**The Official Ralph Lauren Polo Thread**

rrl polo purple etc are all the same shmatas its marketing nothing else sometimes an item will have rrl on it and 2 years later the same thing will come out in polo and vice versa wouldn't be surprised if they remove labels that don't sell and slap rrl on it and just re-market it bottom line they got something for ever shape and every budget buy what fits both for you

Still got 30 minutes left (watching now) but so far.. doc is just okay. Behind the scenes footage and family home videos are pretty cool as well as some of the old ads... The focus on his vision was a little drawn out and repetitive IMO. It really shined when they got personal, like about him wanting to be Sinatra, and they should have had it be a little more interpersonal along those lines to keep my interest.

Still got 30 minutes left (watching now) but so far.. doc is just okay. Behind the scenes footage and family home videos are pretty cool as well as some of the old ads... The focus on his vision was a little drawn out and repetitive IMO. It really shined when they got personal, like about him wanting to be Sinatra, and they should have had it be a little more interpersonal along those lines to keep my interest.

Saw it. Nothing special in there. All the same info.
His wife is pretty tho. She could have been an actress.
In my opinion, 80s Polo runway shows and footage is mysterious. 90s stuff is overdone now. Every ig person and re seller has the 90s retro pieces.

Layout of the fit I wore to meet the London crew at the weekend
5ACD28BA-ABF5-42D4-AB10-E7D25A2508A2.jpeg

Is RRL denim that much better than RL denim? I know RRL has a selvedge line and hidden rivets and all that but are really worth $300? They look like they're cut the same as the regular line joints but are more intricately distressed (from what I see on the website and you know how that is)...

and man I am underwhelmed by the current Purple Label suits. Don't know if it's the styling or poor fit on the models but those suits look s****y. It's crazy how the suits are some of the worst garments within Purple Label which is supposed to be the "grown up" Ralph Lauren sub-brand. I was shocked to see they were $2-3k a pop when the sweaters and pants are $6+ hundred. Those suits are worth $800 MAX... and I'm being generous with that number.

It depends. Not all selvedge is created equal and being selvedge doesn't mean its higher quality. The older Japanese selvedge and some of the limited edition ones (like cotton and linen or cotton and hemp Japanese selvedge) are much nicer. The ones using Cone/American selvedge is pretty much crap though imo.I have one pair of Cone selvedge and its the blandest denim.

real spill

I've seen some of the denims from before RRL was sold online and those were hot fiya, now they just look like regular RL jeans at an exorbitant price.

The clothes weren't sophisticated but they had a look of
wholesome luxury.

p.s.

Polo

Private School Days

stadium tee.jpg

This is a custom. Im going to make it color.
Just for me to wear on the beach.
The new stuff is branded too heavily.
Sunglasses and cp 93 shorts and Im good with this tee.

Last edited:
The clothes weren't sophisticated but they had a look of
wholesome luxury.

p.s.

Polo

Private School Days

stadium tee.jpg

This is a custom. Im going to make it color.
Just for me to wear on the beach.
The new stuff is branded too heavily.
Sunglasses and cp 93 shorts and Im good with this tee.

I get the concept you're after, but that font is way off.

Back
Top Bottom