**The Official Ralph Lauren Polo Thread**

Thanks fam. Very tempting.
nerd.gif

Idk why it hasn't hit the RL site yet, that would be cheaper for me but I figured get this now and worst case I can always return it, didn't wanna miss out.

Custom. But the Monte Carlo Grand Prix polo is a custom fit also but it fits like a classic so I hope that this is not the same case here.

RL is so inconsistent, they've gotten better but still, a good tailor makes everything work out, a few bucks from a perfect fit.

RL is so inconsistent, they've gotten better but still, a good tailor makes everything work out, a few bucks from a perfect fit.

Interesting. Are you saying that I can have my Grand Prix polo tailored to my size? I've only had pants done before.

Interesting. Are you saying that I can have my Grand Prix polo tailored to my size? I've only had pants done before.

You can get any article of clothing tailored to fit to perfection.

Assuming you have room to work with on the item.

Last edited:
This opens up a new door for me in terms of tailoring. Thanks for everyone's input. Really.

Anyone know where I can find a crested blazer like this one?

Idk your size but I did a quick eBay search "RALPH LAUREN CRESTED BLAZER" and a handful popped up, good luck on your search!

^ I agree with Kush, ebay is you best source for a Polo crested blazer.

I don't know your style, buy I'd hold out for one of the older blazers since the quality and detailing was much better.

Here's an old old pic of one of mine made in Italy; brushed cotton, gold buttons, and 3 tone banding througout.

Ronaldcinho nah fam its regular RL. I would say it's an outlet only piece but I can't tell the difference nowadays.

Kush: Thanks man it was 72 & some change after a coupon

Dope blazer Supermanblue79. I found a 38/40 on eBay but not a neutral navy color that I'm looking for.

Serious question: Will anyone currently collecting RL continue to collect after Ralph passes away?

I ask bc the pieces are (were?) largely intertwined with his life: experiences, passions, family, etc. and manifested by a top-notch team to execute it. Part of why people buy into the story of Ralph is bc of the man himself. I always read that he oversees every piece that is released and is still largely involved in the designs so idk how I'll feel about it once Ralph is no longer with RALPH.

Nikehead, Youngblink, Smokedog- great pickups

SuperproducerJ, no I could not wear shoes with the wasteband from my drillers waving :lol:

How did I miss this? Nice, very very nice! I noticed that RL is staying away from the red white blue color blocking with the 2nd gen polo sport collection.

Might've been posted already but this was about the only good thing at my local outlet today

2wdxbaf.jpg
Nice pick up. Did the outlets get the knit version too?

^ Latest pick-ups...
The RRL helney is great. I hope they stay in stock for another discount.

SP and est1989 thanks. Glad you found the blazer that you wanted.

To answer your question, I feel like RL hasn't been Ralph for the last two years with the label switch, and new company head Stefan Larsson (formally Old Navy and H&M). I have and will still continue to buy RL, even after his sons become the face of the brand. I've always been very selective in what I consider the design, materials quailty, construction qaility, etc. when I buy. And even though quality is on the decline, I still find 1 or 2 items each year from RL that make me happy. I'm sure that the brand will be able to do this for many years. I always pick up high quality older items when I come across them.l to fill the gaps.

Last edited:
thanks SMB.

and good catch, my eyes bugged for a sec at that hoody pic... the original at retail stores was a knit version of that, interesting that they made a cheaper alternative for the outlets.

thanks SMB.

and good catch, my eyes bugged for a sec at that hoody pic... the original at retail stores was a knit version of that, interesting that they made a cheaper alternative for the outlets.

That fleece serape hoody was the macys version, the knit was the rl version. They werent exclusive but they were definitely in stores last year at the same time. Not an outlet version although it felt like it lol.

Back
Top Bottom