**The Official Ralph Lauren Polo Thread**

The pics on the RL site are always terrible. I prefer how it looks in @SneakerPimp2k8 's pics.

A few years back we saw Big Ponies, now RL is introducing "Medium Ponies" on some of their polo shirts. Not my taste, but I can see lots of younger buyers liking these.

^^^ I got a few of those big Pony Polos in my closet with the tag on em' I bought them years ago. When I got them I was like that big Polo does it for me, so fast forward a couple months afterwards, I'm like "the big Polos" are too flashy for me. Might give them to my son.

I used to hate the big pony but now I love them to death.

Idk about the mediums just yet but they released some of them with a sexy as$ colorway.

Might just buy a few and test them out.

Last edited:
Macy's has a bunch of new Yacht Club polo's with the big ponies! LOL Big ponies are not my favorites but they don't bother me much either.

Aren't the big ponies one of RL's top selling items?  Makes sense why they would keep pumping out different variations. 

@SP I share the same sentiments towards them as you.  I have the Japan down vest, it's one of the few items that I can look past the big pony for.

I feel the same way towards the Macy's bear apparel.  Almost as if the bear polos/hoodies/hats replaced the big ponies in that regard.

Like someone said the big ponys jus scream out LOOK AT MY POLO...and the ones rockin em around here have on true religion jeans down to their knees wit a "designer" belt, the classic polo cap, and some Js...

Meh. I don't think big ponies scream look at my polo anymore than a spell out or script hat or jacket. The difference is big ponies don't have the history.

i got 4 or 5 big pony joints that i'm trying to get rid off. do you guys think nt or ebay is the best option to do so?

If you don't need the bread, I'd wait until they're out of production. Then they'll be everyone's favorite item..

not everybody.

some people prefer details and subtleties as opposed to heavy branding/logo's.

that said, I have one hoody with the big logo. definitely don't like the size of it but the details are nice - the polo player is threaded cotton while the horse is made out of leather. :nerd:

Bday dinner at a steakhouse uptown last night

This jacket is nice man, NYC is defrosting so I took the lining out being its warmer outside good winter/spring jacket

If you don't need the bread, I'd wait until they're out of production. Then they'll be everyone's favorite item..

not everybody.

some people prefer details and subtleties as opposed to heavy branding/logo's.

that said, I have one hoody with the big logo. definitely don't like the size of it but the details are nice - the polo player is threaded cotton while the horse is made out of leather. :nerd:
I didn't LITERALLY mean everyone! LOL kinda how mocha IIIs are more desired now than when they were actually for sale... I'm one of the people who isn't into heavy branding.

Last edited:
that said, I have one hoody with the big logo. definitely don't like the size of it but the details are nice - the polo player is threaded cotton while the horse is made out of leather.
nerd.gif
I actually got these three polos that are like that and the details are pretty nice. Leather horse and 3 on the arm with metal buttons. Although the multi color horse was only copped cause it was a steal but its grown on me
laugh.gif

Personally im not a big fan of the horse logo period, however I do kinda like some of the big pony pieces over the normal horse. But a lot of the big pony stuff usually gets OD branding on it. Like just keep the big pony and maybe a number on the sleeve and/or back, nobody needs a big *** Ralph Lauren on the chest with a million embroideries and colors on it
mean.gif
sick.gif

Back
Top Bottom