**The Official Ralph Lauren Polo Thread**

^ its 780 Euro which equals 858 US dollars. I'm guessing it will retail for 799
giphy.gif

Varsity is nice but $800 nice....NEGATRON.
sick.gif

Need that deep discount to $350.
happy.gif

@rock steady22 I feel you why would it be $799 if the conversion is $858.
roll.gif
Most of the time prices aren't adjusted for exchange rates. If it's £100 over there then chances are it's $100 over here. The UK kinda gets the short end of the stick on that one,unless they buy from a US retailer that ships overseas then it benefits them more.

Last edited:
Fall collection just hit Macy's. Another reversible jacket is featured. Red one on side with a leaping tiger (?) on the back and the front has a white P Wing on the left side. The other side is black with a brown leather patch on the left side. I forgot to take pics of that side because I didn't realize it was reversible until I walked away and saw from another angle.

EDIT: NT isn't uploading the pics of the red side.

Last edited:
Those moto jeans look like demin socks. The avg guy is going to need a shoehorn to get into those.

Most of the time prices aren't adjusted for exchange rates. If it's £100 over there then chances are it's $100 over here. The UK kinda gets the short end of the stick on that one,unless they buy from a US retailer that ships overseas then it benefits them more.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-buy-designer-clothing-local-High-Street.html

Old acticle, but good read on Ralph Lauren UK pricing vs. US pricing

Last edited:
Those moto jeans look like demin socks. The avg guy is going to need a shoehorn to get into those.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-buy-designer-clothing-local-High-Street.html

Old acticle, but good read on Ralph Lauren UK pricing vs. US pricing
Repped for the read. I've seen a couple of articles which complain about UK pricing (not just RL) 

While I don't doubt the validity of the claims I think there may be some exaggeration in there. The bit about the 15 designer items coming up to £12,576 for the US and  £16,296 for the UK is more of a win for them than it normally is because that £12,576 is about $20k here. They're £4,000 under what one would expect it to cost. Not only that but the things that people like over her are different from over there so what goes on sale and what doesn't is reflected accordingly. 

I can see the 26% presented in this article  and it goes into why it might be that way at the end, all of which would definitely seem to hold up when taken together (other than the plug thing
laugh.gif
). 

Last edited:
That math may need some work, they are definitely getting screwed over there. Prime example is that new varsity. $858 for them as opposed to $695 in the USA. I'm getting more and more UK buyers these days, it makes sense for them to purchase in dollars rather than gbp or euro even at full retail.

Went to the jersey gardens today and they only really had a bunch of short polo shirts in vibrant colors (lime green, pink, yellow, purple and maybe some others) none that were nice. However I did get a pair of denim and supply slim fit jeans for $15 after the coupon. The whole store is 50% off. Original price was $89 of them was $89. Steal of the day

If you are going to use the coupon bring up the link for it posted a couple pages back. One guy there have me a hard time about using it until I pulled that link up. Hope it helps

Last edited:

Never knew that, thanks for the knowledge. That is a loss for the UK crew but they do get some occasional exclusives I ain't mad at.

On another note stumbled on this....

https://instagram.com/uspalife/

roll.gif

Went to the outlet last week and not knly did they NOT have a polo store, they had a USPA store. At the outlets!!

Repped for the read. I've seen a couple of articles which complain about UK pricing (not just RL) 

While I don't doubt the validity of the claims I think there may be some exaggeration in there. The bit about the 15 designer items coming up to £12,576 for the US and  £16,296 for the UK is more of a win for them than it normally is because that £12,576 is about $20k here. They're £4,000 under what one would expect it to cost. Not only that but the things that people like over her are different from over there so what goes on sale and what doesn't is reflected accordingly. 

I can see the 26% presented in this article and it goes into why it might be that way at the end, all of which would definitely seem to hold up when taken together (other than the plug thing :lol: ). 
Good read. Looks like UK is getting stuck with the high prices across retail,.

That math may need some work, they are definitely getting screwed over there. Prime example is that new varsity. $858 for them as opposed to $695 in the USA. I'm getting more and more UK buyers these days, it makes sense for them to purchase in dollars rather than gbp or euro even at full retail.
I'd be doing the same if I lived overseas.

Anyone notice the dropoff in the use of premium materials this season? Black Label and Purple Label have lots of clothing where only the front half is leather. Some of the items look good, but I expect much more from RL's lux brands at those prices.

Last edited:
That coupon brah! I think my wardrobe has doubled since the 1st one was posted last year

Last edited:
:nerd:If you can combine that with the 50% off one item that is one hefty discount. I just might try to go for the most expensive item at my local FS just because. :nerd:

Back
Top Bottom