**The Official Ralph Lauren Polo Thread**

@pirate, do you have any native American print footwear from polo sports? I'd like to know if there's any other patterns than the one I'm aware of.

Thanks pirate.

Krash, nice. I wish RL would have released the postage stamped USA and Japan Flag patches. Those are my favorite all-time.

I see you with the decepticon patches, I'm holding few a stacks of superman ones. :lol:

Last edited:
Ordered my fitted caps from the Flagship store, didn't really wanna pay full price but they haven't been easy to track down. Sold out of the green one tho..

Also, I'm looking for the colored blocked navy and tan quarter zip with the flag patch from SS for possibly earlier this season

Last edited:
^ Seconding that. Double flags...crazy.

The trail guide hat that dissapeared from the site. I missed out.

Edit: back in stock, copped.

Loving this sale and the free shipping...

I feel like there's another one with a spear head on it, but it's not the orange/white trucker. My memory may be mistaking me though.

Last edited:
Nice, Krash!

I have a few things lying around I've been intending to use for customs. I always forget to look for blank long bills.

damn thats wild for oxing that double flags, krash

That was my thought too. There are really no "throwaway" or kids pieces with the blow-up cross flags embroidery (I don't think), so the donor had to have caught a bad one to be rendered patch donor status.

Thanks pirate.

Krash, nice. I wish RL would have released the postage stamped USA and Japan Flag patches. Those are my favorite all-time.

I see you with the decepticon patches, I'm holding few a stacks of superman ones. :lol:
lol yeah I need the 10" con patch. I wish I had went crazy in rugby when they was basically giving them away...smh. I have a lot that's already applied to garments. Yo I never seen them top10's (Rick barry) in snakeskin!! Crazy!!!

damn thats wild for oxing that double flags, krash

Nice, Krash!

I have a few things lying around I've been intending to use for customs. I always forget to look for blank long bills.
That was my thought too. There are really no "throwaway" or kids pieces with the blow-up cross flags embroidery (I don't think), so the donor had to have caught a bad one to be rendered patch donor status.
it was a time when a lo patch held more weight than the garment itself. It's nothing to yap off a patch for me (love doing customs) and especially when said garment is trashed. That blow up I got from the the OG thirst (Vick lo). Had one that was so crispy but the hood (blue/white) was dry rotted like you would not believe. Funny thing is jay I'm looking for any blow up cross flag in a L/XL but not willing to pay what dudes are asking,just not worth it. Bipp the blow up's (uni,scribbs,flags,Sui,)all came in womans and kids. A lot of times the only difference was the tag. Fyi a few pony hats that flew under the radar that was made with old school construction. Real leather strap and some fly colors.

Ahh. Gotcha.

You know the 80s stuff isn't my lane either, so I'm always learning on that tip.

I've seen women's pieces, but don't recall seeing kids blow-up cross flags items. Though, I can't say I look for them.

I would certainly think that during the lull between the Lo-Life era and the resurrgence of Lo by the VGA crowd* that certain patches held weight beyond the garments themselves.

A lot of people forget that there were very few lines where the whole line - or even almost the whole line - was heavily sough-after in real-time. A dope patch on a weak item would basically render the item itself as nothing but the vessel that carries the patch. And, when lots of things were being obtained by theft, as opposed to being purchased for high sums on eBay, sacrificing a weak item for a patch wouldn't have been a big deal.

Even something like the Stadium line - there were plenty of pieces that weren't considered hot. ...Once it became easier (for better or worse) to collect, people were able to compile huge, near-complete collections of things. So, once you have all the "hot" items, it becomes like, "what do I collect next?" That's the just mentality of the hoarder completist who loves something. So, then the items that weren't originally coveted become targets because that's what's left. Then, they become coveted extended because of who is now seeking those items. Monkey see, monkey do. Before you know it, items that were "throw-ins" are fetching $300 or $400. ...I'm not even totally mad at it - it seems "normal" that it will come to work this way. But, a lot of people arrive on the scene and assume that everything that is desired today was always desired. That's not the case. And, frankly, often times the items that were least coveted or cared for originally (HATS!!!) become the hardest things to acquire in the future.

But, you know all this...

*Not that these people didn't exist before the forum, but it helped put a wheel around a bunch of spokes.

@ bip . Well said. Keep in mind that a men's small was a kids Xl give or take a inch or two. When we did it we did it big,all thing fresh. That's the beauty of being trendsetters so when the catalogs pop up now on social media it's nothing. The most it might be is that I'm reminded of a pice I had in the arsenal at one point or another. Now anybody can get "fresh" but it was a time when you had to "be" fresh to get "fresh"! @jay I still ox like a champ. Lol.

Last edited:
@ bip . Well said. Keep in mind that a men's small was a kids Xl give or take a inch or two. When we did it we did it big,all thing fresh. That's the beauty of being trendsetters so when the catalogs pop up now on social media it's nothing. The most it might be is that I'm reminded of a pice I had in the arsenal at one point or another. Now anybody can get "fresh" but it was a time when you had to "be" fresh to get "fresh"! @jay I still ox like a champ. Lol.

Well said.

And, definitely a good point re: the sizing of the kids stuff. In ceratin items, a kids XL was close to a men's M. ...Unfortunately, I've eaten and drank myself out of being able to rock a white Stadium. :rolleyes
A kids XL from certain lines is probably the equivalent of an adult custom fit L nowadays.

On the paint by numbers style and the who could and who couldn't rock - you already know, brotha.

Well said.

And, definitely a good point re: the sizing of the kids stuff. In ceratin items, a kids XL was close to a men's M. ...Unfortunately, I've eaten and drank myself out of being able to rock a white Stadium. :rolleyes
A kids XL from certain lines is probably the equivalent of an adult custom fit L nowadays.

On the paint by numbers style and the who could and who couldn't rock - you already know, brotha.

lol man if I could still fit a kids anything but hats I would be good.

@ bipp @jay
1 White circle ski (japan version and it was a roomie xl)
2 holiday 011 brushed fleece shawls .... Ox away!!!
Coat was un savable (dry rot is not your friend)
FYI I see a lot of custys trying to be pass off as bnwt garments(?) on the bay!! not kool,let the people know what they are getting. I never had a prob with say what's a custy,sample or otherwise ....then again I'm not trying to jerk anybody

Oh ps @pirate stop showing off brother. Lol.

lol those rl2000 rubber patches used to get oxed with the quickness and get passed on to something else. had me all confused back in the day until my homie broke it down that certain pieces were custy's. had me like weebay

krash i remember that shawl custom breakdown. great concept.

it's unfortunate that it would cost at least $700 for you to get back a double flags piece. times have changed.

it is quite wrong for seller's to pass off customs as originals or not even mention that they are customs. what's more wrong are these new jack fake lo-heads that buy them thinking they are getting "real lo" just because they can flex their credit cards or throw some cash around. i guess some suckers just need to be taken. none of my business though, word to kermit.

charge it to the game.

^ Seconding that. Double flags...crazy.
I feel like there's another one with a spear head on it, but it's not the orange/white trucker. My memory may be mistaking me though.

Not sure, don't remember seeing that one...

So my hat shows up today, supposed to be the trail baseball cap, but they sent me the corny orange trucker hat with the deer patch. I called RL and they talkin bout they're gonna have to call me tomorrow after they check the warehouse.

Lame.

Last edited:
B
Not sure, don't remember seeing that one...

So my hat shows up today, supposed to be the trail baseball cap, but they sent me the corny orange trucker hat with the deer patch. I called RL and they talkin bout they're gonna have to call me tomorrow after they check the warehouse.

Lame.
. ugh me too you must be the other customer who called! Wife opened it and when I got home she was like "odd choice in hats" [emoji]128514[/emoji] Im still seeing it on the site so hopefully it is in stock. No way Im keeping this joint
. there was a Canyon cap w an arrow head same/similar color as the embroidered coral red Polo that I remember seeing earlier this year.

Last edited:
Man, they need to get it together and send me the hat I ordered...

I'm thinking about raising a little hell so they just be like F-it, keep the hat for my trouble so I can take that deer patch off.

I'm thinking about raising a little hell so they just be like F-it, keep the hat for my trouble so I can take that deer patch off.
SMH,My shipping confirmation is showing that orange hat instead of Indian head hat I ordered. I'm raising hell for sure! 

let me know, I was thinking the same exact thing. The patch is dope, just cant rock the look of that hat lol

Back
Top Bottom