**The Official Ralph Lauren Polo Thread**

Except for the above picture, the only thing I am not seeing in all this t-shirt (specifically Tees, not Polos) discussion are the tags. The tags can make the difference between, "This shirt is cheap," and, "This shirt is refined." Ironically, both can feel the same thing; "thin."

As soon as bnice02176 said that he " thought they did an alright job with", my eyes went straight to the tag. Do you see the classic blue label? Look at the little separate blue drop-down tag below. I don't know what it says, but as soon as I saw it, I knew there was something "extra" going on with that shirt. Extra with the cloth quality, the sewing, and/or Ralphy's loving attention.

For example, I seek and hunt the below t-shirt the way most Lo heads hunt a Snow Beach. Check the drop-down tag;
IMG_0982.jpeg

IMG_0984.jpeg

That's not cheap. That's Pima Lisle from Peru. Same stuff Ralph uses on his top-end RLX golf shirts and limited Wimbledon t-shirts. This shirt is actually what the Purple Label tees should be like, (and I know, I have bought several trying to replicate the above shirt.) Not as thin, but it is the consistency that I suspect many would describe as "thin/cheap".

This tee is from what, '09? '10? Messed around and kinda stumbled into it in Macy's. Saw it on the rack, flipped the tag, and balked at the $59.89 (back then) for a plain jane tee. Something about it though. Tried it on and thought it was the greatest tee shirt I've put on. Waited for it to drop, and copped. I only hated the way the sleeves hung on it and made the dummy move one day and cut the sleeves, thinking I'd just get another. WRONG. I ruined it and found out the hard way that they were rare then, and rare now. Plus, they're unknown and uncoveted. So, since back then, I literally have to search the bay for hours for what would look to most like just any old ralphy tee. Just to see the tags, just to see if it is this particular model. I got lucky a few weeks ago with this one. It was an easter purple. Not anymore.

all that OR... some of these tees are just cheap and your nipples will show. LOL.
You bring up an interesting point most of the cheaply made pieces more recently atleast usually won’t have that extra tag like you said to indicate if it’s made of anything other than regular cotton.

Damn already? Yo does the outlet do a price difference.. like if I buy something today.. and it goes on sale a week later.. can they do the difference if I go back with the receipt or that’s a dub?
I’ve had mixed results, most recently they wouldn’t do it for me because they wouldn’t adjust my extra 20% off to an extra 30% off a week later. They said they’d do it for sales within the store, but not for coupons etc.

Since those are both brand new to outlets you can get around it by buying a new one at the cheaper price and returning it with the old receipt - at least up here we have a full year return policy with tags so it’s pretty easy to do, I’d assume USA is the same.

These 2 graphic polos should be in store soon if not already as well:

FDA38BEA-D32D-4113-B576-F86BD0E64E5E.jpeg
A4F0576D-79CE-41B3-B38B-E90C801C6C50.jpeg

Got that 30 off email too... Figured I'd go stop by today so I don't get stuff that's picked over by the weekend...they had some good sales but nothing in my size...so did a order to deliver to my crib for 3 items one rugby, one polo bear hoodie and last but not least a black cardigan... It has a graphic on the cardigan hard to explain but was the hardest piece... I'll post pics once it's delivered... Can't wait...

Just picked the last two up. Apparently a special edition shirt. I wonder do more cities have it? This was in the dawsonville outlet here. $65 but rung up $39.

I wanted this sweater badly, from $699 to $299 but the xl was a bit too snug or I need to lose weight 🤣 It was very well made….

IMG_2987.jpeg
IMG_2986.jpeg
Nice sweatshirt. Did they have a good amount of Purple label there at the Dawsonville outlet? Im due for a trip there, been a hot min since i been to the outlets

Nice sweatshirt. Did they have a good amount of Purple label there at the Dawsonville outlet? Im due for a trip there, been a hot min since i been to the outlets

It was only one full rack of purple label. It was in the B&T section for whatever reason. First time seeing that.

Best outlet I’ve seen was in Nashville. Got my wife some purple label there for dumb cheap.

Back
Top Bottom