**The Official Ralph Lauren Polo Thread**

pPOLO2-26489740_alternate1_t940.jpg
pPOLO2-26489740_alternate4_t940.jpg
pPOLO2-26489740_alternate3_t940.jpg

full

Thats the same dam bomber! I seen they putting items back up from prior years at full retail. I got that for 3 something on clearance. And is it just me or are they using the leftover D&S materials on some of these new items?

Thats the same dam bomber! I seen they putting items back up from prior years at full retail. I got that for 3 something on clearance. And is it just me or are they using the leftover D&S materials on some of these new items?

I had a feeling they were and you just confirmed it. At the same time they did say they are just making the D&S stuff merged into Ralph Lauren so D&S is not separate anymore.

Saw that camo cardigan on the RL site and was like damn I gotta get back in the Lo thread. Gonna be waiting on some Dre discounts but I'm definitely getting that and my first bear sweater this winter.

All true. First they took the unsold high end size S and M men's items, retagged them as women's items, and sold them as part of the women's purple label collection size L and XL. Notice there are full inventories of the buffalo, fair isle, and deer socks that were on clearance last year but now full price. And not one of the $8500-$10,000 purple label shearling coats went on sale. And we all know that only Just Blaze and a few others purchased one of these coats, and the rest of them are still sitting in the warehouse until Ralph puts them back up at full price. Also, the $100 colorblocked tees, although nice, are just a bunch of the Polo Phys. Ed clearance tees sewn together. Ralph isn't leaving any money on the table this season.

And new items are disappearing fast. I don't know if they are controlling inventory to create demand, or if the items are really selling.

Last edited:
All true. First they took the unsold high end size S and M men's items, retagged them as women's items, and sold them as part of the women's purple label collection size L and XL. Notice there are full inventories of the buffalo, fair isle, and deer socks that were on clearance last year but now full price. And not one of the $8500-$10,000 purple label shearling coats went on sale. And we all know that only Just Blaze and a few others purchased one of these coats, and the rest of them are still sitting in the warehouse until Ralph puts them back up at full price. Also, the $100 colorblocked tees, although nice, are just a bunch of the Polo Phys. Ed clearance tees sewn together. Ralph isn't leaving any money on the table this season.

And new items are disappearing fast. I don't know if they are controlling inventory to create demand, or if the items are really selling.

Yea I'm going to say they are controlling the inventory. They came to play this season without a doubt have a cash on deck at all times

Interesting. Didn't know this had come out a few years ago.

Whats your experience with Polo Shoes? They're going for cheap right now, is that because they are made poorly?

You can probably find those or a similar pair at Marshalls/TJ Maxx/Ross for even less. Honestly, I don't think those are worth it. I bought a similar pair and after a few months, the footbed deteriorated.

Back
Top Bottom