**The Official Ralph Lauren Polo Thread**

so .......any you guys' local flagships got the Shetland I'm searchin for?

xl?

I'm curious to know if the hats didn't say RL, Snow Beach, 67, ect. Would you still pay $150 for them. All else being the same as far as design, just change the terminology to something unique to the designer. I feel like I asked this before.

So why haven't they just made a Snow Beach pullover yet ?
Ralph's son is plugged in, so I would bet it all on a Snowbeach style pullover being released. The only questions are when and how close to the original will it be. We've gone from one limited bring it back bear sweater to four different bear sweaters in just two seasons. And no one has had a problem finding this years sweaters because they've produced a ton. Oh, and let's not forget that graphic shirts are back. Some of the 2015 Spring Collection that Frank posted in IG borrows heavily from past collections. RL is about maximizing profits, everything will be redone in some form eventually.

So why haven't they just made a Snow Beach pullover yet ?

are u asking about the rohe project? they make only hats.

can they make a snow beach pullover? anything is possible.

if they made a snow beach pullover, that would be a blatant knockoff.

if you are asking about RL making a snow beach pullover, i don't know. they can obviously retro stuff, like the bear sweaters.

All of this is true for the target demographic, which I'm not a part of. But with most of the target demographic being such purists when it comes to RL, I'm shocked that the same group of customers who support these hats are the same people that look down on USPA and other brands that make products that are made to resemble RL merchandise.

At the end of the day, they say Ralph and it ain't Ralph. Knockoff, replica, homage, it's all in ones perspective and I definitely get where you're coming from.

You **** on those snow beach knockoffs a few pages back, as you should have, but I don't really see the difference, in theory, anyways. Execution is a entirely separate issue.

Let us look at one of these companies that produced blatant knockoffs. Take a look at their whole catalog http://www.highstreetnyc.com/ and then you have these two knockoff pieces that they produced

now their whole line is looking like some kind balmain wannabe / john elliott hoody / trendy jogger pants etc. knockoffs but they made two snow beach PRL knockoffs for whatever reason. im sure there are people who want the original polo snow beach but those will cost you at least $1500-$2500 for the pull over and at least $1200 - $1500 for the snow beach hoody.

so to reiterate, the rohe project's INTENT is to create hats to MATCH polo pieces. so yes, they blatantly used and copied iconic prl logos and symbols to MATCH polo lines that many RL vintage enthusiasts collect. again, they are filling the void of what PRL "should've and could've" done in regards to hats. they are not selling to me or anyone else saying that these are official polo rl hats. I know the saying "it ain't ralph tho" but i am 100% comfortable with wearing these hats to match with all of the original polo rl items they were created for.

The high street joints are hideous.
sick.gif
And although any company that uses the Snow Beach design is doing it to cash in I see no homage being paid unlike Rohe who seems to actually know & care about what they are doing.

I seriously hate those High Street pieces they very flea marketish. But like what was mentioned before everybody bites something....even Ralph.

Everybody should do what suites them . If you like something rock it if you don't pass on it. It's all preference.

Just look at the Hender Scheme ish...

I think they are wack but there is a whole other demographic that loves them and says the quality is 10x better than actual Jordans(which they most likely are now a days) but  it is what it is.
eyes.gif
All you can do is do you.
wink.gif

Last edited:
I'm curious to know if the hats didn't say RL, Snow Beach, 67, ect. Would you still pay $150 for them. All else being the same as far as design, just change the terminology to something unique to the designer. I feel like I asked this before.

Actually, another brand does this already. They knock off vintage prl designs and logos and use and insert their brand name instead.

i have not bought any of their products but have considered a few that stood out to me in regards to vintage designs that are insanely hard to obtain the original prl item.

Let us look at one of these companies that produced blatant knockoffs. Take a look at their whole catalog http://www.highstreetnyc.com/ and then you have these two knockoff pieces that they produced

now their whole line is looking like some kind balmain wannabe / john elliott hoody / trendy jogger pants etc. knockoffs but they made two snow beach PRL knockoffs for whatever reason. im sure there are people who want the original polo snow beach but those will cost you at least $1500-$2500 for the pull over and at least $1200 - $1500 for the snow beach hoody.

so to reiterate, the rohe project's INTENT is to create hats to MATCH polo pieces. so yes, they blatantly used and copied iconic prl logos and symbols to MATCH polo lines that many RL vintage enthusiasts collect. again, they are filling the void of what PRL "should've and could've" done in regards to hats. they are not selling to me or anyone else saying that these are official polo rl hats. I know the saying "it ain't ralph tho" but i am 100% comfortable with wearing these hats to match with all of the original polo rl items they were created for.
About the High Street joints - I followed these from the beginning and they were working with Raekwon on these throughout the process and they were originally supposed to have a Wutang/Raekwon patch on the arm as well. For whatever reason Raekwon took his name off last minute. 

If yall are saying the rohe joints are any more legit because heads with good intentions are behind the designs, I'd counter that Raekwon is an equally qualified head. Unsure of why he ultimately left the project, but I'd imagine it's probably because of conflicts with apparel deals through the clan.

Now if were talking quality of the high streets vs. the rohe stuff, that's another story. 

that's the best shot I can find anymore:

Last edited:
Anyone recently work a stockroom/inventory job at a polo factory store or know what that job entails that can send me a message and fill me in.

Thanks

Anyone recently work a stockroom/inventory job at a polo factory store or know what that job entails that can send me a message and fill me in.

Thanks

yea you unbox clothes and process them. and you help the sales team during business hours locate sizes and fill the floor of depleted inventory to ensure a full sales floor.

About the High Street joints - I followed these from the beginning and they were working with Raekwon on these throughout the process and they were originally supposed to have a Wutang/Raekwon patch on the arm as well. For whatever reason Raekwon took his name off last minute. 

If yall are saying the rohe joints are any more legit because heads with good intentions are behind the designs, I'd counter that Raekwon is an equally qualified head. Unsure of why he ultimately left the project, but I'd imagine it's probably because of conflicts with apparel deals through the clan.

Now if were talking quality of the high streets vs. the rohe stuff, that's another story. 

How is Raekwon equally qualified? Because he wore a Polo Ralph Lauren jacket in a rap video?

Is a wu-tang patch supposed to give the highstreet pullover more credibility?

Obviously he's not as qualified as you guys or thousands of others. But he's been rocking it for over a quarter century and consistently mentioned it in a ton of his verses over the same period.

And of course the pullover/video is important because of how influential it was - although this could be seen as a negative if exclusivity is what the culture should aspire to.

Raekwon and Just Blaze on the combat jack show:
Listen from 1:38:15 if you're interested. And especially from 1:40:30.
https://m.soundcloud.com/loudspeakersnetwork/combat-jack-show-011713

Outlet update (Los Angeles):

Just left Ontario Mills Friday.

1) Extra 30% off clearance

2) Spring 2015 product is beginning to roll in as they phase out Holiday product. 

3) RLX is marked down 40-50%.

4) Camarillo sold the Cookie Ranger boots. I was able to get them for $48 with markdowns + the 50% coupon we ate good from a few weeks ago. I don't know if they are sold out now.

Hey, Jay rocks customs. do you work for the roach project? im not gonna lie there custom polos are dope but they are charging way too much for  cap they copied from 3rd printer.

Obviously he's not as qualified as you guys or thousands of others. But he's been rocking it for over a quarter century and consistently mentioned it in a ton of his verses over the same period.

And of course the pullover/video is important because of how influential it was - although this could be seen as a negative if exclusivity is what the culture should aspire to.

Raekwon and Just Blaze on the combat jack show:
Listen from 1:38:15 if you're interested. And especially from 1:40:30.
https://m.soundcloud.com/loudspeakersnetwork/combat-jack-show-011713

wait, so you really believe Raekwon has been rocking that Snow Beach from the video over a quarter century? lol.

Just Blaze came up to that show and brought his own that Rae signed for him.

Please don't come back and post Rae's pics from the Tom Gould photoshoot. The people who organized the shoot, got a Snow Beach from someone in their circle for Rae to wear for the pictures.

There is no need to mention how influential that jacket that Rae wore is. It is currently on hypebeast status in regards to vintage polo. And as far as exclusivity, it's a PRL jacket that's nearly 20 yrs old.

Back
Top Bottom