**The Official Ralph Lauren Polo Thread**

PHOTO-2023-07-14-12-41-08.jpeg

91 Spellout Tank yesterday.
Congratulations 🏡
Came through with the assets.

😂the outside needs a repaint not flex worthy yet and my girlfriend probably didn’t want her picture on an Internet forum for strangers to see.

Congratulations to you and the lady of the house.

Homeownership is a major accomplishment (especially these days)...most folks can't wait to brag and boast.

Humbleness and gratitude are in short supply amongst men these days.

Your Niketalk Lo Fam wishes you and your folks much success and happiness.

Congratulations to you and the lady of the house.

Homeownership is a major accomplishment (especially these days)...most folks can't wait to brag and boast.

Humbleness and gratitude are in short supply amongst men these days.

Your Niketalk Lo Fam wishes you and your folks much success and happiness.
Yeah don’t get me wrong it’s a huge accomplishment but I feel like people constantly look for other peoples approval via social media than there own personal satisfaction.

Doesn’t bother me at all. There's more than enough high quality, pre-owned Ralph Lauren to be had for pennies on the dollar. I've only paid MSRP for this stuff a handful of times, so I'll always find exactly what I want for the prices that I want to pay.
90% of my RL doesn't have any logos nor branding, so I'll continue to enjoy it until it all turns to rags.

Wild to me companies went from making goods in the USA and were profitable to making goods in Asia/Latin America to be stupid profitable then have the audacity to raise prices and just be expensive. Purple Label I understand being made in Italy but most of it are made in factories with one bathroom and honestly the mark up is ridiculous.

Want to charge me more? Make them in the USA or where artisans are making the product.

Might be time to be more selective.

But those prices are meaningless. Nearly everything goes on sale, the polo dealers on ig set their own prices, I haven’t paid close to retail for any pieces in years except that one respect wilderness long bill the blue and green one. I see pieces that people are trying to resell for more on eBay restock on various sites. I check about 25 sources regularly and keep looking until I see a price I like. A few of those sites get random heat in for no reason that’s been long sold out.

Typical public company babble that they are expected to give to a rag like Bloomberg news. Can't go on there telling anything but a growth story.

At the same time his wholesale partners are in the ear saying they didn't really move many blue label hoodies at $248 and they are at a price ceiling. Seeing discounts on blue label start 6-7 weeks after it arrives at retail now.

Chanel, Hermes, Gucci and LV raise their prices once a year (sometimes twice a year). All of them employ the same reason: to preserve brand prestige. In other words, they want to price out the riff raff. RL has clearly and loudly proclaimed at investor meetings that they are positioning the brand to move into the luxury space and pick up new customers/wealthy customers along the way. I'm interested to see how RL will pull this off with multiple labels under the Ralph Lauren brand. We all know that blue label offerings/SKUs are shrinking and being offered in less channels or rebranded (see some of the Rugby inspired pieces dropping recently). I predict that in 2-5 years, RL will be pulled out of Macys/Dillards/Belk and only available at upscale doors like Bloomingdales or only available exclusively at RL stores.

Last edited:
Chanel, Hermes, Gucci and LV raise their prices once a year (sometimes twice a year). All of them employ the same reason: to preserve brand prestige. In other words, they want to price out the riff raff. RL has clearly and loudly proclaimed at investor meetings that they are positioning the brand to move into the luxury space and pick up new customers/wealthy customers along the way. I'm interested to see how RL will pull this off with multiple labels under the Ralph Lauren brand. We all know that blue label offerings/SKUs are shrinking and being offered in less channels or rebranded (see some of the Rugby inspired pieces dropping recently). I predict that in 2-5 years, RL will be pulled out of Macys/Dillards/Belk and only available at upscale doors like Bloomingdales or only available exclusively at RL stores.

They have been aggressive with their stand alone stores too but also tons of outlets. Ain’t no LV or Gucci outlet.But Burberry and some others for sure.

I mean as I read that again today, I go to the site and there is now a “Summer Sale”. And smart shoppers will just wait.

I think their issue is making the brand so fashionable that people want what they want immediately and will pay the price. That’s a branding and marketing exercise along with a product issue.

Personally I’ve rarely bought things at full retail as I know if I wait it will go on sale. To top things off I know there is even a chance of a sale and another discount on top the sale.

Nothing luxurious about that. I still really like the brand. I just don’t hold it in that realm of the others.

Meanwhile i’m on a waiting list at the OMEGA store for a watch and I’ll wait and happily pay the price.

My thing is we all wait for things to go on sale but I see what they're doing. Raising the retail prices and marking it down but when marked down it's the old retail price. I mean at that point is their plan working? I recall seeing a bear sweater on "sale" for $298 and I'm like hold up that used to be full price.

I think they're trying to up the "prestige" so that LVMH would buy them out, LVMH shut RL down last year because
"The American brand is too far removed from LVMH's core luxury business model"

Back
Top Bottom