**The Official Ralph Lauren Polo Thread**

I'm curious to know if its classic fit or vintage slim
I think its a classic fit since the description posted on Rugby doesn't specify it being a vintage slim as some of the other rugby's. I ordered my normal Large since I figured it being a classic fit.

This blazer has become a holiday tradition for me...My set up for Turkey Day,
RL Purple Label Patchwork Wool Blazer with Suede Elbow Patches
RL Purple Label Plaid Oxford Shirt
RL Polo Silk Hound Flag
RL Purple Label Riding Trousers with Seude Accents and
RL Military Dual Buckle Boots

Have a great Thanksgiving Holiday NTRL
Not trying to hate at all, but this looks like a runway outfit as opposed to something that can be worn in the "real" world. Its just too much IMO. Pics of how it actually looks on you?

Does anyone know why it wont add the 30% or 50% to the items after I add them to my cart and try to check out? and also the student code wont work for me:frown:

Not trying to hate at all, but this looks like a runway outfit as opposed to something that can be worn in the "real" world. Its just too much IMO. Pics of how it actually looks on you?
Much appreciated Swerve. Your right, this is too much for most people, but remember that everyone's "real world" is different. I wouldn't expect anyone to be dressed like I am unless they are over 30, and frequent places/events were this is seen. It's easier for me to take the picture of the set-up right after I have decided what I wearing. On me, it looks the same expect the pants are tucked inside of the boots.

Lucky dropped in. Welcome back.

Last edited:
The rugby chief varsity was vaporized this am. That 50%(sale items only) is no joke. Still copped a few tees n a belt. $40 :pimp:

Last edited:
Make sure to use the student discount on rugby! It comes out cheaper than just the sale alone. STUD13821

Last edited:
Made annual Black Friday trip to Dillard's this morning. 50% off already reduced merchandise. Reasonable selection of pullovers, long sleeves, and solid colored mesh polos. Heard other customers mention additional savings from newspaper coupons, of which I had not obtained.

Definitely digging that set up Superman. Not something I think I could pull off, but that's what you have to appreciate about RL. Everyone does their own thing with it.

(Lurk mode off) I have a love hate relationship with Rugby. I love their designs, but hate that fact they don't make tall sizes. Ralph shows my long *** a lot of love and wish Rugby would give some occasional affection! LOL The sales on Rugby site now are sick. Props to alot of you guys collections.. (Lurk mode on)

(Lurk mode off) I have a love hate relationship with Rugby. I love their designs, but hate that fact they don't make tall sizes. Ralph shows my long *** a lot of love and wish Rugby would give some occasional affection! LOL The sales on Rugby site now are sick. Props to alot of you guys collections.. (Lurk mode on)

Your sentiments will be shared by an enormous audience as come February 2nd, 2013 Rugby will be a Relic of time past. All doors will be closed and Rugby will be retired at full retail with no Spring 2013 Line. Fall 2012 is the end for Rugby.

Superman, dope fit! Runway Status, love it.

Just copped 4 polos/rugbys got the additional 50 on all of em plus that student code :pimp:

good looks everyone

Was able to swoop the olive Ralph Lauren Moto rugby for $49 - 50% off the sale items at Dillards is a real good look.

they had one left in each size at my spot.

Your sentiments will be shared by an enormous audience as come February 2nd, 2013 Rugby will be a Relic of time past. All doors will be closed and Rugby will be retired at full retail with no Spring 2013 Line. Fall 2012 is the end for Rugby.
so its confirmed that Spring 2013 is a no-go? 

i wonder whats going to happen come January... are they going to liquidate everything at 50% off, possibly more? or just move everything to the outlets?

so its confirmed that Spring 2013 is a no-go? 
i wonder whats going to happen come January... are they going to liquidate everything at 50% off, possibly more? or just move everything to the outlets?

not sure, with no new shipments the current 30% off entire site may continue all the way through to the end. Possibly it will go away for a short time only to return at Xmas, then run out to the end. I can't see RL doing the typical 30 / 50 / 70 blowouts that many other waning retailers execute when liquidating. The remainder of inventory will likely be divided between the outlets and TJX.

Thanks Kickz. Seeing first hand what happened to Polo Jeans Co., Chaps, and Polo Sport, I never purchased Rugby since I figured that it wouldn't be around for long. It was a good line and served it's purpose which was to turn college students into brand loyal RL costumers. And it has definitely done that as these customers progress in their careers and shift their focus towards Polo, Black Label, Purple Label, and RRL.

I picked up this rugby from Marshalls. My Marshalls is full of a bunch of nice RLX, Rugby and Polo pieces. I also picked up the black & white rugby off the rugby site with the student discount. Sad to see the rugby line go still want a few more pieces off the site.

Also saw this but didnt pull the trigger

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom