**The Official Ralph Lauren Polo Thread**

I have worn this belt maybe 10 times since I bought it a month or 2 ago. And the lettering is peeling off. :angry:
5EA5643A-6580-4BB7-B497-EFB7EDAF7CEE.jpeg
Sheesh! That’s disappointing.

Facts, and I hate seeing people, especially my NT favs be victims of the RL Fast-Fashion era products. This is why I'm always searching out those items from past seasons and current seasons that I feel meet the RL standard that was set a generation ago. I expect earth fabrics like cotton and wool, genuine animal hides, down feathers, fasteners made of brass, animal horns, wood, and metal, etc. There was no Purple Label. All of this was offered under the Polo brand a 1/4 of today's MSRP.

Even though this results in me finding great items, it's still sad to see the level of quality that the brand is pushing out to be consumed. Buyers are too caught up in the excitement and the way the items look to realize that the are buying rebranded H&M.

you must be referring to the privately held rl company from the 90s as of few years ago its now a publicly traded marketing company price and quality tied directly to salaries ad campaigns etc its nike and the gap now but man they got some gems from the 90s that no one can touch best there ever was thank the lawd we got something back for now I've said it before ill say it again buy as much as possible now because 10 years from now you going to be crying you passed trust me you can thank me then

That makes no sense.i see things like this frequently but for some reason very few post or mention it.cracked letters,fading images after one wash, cheap materials...I can go on .its crazy how much lazy to no craftsmanship is applied too pretty much all the releases from the last few years.rl set a bar not just for itself but all these “fashion” house and they don’t meet the mark. FYI to anyone just cause it’s from Italy or anyplace else don’t make it better. Most of those “fad” lines was corny as **** before anyone even knew about the.thats ****ed up about ya belt,not kool at all

Facts, and I hate seeing people, especially my NT favs be victims of the RL Fast-Fashion era products. This is why I'm always searching out those items from past seasons and current seasons that I feel meet the RL standard that was set a generation ago. I expect earth fabrics like cotton and wool, genuine animal hides, down feathers, fasteners made of brass, animal horns, wood, and metal, etc. There was no Purple Label. All of this was offered under the Polo brand a 1/4 of today's MSRP.

Even though this results in me finding great items, it's still sad to see the level of quality that the brand is pushing out to be consumed. Buyers are too caught up in the excitement and the way the items look to realize that the are buying rebranded H&M.

I keep doing it to myself.:smh: The fact that there are pieces from 30 years ago still being worn and in good shape yet a 2019 item breaks down in the same year says it all.:rolleyes
I’ve known this but I still fall for it.

you're using it wrong b pick a pair of jeans and leave the belt In that's it you need another belt on a different pair cop another belt

That ain’t it B. Its coming off where the buckle fastens. Even if I kept it on the same pants it was gonna peel. And let’s be honest no matter what it should last longer than 10 wears. I don’t care what nobody says.

I keep doing it to myself.:smh: The fact that there are pieces from 30 years ago still being worn and in good shape yet a 2019 item breaks down in the same year says it all.:rolleyes

That ain’t it B. Its coming off where the buckle fastens. Even if I kept it on the same pants it was gonna peel. And let’s be honest no matter what it should last longer than 10 wears. I don’t care what nobody says.
Once i get a item in hand i usually evaluate it to see if i feel it will last and survive washing. If the print or something seems as if it will peel, crack, or wear prematurely i usually return the item unless its a piece i really like. I dont cop too many printed items unless the print is like the bike hoodie or climb t where it looks embeded into the fabric where if you run your hand over it you cant feel it. I feel like ralph goes print crazy sometimes and some prints dont adhere to certain surfaces properly so no matter how good the quality of the print maybe it will peel in time.

Right! But we don’t know what were talking about SM. im not mad at dam near every post being wack LO but garbage garments is a no no for me personally.Heads actually go crazy over pajama sweatsuits and miss match year and line items. Polosport and polo sportsmen are two totally different lines
Cookie (1988) circle ski(1989) suicide(1990) are not ski 92. things like that are so confusing because those are a missed opportunity to build on the legacy.

Plz don't be POLO elitist, some of us started with the horse. It's our job as connoisseurs to educate not look down upon. I spent three years collecting only horse polo items, because it was hard to find classic or retro pieces in the south. I just last week explained to 32-year-old man, there's more to Polo than just the horse, he's never even heard of the polo bear let alone any of the collections. I didn't want to blow his mind with the levels from blue label to purple label, or what (chaps, rugby, DS) were. My ladies friends said polo is boring and basic( under 30 crowd), but they never seen any of the collections, or experienced the era and have no respect for the pieces we hail in high regard, if they seen any of us wearing the most sought after pieces from 30 years ago, they would just say we were wearing loud, childish, dingy clothes.

Last edited:
im little doe

just the overall jacket is big
*I yelled* :lol: :rofl:

you must be referring to the privately held rl company from the 90s as of few years ago its now a publicly traded marketing company price and quality tied directly to salaries ad campaigns etc its nike and the gap now but man they got some gems from the 90s that no one can touch best there ever was thank the lawd we got something back for now I've said it before ill say it again buy as much as possible now because 10 years from now you going to be crying you passed trust me you can thank me then
Yes, both the privately held company to the present. I have items from 2012-2019 on my wishlist of all time favorites that I still chasing. RL makes high quality, timeless items every season. My point is that RL is still capable of meeting their own benchmark of quality, but they are too lazy to do it constantly.

As most buyers do.

Once i get a item in hand i usually evaluate it to see if i feel it will last and survive washing.
if more buyers did this, RL would be forced step their level of quality up.

Right! But we don’t know what were talking about SM. im not mad at dam near every post being wack LO but garbage garments is a no no for me personally.Heads actually go crazy over pajama sweatsuits and miss match year and line items. Polosport and polo sportsmen are two totally different lines
Cookie (1988) circle ski(1989) suicide(1990) are not ski 92. things like that are so confusing because those are a missed opportunity to build on the legacy.
I agree. Sportsman / Polo Sport / Modern Explorer / Alpine / Ski / Racing mashups ruined alot of 2019 items. And it's even more frustrating since it's the first year RL reissued the original bright real Polo Sport color.

Plz don't be POLO elitist, some of us started with the horse. It's our job as connoisseurs to educate not look down upon.
This was mentioned in the thread before. Please explain "Polo elitist", and who fits the description here.

SCREEN PRINT CARE DO’S
  • Definitely wash screen-printed garments inside out. This protects the screen print from abrasions from other items sharing the washer.
  • Wash screen-printed items with those made of the same (or similar) fabrics to decrease pilling and lint transferring.
  • Use a very mild detergent or a product like Woolite™ when washing screen-printed clothing.
  • Always wash in cool water. All water temperatures below 90° Fahrenheit are safe for screen-printed garments.
  • Hand-wash the garment if possible or use the washing machine’s gentle cycle.
  • Hang the garment or lay it flat to dry.
  • Use a cool iron, if necessary, and iron the screen-printed garment inside out.
  • Iron the screen-printed garment between two pieces of cloth to protect the design.
SCREEN PRINT CARE DON’TS
  • Don’t dry clean screen-printed items. The chemicals in the dry cleaning process can cause spotting or staining.
  • Avoid bleach, especially chlorine bleach; the agents in bleach will discolor fabric threads and the dyes used in screen-printing.
  • Do not use fabric softener on screen-printed garments. Fabric softeners degrade the ink used in the screen-printing process and
  • causes cracking and/or fading of the screen-printed areas.
  • If ironing the screen-printed item, do not use steam.

43EE3F3C-F783-4202-B376-B8B01C2FB319.png
Thinking of copping this for the fall/winter season. Anyone have it and feel like the price is justified ($455 on sale)

Next time stick to leather belts SK. I have 2 dress belts that have actually aged way better than all of ny Coach belts that retail for much higher.
I feel it. Got a few belts so I’m not completely tripping but you’re right the dress belts last.

On another note I need to hit TJ Maxx...:nerd:

This shirt even without the patches been on my radar since the drop.

Screenshot_20190921-094628_Chrome.jpg
400 on a cotton hoodie nah I rather this 19 years since 2001 bear was done in red for men's because that red sit down bear is women

Nice pickup. I plan to get it later on if I can grab it if it goes on sale. I know you always take a chance on it selling out and missing out when you wait for a sale but I'll take that chance.

been wanting one of those polo leathers for the longest...I'll wait until its more discounted before copping

Back
Top Bottom