**The Official Ralph Lauren Polo Thread**

I remember someone on here saying the lolifes had no influenece on polo and what was being retroed.
And they story changes but still trying to discredit

I was 12 in 92
Got mad love for my get fresh crews from nj like ayack nation ,my guy polo ice,supreme ect but this explains everything you have ever typed on this message bord
It’s kool but you was not there. 92??? No diss but the movement started in the early 80’s

giphy (9).gif

Exactly 😂

Polo has always been cool. Slick Rick was the first I heard rapping about Polo.
I saw guys in Brooklyn in 1989 in East flatbush wearing ski gooses.
I heard a friend call the ski jacket the suicide when we were in kings plaza to see Bat Man 1.

He told me if you wore that jacket they would literally try to kill you for it.
None of these kids were Lo Lives.

The leader of BMW (Brooklyn's Most Wanted) crew in Brooklyn had on a suicide ski jacket after the Bat Man movie let out.
A whole mob of them were chilling in front of the escalator where the movie theater was.
That was the first time I saw that jacket.

Lo Lives kept wearing Polo after everybody moved on to DKNY Hilfiger and Ice Berg.
They kept it going. Most were not wearing Polo heavy after 95 to 2003.
Kanye made it cool again from 2003 to 2005 then he switched to Louis Vuitton Don mode.

2005 to 20013, Polo was dead again.
Then everybody went crazy when that preppy sweater around the waist
bear came back in 2013.

Then it died down til 2016. Thats when the martini bear dropped.
Then the retro phase started in 2017 with Stadium.

Lo Lives kept it going when everybody stopped wearing Polo in those dead periods.
Im talking about in the hood. Not in the world. lol
Doug and slicks “The show” came out in 1985 no coincidence that the two crews that would form to make the lo-lifes stated in 1985 it was a way of life (it’s the green bottle that slick is rapping about Ralph’s first fragrance)
And you did see cats from the Bush rocking 1989 it was still a Brooklyn thing but it was expanding also to other boroughs and state because of us Brooklyn dudes (in the form that you still see till this day style wise)..... now here we go with the bulll****!!!
ok the first bat man movie came out in summer 1989 same summer as do the right thing!! Not winter 1991
That’s the first lie
The Second is that the “sui” or “suicide” goose did not come out until two year later in 1991🤔
You are correct about the saying though but how the **** are you seeing a winter coat in the summer 1989 that don’t come out until two years later in the winter 1991??? How sway??
And thirdly is lo never “died” it just slowed down for those that jump ship and ********ing that’s all but the real rockers kept on rocking and not given a **** who did or didn’t.
Kanye made it so so cool for these lames to rock lo but were did he get it from??? Demdare! Some real ones from the crib!!Ask about them.
Next you had vintage gear addicts “VGA” and “show ya lo” in the early 200’s repping the culture Heavy online presence for years thusly opening up the world to the universal movement that has chapters around the globe 🌍 in the years you mentioned Ralph introduces lines like rlx,polo sport,pjc,lauren rugby ,purple label ect and the stamp was in 2004 when rl became the official sponsor of the us open and wInbledon and introduce the big pony that everyone bit .
How can something die that started in Brooklyn nyc to growing globally from the 1980’s till now!
Whole lotta self proclaimed historians in her......
and revisionist too!! If you wasn’t there then you wasn’t and there’s nothing wrong with that but don’t try to interject you’re self like you know what the **** your talking
There are literally 3 books documenting the nucleus of this very culture/lifestyle 1 pictorial and two coffee table books. How the **** are any of theses cats even got the nerve to try to tell anyone that was there anything??? That’s like me born in the early 70’s someone who lived the Motown era of the 1960...I wasn’t even born yet😂😂😂😂 yeah it got played in my house hold to the point I loved it and still do but I’m not even a spectator in the subject,I was not there so I shut up and listen to those that were and lived that movement and moment in time. Get ****ing real.
😂😂 Ralph acknowledges and for some reason the Johnny come lately still are like ..un oun nope **** what Ralph say😂😂
I’m not even a double L but I was not only there but a willing participant in it all.
i actually seen it
I actually lived it
Truth will always remain the truth
I give credit were credit is do!!

Last edited:

Got mad love for my get fresh crews from nj like ayack nation ,my guy polo ice,supreme ect but this explains everything you have ever typed on this message bord
It’s kool but you was not there. 92??? No diss but the movement started in the early 80’s

Exactly 😂

Doug and slicks “The show” came out in 1985 no coincidence that the two crews that would form to make the lo-lifes stated in 1985 it was a way of life (it’s the green bottle that slick is rapping about Ralph’s first fragrance)
And you did see cats from the Bush rocking 1989 it was still a Brooklyn thing but it was expanding also to other boroughs and state because of us Brooklyn dudes (in the form that you still see till this day style wise)..... now here we go with the bulll****!!!
ok the first bat man movie came out in summer 1989 same summer as do the right thing!! Not winter 1991
That’s the first lie
The Second is that the “sui” or “suicide” goose did not come out until two year later in 1991🤔
You are correct about the saying though but how the **** are you seeing a winter coat in the summer 1989 that don’t come out until two years later in the winter 1991??? How sway??
And thirdly is lo never “died” it just slowed down for those that jump ship and ********ing that’s all but the real rockers kept on rocking and not given a **** who did or didn’t.
Kanye made it so so cool for these lames to rock lo but were did he get it from??? Demdare! Some real ones from the crib!!Ask about them.
Next you had vintage gear addicts “VGA” and “show ya lo” in the early 200’s repping the culture Heavy online presence for years thusly opening up the world to the universal movement that has chapters around the globe 🌍 in the years you mentioned Ralph introduces lines like rlx,polo sport,pjc,lauren rugby ,purple label ect and the stamp was in 2004 when rl became the official sponsor of the us open and wInbledon and introduce the big pony that everyone bit .
How can something die that started in Brooklyn nyc to growing globally from the 1980’s till now!

and revisionist too!! If you wasn’t there then you wasn’t and there’s nothing wrong with that but don’t try to interject you’re self like you know what the **** your talking
There are literally 3 books documenting the nucleus of this very culture/lifestyle 1 pictorial and two coffee table books. How the **** are any of theses cats even got the nerve to try to tell anyone that was there anything??? That’s like me born in the early 70’s someone who lived the Motown era of the 1960...I wasn’t even born yet😂😂😂😂 yeah it got played in my house hold to the point I loved it and still do but I’m not even a spectator in the subject,I was not there so I shut up and listen to those that were and lived that movement and moment in time. Get ****ing real.
😂😂 Ralph acknowledges and for some reason the Johnny come lately still are like ..un oun nope **** what Ralph say😂😂
I’m not even a double L but I was not only there but a willing participant in it all.
i actually seen it
I actually lived it

Dude we didnt see that movie in the summer. Back in those days movies ran in the theater
for damn near 6 months to a year . What decade were you in? I saw that movie in the holiday season.
People used to see hit movies 3 to 4 times and sneak in repeatedly in those days.

Matter of fact the kids I saw the movie with already saw it. My cousin took me and my other cousin to see it because we were the only ones that didnt see it.

The original flag suicide came out first. It was out in 1989 my dude.
The circle ski next. Then the 92 ski.

Last edited:

Exactly 😂

That’s the first lie

i actually seen it
I actually lived it

All of this! I was waiting for you ring the school bell. I've learned a lot about the history of the RL culture from this thread over the years. What yourself, and all of the other OGs that lurk the thread have shared here is always appreciated. That's coming from an older guy that didn't get pulled into RL until 2006

Last edited:

Are you nuts,? Bat Man ran fir the entire holiday season. Who the hell pulls a movie after 2 months in the 80s? lol We used to have to wait a year to get movies on cable. You have no memory of that decade.

Last edited:
And raekwon really had nothing to do with making polo hot. It was already popping way before him. If you wanna take documented examples check zhigges video toss it up or krs ones video with all the lo in it. I forgot the name.
Thank you for mentioning Zhigge. People always sleep but they were laced in their videos. That is the first video I had ever seen it consistently showcasing Polo.

Polo has always been cool.

Lo Lives kept wearing Polo after everybody moved on to DKNY Hilfiger and Ice Berg.

Kanye made it cool again from 2003 to 2005 then he switched to Louis Vuitton Don mode.

2005 to 20013, Polo was dead again.
Then everybody went crazy when that preppy sweater around the waist
bear came back in 2013.

From my memory2005, Rugby was on and popping.
Rugby stores and artist like ASAP Ferg and Vado from Harlem we’re waving the flag hard. Those were NOT dead years.
Yeezy was a basic polo wearer. Taz was the monster in the crew. Yeezy made YOUNGER kid notice polo was a thing but instead of giving props to the architects like Jay Z/Papoose/Tru Life would do in their rhymes, he wanted to be the star. **kanye shrugs**

Exactly 😂

That’s the first lie

i actually seen it
I actually lived it
Batman has been released on various formats, including VHS, LaserDisc, DVD and Blu-ray. In an unprecedented move at the time, it was made available to buy on VHS in the US on November 15 less than six months after its theatrical release.

That is wikipedia and box office mojo info. Films ran more than 6 months in theaters at that time. Unprecedented because it ran "less" than the usual 6 months. RARE. Released in June. It was supposed to run til new year 1990.

I knew it was cold when I saw it. Its November 23 now. 8 days from the 15 and I see Polo gooses
on the streets. People are cold as usual in November. I aint got to lie for no clout. That movie ran almost to thanksgiving in 89.

Last edited:
Anyone watch the new Ralph Documentary? Just started it and its very interesting, love how he changed the game and did it his way.

Are you nuts,? Bat Man ran fir the entire holiday season. Who the hell pulls a movie after 2 months in the 80s? lol We used to have to wait a year to get movies on cable. You have no memory of that decade.
Nuts ??? Na No but you are
All the other **** you typed was nothing but gibberish as always
And I am that decade.
Ahhh the old denial and redirect method of a lie.
Jedi mind tricks don’t work on me duke.
Can’t just wave ya Hand and make it something that it’s not.
Even if the movie was still in theaters in the winter and I’m sure it was considering it was the summer blockbuster of the year 1989
The holidays are considered November and December.....the move came out in June of 1989
🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔
“Have you ever danced with the devil in the pail moon night?” Joker /Joe chill -bat man 1989
The suicide line started dropping in fall 1991 goose came out in winter 1991
Again how the **** did you see a article of clothing that would not be released until two years later. *****

583510FC-E610-4B6E-B668-B88DA93EA3B9.jpeg

The original polo USA came in two versions
Nothing on back and ski man goose aka the circle ski in 1988-1989 and the polo USA and ski man image was use as far back as fall 1987 but not together until 1988+.

1353AAFF-C03F-4EF7-82E5-FEF834D6C990.jpeg

The downhill skier came out in 1991 fall with the patch versions items but the coat pictured is the infamous suicide polo coat and yes as you stated the “folklore” about this jacket is true and sadly I know someone that lost they life for this coat. For us that was there and survived the dark ages it’s not a game. But I digress......again tell us how you saw a item at KP in 1989 that would not be released until 1991?? Denied Deficit and redirect!!!

Last edited:
Nuts ??? Na No but you are
All the other **** you typed was nothing but gibberish as always
And I am that decade.
Ahhh the old denial and redirect method of a lie.
Jedi mind tricks don’t work on me duke.
Can’t just wave ya Hand and make it something that it’s not.
Even if the movie was still in theaters in the winter and I’m sure it was considering it was the summer blockbuster of the year 1989
The holidays are considered November and December.....the move came out in June of 1989
🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔
“Have you ever danced with the devil in the pail moon night?” Joker /Joe chill -bat man 1989
The suicide line started dropping in fall 1991 goose came out in winter 1991
Again how the **** did you see a article of clothing that would not be released until two years later. *****

583510FC-E610-4B6E-B668-B88DA93EA3B9.jpeg

The original polo USA came in two versions
Nothing on back and ski man goose aka the circle ski in 1988-1989 and the polo USA and ski man image was use as far back as fall 1987 but not together until 1988+.

1353AAFF-C03F-4EF7-82E5-FEF834D6C990.jpeg

The downhill skier came out in 1991 fall with the patch versions items but the coat pictured is the infamous suicide polo coat and yes as you stated the “folklore” about this jacket is true and sadly I know someone that lost they life for this coat. For us that was there and survived the dark ages it’s not a game. But I digress......again tell us how you saw a item at KP in 1989 that would not be released until 1991?? Denied Deficit and redirect!!!

I was in JR high at that time. So you might be right. It could be the circle ski I saw the guy wearing that night. But we didnt consider that one the suicide because there was a
triple fat goose that looked like the Polo circle ski coat. My little friends considered the flag ski the real suicide coat. They both are now considered equal I guess.

triple.jpg

This is leather. The Polo version was a copy of this coat. Thats what many say.

triple 2.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom