**The Official Ralph Lauren Polo Thread**

just added to the collection and i said i would post a picture when i got it

yes , i got it from longhorn for $1,565 and when it comes i will post pics, i just won the bid on the 92 ski today which is this one http://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-VTG-19...D+3xv/KRXJ6nOp5qlGmuIvM=&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc so just under $500. my next investment might be the suicide jacket

im still adding a lot more im just waiting for it to get here. Im still looking to add some p wing and im also lookin for the 5 horsemen in blue and the rugby cricket shawl cardigan that i post recently if i can ever find it

just added to the collection and i said i would post a picture when i got it
yea this L fits me like an XL, but ill post measurements for u

just curious, but what is your motivation now for buying vintage polo? when i asked about what else you were holding in your collection since you just spent $2050 for two jackets i was hoping to see more vintage polo in your collection to justify your overt spending, unfortunately, that is not the case. your collection revealed 3 rugby items from the recent sale and a polo rugby from about 7 years ago.

how do you see these as "investments"? these are expenses. you just spend $1565 on a pullover that says snow beach and is oversized. that is the most overly hyped/priced polo item there is. it is not made of silk or cashmere. there are no special materials or treatment that makes it weatherproof. it is 100% nylon outer and 100% polyester inner.

anyhow, good luck to you and your search for polo.

just curious, but what is your motivation now for buying vintage polo? when i asked about what else you were holding in your collection since you just spent $2050 for two jackets i was hoping to see more vintage polo in your collection to justify your overt spending, unfortunately, that is not the case. your collection revealed 3 rugby items from the recent sale and a polo rugby from about 7 years ago.
how do you see these as "investments"? these are expenses. you just spend $1565 on a pullover that says snow beach and is oversized. that is the most overly hyped/priced polo item there is. it is not made of silk or cashmere. there are no special materials or treatment that makes it weatherproof. it is 100% nylon outer and 100% polyester inner.
anyhow, good luck to you and your search for polo.
my motivation is knowing that i can own something rare and hard to find items that i know a lot of my friends would love to have. It's not about the money because $2050 is nothing. I just like collecting vintage and rare things and i just recently got into collecting so it's basically i see it , i like it and i buy it type of thing. I dont know how old u guys are but i was only 5 when these things were released. So since i wasn't able to then , im doing it now.

my motivation is knowing that i can own something rare and hard to find items that i know a lot of my friends would love to have. It's not about the money because $2050 is nothing. I just like collecting vintage and rare things and i just recently got into collecting so it's basically i see it , i like it and i buy it type of thing. I dont know how old u guys are but i was only 5 when these things were released. So since i wasn't able to then , im doing it now.

I'm almost 61 years old and I couldn't eem fathom spending that much for that dusty jacket. Do you though. At least you enjoy it.

Last edited:
How rare is something really when anyone can tap a few buttons and have something delivered to their doorstep? Its not rare when a majority of the time you can find one on ebay.

I personally don't do loud colors, I prefer my Beef n Broccoli...... and some fixins!
finally found MY size in the cord bike jacket, the leather vest was a must have (got a great deal in it), the olive cargos are from fall 08 and are amazing!... never knew they existed, the trapper cargos are SICK.. good thing I +1 sized up on the waist tho as they run slim (and apparently polo only made 1 in each size and only sold em online), found some beacon socks, the cotton vest is dope too, great deal on it, and the rest..... stocked up.

so you only buy expensive things that your friends would want to have?? it seems like you're just getting it cuz other people like it...for that price you could've gotten a piece that would last you longer and actually serve a purpose in the cold weather..

I personally don't do loud colors, I prefer my Beef n Broccoli...... and some fixins!
finally found MY size in the cord bike jacket, the leather vest was a must have (got a great deal in it), the olive cargos are from fall 08 and are amazing!... never knew they existed, the trapper cargos are SICK.. good thing I +1 sized up on the waist tho as they run slim (and apparently polo only made 1 in each size and only sold em online), found some beacon socks, the cotton vest is dope too, great deal on it, and the rest..... stocked up.
Very fine choices Kickz. I see that you made up for the trip to NY where the guy had the leather vest folded in a bag. LOL. The version that you have there is amazing; lots of details. You'll be able to put your PL version on ice for a while. I eyed those trappers, but they were so similar to the 08' waxed RRL canvas pairs that I passed. The quality on those is so nice, I mean really nice. You'll be surprised at what a head turner that corded biker jacket will be. I have problems every time I wear it with people make me offers on it.
Speaking of beet n' broccoli- isn't it wild how the majority of the items that you are drawn to are Green/Olive?

I also have those Brown trapper Cargo. By far my favorite cargo I own and i have quite a few RRl joints too. I think they made a good amount of those cargos because there was a little boutique in a mall by my crib that had those exact same cargos in quite a few SZ, but they were all 32 length.

nice pickups, i've seen that vest in person and like SMB said, details are crazy.

Last edited:
How rare is something really when anyone can tap a few buttons and have something delivered to their doorstep? Its not rare when a majority of the time you can find one on ebay.
im saying rare cuz u wouldn't see many ppl walking around on the street with one of unless u probably go to one of the polo gatherings. im pretty sure where i live , i'm never goin to see anyone around here with one so i would call it rare

why must we criticize the man for the reason he bought a snow beach? imo one of the most overrated & over hype piece of rl clothing, if raekwon never wore it we probably wouldn't have this discussion. let the man do him, im sure no one is going to lose sleep because he dropped $1500 +, lets keep the negativity to a minimum and get back to these pickups & sales.

why must we criticize the man for the reason he bought a snow beach? imo one of the most overrated & over hype piece of rl clothing, if raekwon never wore it we probably wouldn't have this discussion. let the man do him, im sure no one is going to lose sleep because he dropped $1500 +, lets keep the negativity to a minimum and get back to these pickups & sales.

i agree...don't ya'll have anything better to do?

I'm new to this whole 'Polo' thing, too, but I have a really dumb question about the manufacturing I was hoping someone could answer...i'm almost even embarrassed to ask it b/c i literally know nothing about it.

I have a few pairs of old RL Cargo shorts (camo, army green, khaki, etc.) and the material made to use them is extremely soft, comfortable and even a bit beat up (seemingly well worn although even the newer items feel the same). It also says something about it on some of the labels being 'authentic army surplus' material...does anyone know if this is true? And if so, in what capacity?

I mean, the picture I get of that is...hundreds of used army pants/jackets being sold in lumps to RL materials buyers, who then have them re-purposed into unique new clothes. is this a stretch? Or is it more like...hundreds of unused army pants/jackets/materials (not clothes) being sold to RL materials buyers etc etc etc. Or does RL have those materials produced themselves and just slap the 'authentic army surplus' sticker on them? Any one have any idea?

^Lol, guess I never even gave it much thought although I am pretty certain the term "authentic military surplus" is entirely marketing. Those particular lines are meant to have a military feel to them, to replicate a uniform of sorts of military personnel. Just as the Rowing, Motorcycle Club and Modern Explorer Collections are meant to replicate the "uniforms" of those various activities.

^i thought that too, but my mother is a seamstress (of sorts) and frequently makes alterations to my clothes for me...she doesn't know much about RL - other than I like to wear it - but her impression based on the feel and style of the clothing, was that it WAS/IS actually authentic army surplus...she made that assumption before i ever even brought it up.

sorry to derail the thread but if anyone out there knows...school us!

im saying rare cuz u wouldn't see many ppl walking around on the street with one of unless u probably go to one of the polo gatherings. im pretty sure where i live , i'm never goin to see anyone around here with one so i would call it rare

where do you live?

Back
Top Bottom