost was nothing wack to buy. You had skills or you didn't dare come out. Period. Thank you so much for taking me back down memory lane.)

OMfreakinG, that's THEM! Reebok Integrity Hi-Top '89s!* I haven't laid eyes on these since back then. Those joints were uber-rare to ever see even back then, and Box Rocker was the only one with them. We trooped to FootLocker and bought those joints, respectively. You got me hunting and found this dope site. https://www.defynewyork.com/2014/04/21/reebok-80s-90s-shoe-archive-facebook-page/ This is why we we're Reebok on the feet back then- they were just so damn HARD. Started changing as the 90's hit. Really with the Dee Brown Pumps, and after that, they kinda went "new sleek spaceship" instead of the old hard "Millennium Falcon" that they used to be. If that makes any sense.

*(So I was two years off on that trip. And that makes sense, as on that Trip I bought Stetsasonic's first Album, King Tee's first album and Superlover Cee and Casanova Rud's first joint. Box Rocker bought The DOC and... something else. Back then, classic hip hop albums were just laying around. 86-89, there almost was nothing wack to buy. You had skills or you didn't dare come out. Period. Thank you so much for taking me back down memory lane.)

They were probably rare because I don't think they were cheap. I actually had that Blue pair. I asked my mom to pay the OD price because they were going to be my one pair of sneakers for whatever season of AAU ball that was.

They were heavy as **** though. No matter how cool I thought they looked. I don't know what I was thinking.

DefyNewYork used to be on this site quite a bit FYI.

And I like your taste in music!

They were probably rare because I don't think they were cheap. I actually had that Blue pair. I asked my mom to pay the OD price because they were going to be my one pair of sneakers for whatever season of AAU ball that was.

They were heavy as **** though. No matter how cool I thought they looked. I don't know what I was thinking.

DefyNewYork used to be on this site quite a bit FYI.

And I like your taste in music!

The $145.00 is swirling though my head over and over. Found this regarding the Reebok Pumps;

"While Reebok was a proven commodity, the launch of the Pump in November 1989 brought with it a considerable amount of controversy. The sneaker was priced at $170, an astronomical sum for the time (even Nike didn't have the nerve to exceed $100 on their Jordans)."

Back
Top Bottom