**The Official Ralph Lauren Polo Thread**

When I mentioned “polo elitist”, I’m referring to those who look down on people who wear/know only little or big horse polo, or re-retro collectors. Or people with limited collections/access/means ( I personally struck out on snow beach pullover, and settled for the CP 93 windbreakers). Collectors who judge the uninformed or misguided. When I see someone pieces together different collections, I may feel it doesn’t make sense, but that’s maybe all they have access too so ........... who are we to judge. Not everyone wants to go to The POLO Olympics in New York to stand in the middle of times Square in dingy/wrinkled 30 year old pieces trying to coordinate. Like 40% of “polo collectors” mash whatever they have together and don’t care about coordinating pieces. I see people mixing and matching different collections I feel don’t go together especially when they’re at opposite ends of the spectrum ( no coordination). But, I have also seen it work a few times. But I have seen Ralph do it on the cat walk and on his website (Example: last year he had a guy in dress clothes and the 92 stadium jacket with the fur hood.

Also we have people at different stages of collecting, some people only collect polo three button and T-shirts. Some people like certain lines and only buy those pieces so they would inadvertently be coordinated.

I work with a guy who only has horse and bear polo and thinks he’s doing it his whole collection is casualwear lo. Sum people prefer only the horse and feel like the graphics that we wear our childish (suicide ski, climber graphics, biker graphics) and phrases too ( climb, track, kayak). And I know guys who feel like the horse is feminine.

I will admit I purchase retro/rerelease pieces, if I can find a classic piece DS, I will cop but I don’t want a sweater/jacket that’s on sum fat *** wore for 10 winters with stains and dingy cuffs.

On a small scale is like Jordan’s if you see somebody in team Jordans/fusions we may judge, But they may have preferred the air Jordan 11 Concords, but didn’t have access/means, and had to settle for the fusion Jordan 11/13‘s.
You know whats hilarious ? When you search up polo collections on youtube. Lol the majority of the videos are people showing off the polo shirts they got from department stores/ horse shirts/rugbys..AND You know they have no idea what a stadium or snow beach is. They know polo is fresh but they have no idea why

You know whats hilarious ? When you search up polo collections on youtube. Lol the majority of the videos are people showing off the polo shirts they got from department stores/ horse shirts/rugbys..AND You know they have no idea what a stadium or snow beach is. They know polo is fresh but they have no idea why

Pretty much Ross/tjmaxx pickups, sum like that only, but most aren't informed on the lineage, history, or quality. I feel Young Dro is the greatest example of this, and Ralph holding back the pieces/collections everyone's craving.

If you didn't see it in live action (avg. Lo-life/boosters now age about 50), you couldn't have experienced polos impact, but it was definitely felt. The birth of the Internet allowed us to search the history and view photos and videos of collectors/collections.

One thing I do realize is polo is not in right now, and I think we're all fine with that, I wasn't a fan of the 2007-09 run. Let them keep up with fast fashion, right now you have teen rappers/high school kids influencing what adults wear (ex. MikeRich).

When I mentioned “polo elitist”, I’m referring to those who look down on people who wear/know only little or big horse polo, or re-retro collectors. Or people with limited collections/access/means ( I personally struck out on snow beach pullover, and settled for the CP 93 windbreakers). Collectors who judge the uninformed or misguided. When I see someone pieces together different collections, I may feel it doesn’t make sense, but that’s maybe all they have access too so ........... who are we to judge. Not everyone wants to go to The POLO Olympics in New York to stand in the middle of times Square in dingy/wrinkled 30 year old pieces trying to coordinate. Like 40% of “polo collectors” mash whatever they have together and don’t care about coordinating pieces. I see people mixing and matching different collections I feel don’t go together especially when they’re at opposite ends of the spectrum ( no coordination). But, I have also seen it work a few times. But I have seen Ralph do it on the cat walk and on his website (Example: last year he had a guy in dress clothes and the 92 stadium jacket with the fur hood.

Also we have people at different stages of collecting, some people only collect polo three button and T-shirts. Some people like certain lines and only buy those pieces so they would inadvertently be coordinated.

I work with a guy who only has horse and bear polo and thinks he’s doing it his whole collection is casualwear lo. Sum people prefer only the horse and feel like the graphics that we wear our childish (suicide ski, climber graphics, biker graphics) and phrases too ( climb, track, kayak). And I know guys who feel like the horse is feminine.

I will admit I purchase retro/rerelease pieces, if I can find a classic piece DS, I will cop but I don’t want a sweater/jacket that’s on sum fat *** wore for 10 winters with stains and dingy cuffs.

On a small scale is like Jordan’s if you see somebody in team Jordans/fusions we may judge, But they may have preferred the air Jordan 11 Concords, but didn’t have access/means, and had to settle for the fusion Jordan 11/13‘s.

You know what? If somone stuck a gun to my head and said "You can only choose one type of garment from Ralph ever again", make mine t-shirts. I'm just a t-shirt type guy. Accessorize around it. Since the golden era of Ralph, when he dropped a line, the thing I was most excited about was hooking up the t-shirt with the cap. Most Lo heads, it's alll about the sweater and coats. Put that symbol or patch on the tee, and I'll leave you alone, Ralph. That $20.00 CP-93 tee I got the other day was like nirvana, to me. I don't ask much.

Last edited:
“pieces don’t make sense”.
But sometimes this simply the truth. I agree with a lot you said but I also am not one for the “everyone gets a trophy” thing. I like honest opinions on things even if sometimes negative. I agree trashing somebody just to prove you’re better is bs. But we are all adults we should be able to handle different opinions on “the internet”. I don’t find many people in here to be elitists just passionate about their hobby or lifestyle. Different people have loyalties to the brand for a multitude of reasons. Polo thread is pretty welcoming to me it seems.

It’s comical how RL has all these “digital first access” stuff lined up to be released over the next 2 months to build interest towards their app and Macy’s has already put most of it out with 30% off

Think of the app as your personal shopper they got you true macys and Dillard’s get stuff first but the app will have the hot Ish on reserve for you if you like ie skier capsule all those pieces that were on macys will be available on the app whenever you want on a side note anyone taking bets on blue p wing collection in the spring to go with the indigo stadium

This was very well said. Thanks for posting this. I'm not no OG Lo head but I respect what has been done but most of my pieces have the little pony on em, I grabbed all the new CP-93 /Polo 1992 stuff, have some yacht club pieces / Olympic and bear sweaters, and lots of workwear. It's all about what you have access to/your own style and means. The beauty about Ralph is you could go all out in a crazy coloured fit or be super lowkey about it.

You know what? If somone stuck a gun to my head and said "You can only choose one type of garment from Ralph ever again", make mine t-shirts. I'm just a t-shirt type guy. Accessorize around it. Since the golden era of Ralph, when he dropped a line, the thing I was most excited about was hooking up the t-shirt with the cap. Most Lo heads, it's alll about the sweater and coats. Pull that symbol or patch on the tee, and I'll leave you alone, Ralph. That $20.00 CP-93 tee I got the other day was like nirvana, to me. I don't ask much.

I’m guilty with the Jackets/Coats :lol:

IMG_20190923_131327.jpg

grabbed some Ralph bath towels and wash cloths. These joints are amazing.
Pics on pick ups is all I ask. I really enjoy seeing the quality/texture on personal pics as opposed to the sometimes photoshopped images on some of these retail sites.

I’m guilty with the Jackets/Coats :lol:
Sucker for track jackets here. Also shout-out to homeboy who mentioned styling with different tees. My tastes run the gamut. Whatever looks good, I'll buy. I NEVER purchase msrp though. There literally is no need to. And I still have some nice enough pieces that if someone saw me on the street, they'd be like OK, I see you.

I don't buy for others though. I buy what I like and go from there. That's the beauty of RL. You can get pieces that look dope all across the many lines and freak it however you like on any given day.

My opinions are shaped only by what I've seen personally that RL themselves are capable of versus the majority of the products they rollout these days. There are still some gems released every year, but even the quality on those items is declining.
The Navy, Bright Red, and Ultra Blue Southwestern color palette returns for Fall 2019. Side by Side with the 2015 Cardigan, you notice the lack of efforts in the various thread counts, colors, and patterns, and the obvious use of large areas of empty black space. MSRP is $700. What a huge difference in quality in just 4 short years...The 2019 tneck doesn't even look like an RL product. The decline in quality is even greater for those NTers that lived the era that all of these new retro products are based on.

Buy what you makes you happy, but make sure you are getting the very most for the money that you spend.

20190923_184947.jpg

Attachments

• 20190923_184947.jpg
    20190923_184947.jpg
    395.1 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Beware skier sweats don’t match the pic dude is smack center on the crotch not off to one leg looks weird that’s a return for me dawg

Back
Top Bottom