**The Official Ralph Lauren Polo Thread**

Macy's CreditCard is all out of Wack. I had a "0" balance, but apparently some charges haven't dropped off since A WEEK AGO??!??!?!?!!

Anyways tried on the Indian Head Jacket, it left RED lint on my jeans, and I only had it on for maybe 3 minutes. IT LOOKS REALLY AWESOME THOUGH!!!

Wearing the Rugby's right now, got the Black and Red Short Sleeves.

I'm a big fan of beacon print but there are a lotta bad ones out there that were an easy pass. For the one above, this came out on blue label first and was executed wonderfully, thicker than most shirts and suede elbows to boot. Throwing the skulls onto it as a Rugby piece destroyed it IMO.

@FrankMatthews  good looks on those comparison pics  

Jay and Frank, those comparison pics speak volumes. "Same ____ different tag."

Frank, the Americana group has me charged for Fall. There's been lots of native patterns this year aready so I wouldn't be suprised if most of Americana sat until clearance. I like Litchfield a bit better so I'll start there and work my way down the list.

The winter footwear has two pair that I know I'll have to buy. This season may 've the most complete rollout to date when it comes to having something for everyone.

Thanks for the info guys. I also saw that all the Sochi stuff was made in the USA too. I was just curious because looking through some of my vintage items, I was surprised to see about half of it was made in the USA. You can feel the difference in quality with that stuff, even if its only very slight. Feels that much better wearing something from the country the company is from.

I go so far back with it I chuckle every time I read"oh is just a rehash of rugby..." Uhhhhh rugby is a rehash of polo!! Lo did not start in the 90's. Lmao. It was a time before p wings and snow beach's. This is why Ralph can't even fill a museum without the help of cats with the deep inventory or just rare pieces.

Last edited:
the bulldog jacket says 595, not over 900.

i'm surprised it's not wool / leather. especially for the fall.
I said the same thing jay. Stil might cop on the fence for now

RL is cutting corners and it's obvious that quantity is now the priority, not quality. Rugby never was discontinued. They are putting out the same designs made from the same sub-par materials, and just throwing a price on increase and blue labels on it. I can't spend my money this way.....
amen brother! Those's that don't know just don't know.

It's ridiculous at this point, they're are not even trying anymore, it's just recycled ideas from last season (left over Rugby mostly) and a lot of them haven't been improved on. This is a drought of ideas over at RL, I'd rather they just keep it simple and make interesting pieces.
Agree10000% not even trying.

Graphics.

Son, I love that golf joint...

fugging wavy!!!

Not that I disagree, but what exactly would you like to see from RL?
It really is, I'll still probably cop but wool would have made the varsity 10x better. I almost don't even want it now.
Great pics man, you have a nice rugby collection. Post more!

Nice pics, one other low level Rugby bite, is the current gothic P fleece hoodie that was already done with the R on rugby
Frank you ask the magic question, "what would we like to see from RL?" I wish they could pull a few enthusiast from this forum and let us brainstorm for a few months, bet we could come up with some really nice things for the next 5 yrs
For now they can retire the indian head graphics for at least 5 yrs ( keep the beacon, serape, Aztec prints thou)

I understand what yall saying but Ralph recycle ideas all the time and just give it a different name for example denim and supply it's just another Ralph Lauren Jeans Co with ****** quality that is in every department store. Also RLX it just another Polo Sport with ****** quality. RUGBY had something going where you can buy patches, with the patches you can customize any of you outfits even the grail from the 80's and 90's. But Ralph he like to cut corners and idea wise  he can come up with a lot more **** i have some really good concepts and ideas.

I understand what yall saying but Ralph recycle ideas all the time and just give it a different name for example denim and supply it's just another Ralph Lauren Jeans Co with ****** quality that is in every department store. Also RLX it just another Polo Sport with ****** quality. RUGBY had something going where you can buy patches, with the patches you can customize any of you outfits even the grail from the 80's and 90's. But Ralph he like to cut corners and idea wise  he can come up with a lot more **** i have some really good concepts and ideas.

RL.com is already offering custom Polo's, hoodies and now custom varsity fleece jackets and they even offer some loose patches with certain varsity jackets. There is probably no way they can do a real personal custom like the actual Rugby store did, (knock on wood) but it's obvious Rugby has been integrated into the blue label. Because Rugby really was directed toward a particular age demographic, many of the items they sold didn't appeal to me. However the ability to create your own Rubgy, jacket or sweater was the most impressive thing to me. (I was hoping to create a "his and hers" varsity jacket for me and wifey, I missed out on that)

SRS question for those who tend to wear sz small in most RL tops:

I usually wear sz small in RL custom fit wovens, medium custom fit polos, medium in slim fits wovens. Sad to say but I can definitely fit into a kids XL in the tees and polos but the technical details are off (ie Pony placement is off, button placket too high, collar too small, etc). However, I was eyeing some of the sweaters and saw the indian head sweater in navy for kids vs red in adults. Any ideas/thoughts if the sweaters for kids fit like an adult Small? Mostly worried about the sleeve lengths as the torso lengths seem to match the size small in adult in the tees and polos.

Back
Top Bottom