**The Official Ralph Lauren Polo Thread**

That's that bs I'd rather not hear about regarding RL. I mean sell it to a customer at discount, a phone order, or clothing the homeless its destroyed wtf. "you can purchase these items if you can find them, if not..." That's one of the things you just shouldn't tell people :lol: call it RTV'd and call it a day :frown:
I know it's a practice that goes on,but destroying unsold stuff is ridiculous.

I'm not even sure what to do or where to go for the stadium drop now smh all these stores are going to be mad houses

IMG_1005.JPG
I'm not heavy into Ralph . But went to the outlet today . They had 3 different bear tees I chose this one . The jacket was retail 145$ . I got both pieces for 67$ after tax 20% off and a 10$ promo they had going for tryin on some bottoms

hey all, not to dismantle the convos of all the great releases from RL. but i was recently talking to an older gentleman at my work place. he was telling me he used to buy Chaps brand from macys..he said he would buy a few pairs of Chaps pants from macys and then would buy the same pants from kohl's..he said the kohl's version of the pants would wear out faster than the Macys pants...now he said they were advertised as the same pants at both locations..but his argument was that the bargain and outlet stores carry a cheaper made version of the same clothes they sell at macys/ralph lauren stores..though it is not told to the consumer..i have heard these stories before..that the clothes at the outlets are "made for outlet" clothes..is this true? can anyone confirm..the guy i was talking to also said that the tvs they sell at walmart have cheaper parts that the same tvs they sell at higher end stores..same serial number and everything..i find it hard to believe because these companies could have some real problems on their hands..but i have quite a few outlet items and it would really suck if this is true..that they aren't just factory seconds/out of season/didn't sell - they are actually inferior goods.

hey all, not to dismantle the convos of all the great releases from RL. but i was recently talking to an older gentleman at my work place. he was telling me he used to buy Chaps brand from macys..he said he would buy a few pairs of Chaps pants from macys and then would buy the same pants from kohl's..he said the kohl's version of the pants would wear out faster than the Macys pants...now he said they were advertised as the same pants at both locations..but his argument was that the bargain and outlet stores carry a cheaper made version of the same clothes they sell at macys/ralph lauren stores..though it is not told to the consumer..i have heard these stories before..that the clothes at the outlets are "made for outlet" clothes..is this true? can anyone confirm..the guy i was talking to also said that the tvs they sell at walmart have cheaper parts that the same tvs they sell at higher end stores..same serial number and everything..i find it hard to believe because these companies could have some real problems on their hands..but i have quite a few outlet items and it would really suck if this is true..that they aren't just factory seconds/out of season/didn't sell - they are actually inferior goods.

In some instances true. Thought that was well known by now. Product numbers are never same unless excess inventory. Think about those Black Friday tvs. Close is not same. Always have to check actual item in hand.

Edit: by the way is 88 your birth year?
Not a negative on you just would explain the inexperience. Okay

"Made for outlet" is definitely a reality.

In the U.K. it has been pointed out time and again that places like T.K. Maxx make stuff primarily to sell in outlets.

The original RRPs on the tags are even made up!

niketock88 niketock88 Its true, in most cases. There are some collections that RL manufactured specifically for the Polo factory outlet stores that are lower quality than the identical department store collections.

The same goes for most of the televisions and mattresses sold out at the buy in bulk membership stores like Costco and Sam's Club.

Less than half of the collection has been posted on here. Its gonna be tough tracking everything down. That plate jacket looked pretty cheaply made to me. Hopefully they do a nice lined jacket with a plate.

Wait so you are telling me that Ralph is pretty much bringing the entire stadium collection back out?! So far we have seen the 92 plate polo, the navy wing jacket, the red wing sweatshirt, the white wing rugby, the patchwork rugby, the plate jacket, and the hats. What else does Ralph has up his sleeve? The plate parka? The Rasta plate tank? The cartoon button up? The plate shorts?!

WHAT IS RALPH UP TO ?!!!? Lol

Wait so you are telling me that Ralph is pretty much bringing the entire stadium collection back out?! So far we have seen the 92 plate polo, the navy wing jacket, the red wing sweatshirt, the white wing rugby, the patchwork rugby, the plate jacket, and the hats. What else does Ralph has up his sleeve? The plate parka? The Rasta plate tank? The cartoon button up? The plate shorts?!

WHAT IS RALPH UP TO ?!!!? Lol

Hurdles...in some form of button up as well as the jacket. Also heard Summer 92 hat

Man i just want the pwing crewneck and navy hat... really hoping its as simple as walking in to the ralph store to cop em

In some instances true. Thought that was well known by now. Product numbers are never same unless excess inventory. Think about those Black Friday tvs. Close is not same. Always have to check actual item in hand.

Edit: by the way is 88 your birth year?
Not a negative on you just would explain the inexperience. Okay
My age would explain the inexperience if we were talking about hemroids or an enlarged prostate..not clothes. I think the majority are in the same boat as me

Last edited:
niketock88 niketock88 Its true, in most cases. There are some collections that RL manufactured specifically for the Polo factory outlet stores that are lower quality than the identical department store collections.

The same goes for most of the televisions and mattresses sold out at the buy in bulk membership stores like Costco and Sam's Club.
I know that outlets receive clothing from flagship stores that are out of season or just haven't sold. But how do you pick apart these types of clothes from the cheaply made mock ups. So you would physically have to have both garments in hand to see for yourself? Also as far as the TVs and other electronic appliances go; that tv that walmart is selling on black friday, claiming its the same one from the sony store even though the TV from Walmart is made with cheaper parts, with the two TVs have different serial numbers even though they are advertising same model how would you be able to tell that a well-made Sony didn't just sneak into Walmart? I can't see Walmarts TV having the same serial number

Back
Top Bottom