**The Official Ralph Lauren Polo Thread**

^@njcrack....
There's a huge difference in contributing to the thread and bashing others because they don't share the same love for the RL that's in you pulled out of your time capsule. Why not show cats what the foundation of this Polo thing looks like instead of your current approach.

Edit: Damb, Methman already offed him.

Last edited:
^@njcrack....
There's a huge difference in contributing to the thread and bashing others because they don't share the same love for the RL that's in you pulled out of your time capsule. Why not show cats what the foundation of this Polo thing looks like instead of your current approach.

Edit: Damb, Methman already offed him.
He's a johnnycomelately...he's trying to act like an elitist but please do not take him as anything authentic . Superman, as a lurker for a long time, you're certified brother, vintage lo or not. The LO umbrella is huge enough for everyone to get in where they feel like fitting in without finger pointing who's style is better (there is a wack level tho, we all gotta start somewhere). Ralph would probably say we're all doing it wrong lol

Anyway, on to the pics:

Real rockers of the "lifestyle" do just that..rock they ****! And when it comes to Ralph Lauren "all" lines get rock! period!!! 99% of these dudes on these forums that talk like they was there wasn't and this I know for a fact. If the first thing that comes out they mouth is some 90's **** I know you was not in the mix for real. No clubs, no o.t. Trips,no passport stamps, all the while living the lifestyle! It's way deeper than just cloths and that's what these cats that just pop up out of the wood work in last few years will never understand,why cause they was not there!!! This is not a dis to anyone that chamber started in the 90's cause its not or the 2g's for that matter. In '27+ years' I have Been living the lifestyle(just the Lo now) I have seen this thing move around the globe( talking about the way we did/do it) up top, down safe and all in between. Everybody got they own style whit it but Brooklyn NYC set it off, fact!!!! That is the blueprint for this "Lo" s**t. I give props where props is do no matter were you come from or came in at. I just wish the fronting would stop but hey that's the world we live in. And that don't got a dam thing to do about clothing!!!

to Michael aka KingSin

Dont really appreciate you telling cats on niketalk something along the lines of "do not percieve him as anything authentic".. dont understand why you would say that.. Yeah I started rocking 90s lo/face pieces in HS around 2004-05.. Im 21 years old I wasnt born in the 80s shame on me, . But what that doesnt make me a real lo head?or maybe because im not from Brooklyn or a bad neighborhood?  Haha yeah dude youre right.. although  I rock lo correctly and get props from mad older heads and show respect to all the founders..

Pretty wack you would write that AFTER I was banned from NT, when  I couldnt respond?. And not trying to ignite some corny internet beef but I'm pretty sure you wouldnt go saying that had I sold you that aztec print hoodie for $50 you kept fronting on..

and to Nimisiskrash how was I fronting? Never did I say I was rocking back in the day @ all, .. im 21 yrs old, that would just make me look stupid, I did write one post about how Lo got so popular, I just happen to know some of the history of how this Lo thing got started which I feel I  SHOULD know considering I'm a younger cat in the game rocking vintage pieces, anything else would be uncivilized.. And I just posted a few flicks to excite things in here being that competition was and STILL IS a major part of this Lo GAME..  

Also I was making sure not to insult anyone elses CHARACTER, any negitive comments about the Lo game.. i was just sharing my OPINION on the new pieces everyone is beasting out on over here, most of em look corny to me and it has nothing to do with when they came out. Those olympic rugbys KingSin posted are dope for sure along with a few other things. I just dont get why you cats are getting so bent out of shape talking down  about me posting vintage pieces in here.. trying to shine on me for the NT heads? i dont know.. But i've seen both you guys rock and do it properly for sure.. just dont see why I need to explain myself for respect from other lo heads.. 

^^ only ebay now from what I understand it's pretty much sold out in stores.

He's a johnnycomelately...he's trying to act like an elitist but please do not take him as anything authentic . Superman, as a lurker for a long time, you're certified brother, vintage lo or not. The LO umbrella is huge enough for everyone to get in where they feel like fitting in without finger pointing who's style is better (there is a wack level tho, we all gotta start somewhere). Ralph would probably say we're all doing it wrong lol

Anyway, on to the pics:

Thanks for the kind words. This year's olympic collection was so heavy. Nice pick ups.

Real rockers of the "lifestyle" do just that..rock they ****! And when it comes to Ralph Lauren "all" lines get rock! period!!!
Truth.

Im 21 years old I wasnt born in the 80s shame on me, . But what that doesnt make me a real lo head?or maybe because im not from Brooklyn or a bad neighborhood?  Haha yeah dude youre right.. although  I rock lo correctly and get props from mad older heads and show respect to all the founders.. i dont know what the **** you are talking about. reread my post. the last couple of pages have dumb **** in it that has nothing to do with whats going on here.

and to Nimisiskrash how was I fronting? Never did I say I was rocking back in the day @ all, .. im 21 yrs old, that would just make me look stupid, I did write one post about how Lo got so popular, I just happen to know some of the history of how this Lo thing got started which I feel I  SHOULD know considering I'm a younger cat in the game rocking vintage pieces, anything else would be uncivilized.. And I just posted a few flicks to excite things in here being that competition was and STILL IS a major part of this Lo GAME..  reread my post,did i say your name?no. i just dont want to see this go down the road my peoples site(vga) went and it has not recoverd yet from all the bs..again reread my post

i was just sharing my OPINION on the new pieces everyone is beasting out on over here, most of em look corny to me and it has nothing to do with when they came out. and you have a right to your own opinion just dont see why I need to explain myself for respect from other lo heads.. dont!

Picked out that Denim & Supply Sweater from my Marshall's for $50 
nthat.gif
. Was def hyped. I wanted that piece for so long.

Plaid dress shirt is Ralph Lauren from Marshall's also

I really wonder what is this real rocker lo lifestyle jargon getting thrown around.You arent jetsetting to the alps sking slaying broads in ski suits,You not out there hiking trekking or doing anything that Ralph lauren wanted to get done in his clothes.As dope as they are you arent actually pushing the clothes to their limits. That 3m piping isnt to look fly when you post a pic its for rescue teams to spot you when they use flashlights. Those little holes you see on rugbys are ventaliation . THose lacrosse polos and the joints with the leather straps on the color or for playing actual polo . Dude you dont understand the true purpose Polo is a lifestyle brand for the American man with money who still lives a life of adventure not just posting up on the block robbing cats for clothes or posting up on some human peacock players ball.I respect yall for what yall do but yall arent really living the lo lifestyle that Ralph Lauren envisioned if told you and some of those real lo rockers as you say do you wanna go hiking or yall want go for a trek in your ranger boots yal would be looking at me like I took a fork and knife to your dog. Lo lifestyle aint just about some pieces from 80s 90s. Brooklyn Dudes arent the only cats rocking lo rich white dudes were rocking his ties and polos for years before cats in the hood decided it was expensive enough to merit stealing to boost their low self esteem and sense of self worth to look fly. The fact you deem yourself a real rocker is propserous your not even the intended demographic at all .

The reason why the rustic indian pointe stuff is popping off is because Ralph is an older man he lives on a ranch and his clothing is a bit more pratical because heck he isnt out doing what he did 20 something years ago .He is a family man with a homestead based of the dreams and inspiration he had as a kid .Im not the biggest lo dude ever but I like to know the history and design behind his collections and his mindstate and I think i understand it bit better than a few folks

Bro I think you are taking the term "real rocker" a bit too literal. I think what krash meant by the term is heads rocking lo in the urban lo head/collecter sense on some "80s to infinity" type ****. One of the coolest things about Polo is it wasnt originally intended for the urban community, and thats one of the things that made it so appealing to the inner city youth/hip hop community in the first place aswell as to this day. I guess its kinda cool to wear RL to do the same sport/activitys suggested on the clothes (i even,wore an outdoorsman buttondown to go hunting once) but youre bugging if you,think these clothes are actually intended to,be worn for the activitys listed on them. RL is classic american sportswear, the clothes youre talking about are sports INSPIRED, thats why you see **** refers to things like the "RL ski team", that doesnt exist. The brand sells clothing inspired by the lifestyle, not intended for it. Show up to a skiing contest with an,RL shell you"ll be,laughed @, thats,what,brands like Spyder and Arcteryx are for.

Bro I think you are taking the term "real rocker" a bit too literal. I think what krash meant by the term is heads rocking lo in the urban lo head/collecter sense on some "80s to infinity" type ****. One of the coolest things about Polo is it wasnt originally intended for the urban community, and thats one of the things that made it so appealing to the inner city youth/hip hop community in the first place aswell as to this day. I guess its kinda cool to wear RL to do the same sport/activitys suggested on the clothes (i even,wore an outdoorsman buttondown to go hunting once) but youre bugging if you,think these clothes are actually intended to,be worn for the activitys listed on them. RL is classic american sportswear, the clothes youre talking about are sports INSPIRED, thats why you see **** refers to things like the "RL ski team", that doesnt exist. The brand sells clothing inspired by the lifestyle, not intended for it. Show up to a skiing contest with an,RL shell you"ll be,laughed @, thats,what,brands like Spyder and Arcteryx are for.
True I respect and I agree with you I just think folks on that real rocker tip need to look at it from a broader perspective cats coming into Lo from different periods arent gonna hold the same collections articles of clothing in the same reverance.I get on heads these days for thinking certain sneaker brands like le coq sportif adidas(cats dont know about no sky jackers ivan lendls ,new balance werent popular because they dont see it *****d out and splashed with a million colors.To me polo is pretty much the offical clothing of the American dream.Cats wanna go out in do all that fancy stuff eventually the clothing reflects that. I love all eras of Polo and what they stand for in the evolution of that mindset.That whole rustic americana stuff makes a bit of sense if you think of it in terms of how americans are slowly shifting to american made goods .Hell american made denim is back in too.Id def build with yall more in here if dialogs like this continue .you alright by me g.

And that last comment up there was.just an example. goes for all sports, although Ralph makes it all, its for the most part, intended for fashion. Also the reason all that "pre-vintage, indian pointe" stuff is being made is,because that,stuff is fashionable right now, has been for a few years. Youre definately right about Ralph being more mature now and living the ranch lifestyle, but dont fool yourself, their decision to make more of,that stuff,then they have in the past is the result of extensive market research and other business politics.. Its no coincidence RL has stayed ontop for almost 40 years now

And that last comment up there was.just an example. goes for all sports, although Ralph makes it all, its for the most part, intended for fashion. Also the reason all that "pre-vintage, indian pointe" stuff is being made is,because that,stuff is fashionable right now, has been for a few years. Youre definately right about Ralph being more mature now and living the ranch lifestyle, but dont fool yourself, their decision to make more of,that stuff,then they have in the past is the result of extensive market research and other business politics.. Its no coincidence RL has stayed ontop for almost 40 years now
I definitely have considered that Ralph maybe trying to purge his brand of "our interest in it.He didnt embrace it like Hilfiger did .Hearing about the million man rush cats getting knifed up over a polo goose probably didnt sit right with him.One thing will say he is a shrewd business man who plans his stuff out carefully.That RRL ,Denim Supply and Rugby are for a certain demographic who is wiling to spend that type of paper.

I definitely have considered that Ralph maybe trying to purge his brand of "our interest in it.He didnt embrace it like Hilfiger did .Hearing about the million man rush cats getting knifed up over a polo goose probably didnt sit right with him.One thing will say he is a shrewd business man who plans his stuff out carefully.That RRL ,Denim Supply and Rugby are for a certain demographic who is wiling to spend that type of paper.
The thing is Ralph (or whatever execs are in charge at the moment) are EXTREMELY careful to make sure they dont go over the line by BLATANTLY catering to the urban community. The overall style of the late 80s/early 90s was bright colors, graphics, and big logos, a bunch of brands were doing this at the time, so it was only natural that RL followed suit. But today, though this style is coming back a little, its mostly in the urban crowd. They have always been clever in putting out these products under the guises that they are clothes intended for their "target demographic" (upper class white men/women) playing sports etc, but who do you really think is buying products like the RL Racing vest from last winter? the 5 horseman rugbies from 04? the bright green Aztec shell 2 years ago? etc, its the hip hop crowd (for the most part) and you better believe the higher ups at RL know it. And brands like Rugby, and Denim and Supply are both at lower price points intended for the younger crowd, Rugby with the big logos and bright colors is more geared towards the hip hop group, and Denim and Supply with the predestroyed, generally earthtone colored gear is aimed towards the hipster crowd (not that they're trying to hide it). 

But its a good thing they dont obviously cater to urban crowd, because in my opinion thats when companies start to lose credibility, some examples are North Face, Hilfiger (obviously), NIKE, Timberland. Jordan brand.. see what i mean>?

The thing is Ralph (or whatever execs are in charge at the moment) are EXTREMELY careful to make sure they dont go over the line by BLATANTLY catering to the urban community. The overall style of the late 80s/early 90s was bright colors, graphics, and big logos, a bunch of brands were doing this at the time, so it was only natural that RL followed suit. But today, though this style is coming back a little, its mostly in the urban crowd. They have always been clever in putting out these products under the guises that they are clothes intended for their "target demographic" (upper class white men/women) playing sports etc, but who do you really think is buying products like the RL Racing vest from last winter? the 5 horseman rugbies from 04? the bright green Aztec shell 2 years ago? etc, its the hip hop crowd (for the most part) and you better believe the higher ups at RL know it. And brands like Rugby, and Denim and Supply are both at lower price points intended for the younger crowd, Rugby with the big logos and bright colors is more geared towards the hip hop group, and Denim and Supply with the predestroyed, generally earthtone colored gear is aimed towards the hipster crowd (not that they're trying to hide it). 
 But its a good thing they dont obviously cater to urban crowd, because in my opinion thats when companies start to lose credibility, some examples are North Face, Hilfiger (obviously), NIKE, Timberland. Jordan brand.. see what i mean>?
I defintely seeing what you mean that certain demographic i was talking about was hip hop urban folks

Back
Top Bottom