**The Official Ralph Lauren Polo Thread**

Grabbed this off the clearance rack at the outlet with a 25% coupon. Paid 38 after tax
20210522_223108.jpg

What race card. You were not in a sound clash in the 90s in brooklyn because no white guys went to those
clashes. These are facts. Not opinions. You cant ban the truth dude. You talking with island vernacular like you were more official than me. You were not at any of the golden era clashes.

I am stating fact not opinion. You tried to be more official than me and found out you were talking to an actual jamaican from the culture I am designing from.

You had no idea where I was from and you thought I was a wanna be. And you assumed wrong.

A actual island person is designing an island line.
Thats what you folks in the states call KEEPING IT REAL.

Aint that right?

Sneaker heads like people from the sneaker culture.
Im designing a dancehall line and I am actually from the culture and... participates
in the culture. And I actually owned a sound system on ocean ave in brooklyn in the 1990s.
I was lifting boxes onto trucks to do parties from 1992 to 1999.

Is that what I think they are...
Is that an original press of d brown to the foundation?
Original press with the version. No re issue.

I was doing it before mp3 my g.
tunes man.jpg

This man is speaking truth ... Sound clash in the 90s was epic... Flatbush was on tilt... 😂

has anyone ever attempted to remove the embroidered pony on something like this? 🤔
Screenshot_1408.png
That would be a no-go.

I've played with some old Goodwill polos that I've had, and, with that density of embroidery and the interweaving (?) of it with the base material, all you'd achieve is a messy hole in your joint. A material-matched patch over it is the best you could hope for.

Find another exact shirt or Ralphy rugby just like it slippin' out there, and cut a small swatch off for the patch. Or go to a fabric place to match it up.

has anyone ever attempted to remove the embroidered pony on something like this? 🤔
Screenshot_1408.png
That would be a no-go.

I've played with some old Goodwill polos that I've had, and, with that density of embroidery and the interweaving (?) of it with the base material, all you'd achieve is a messy hole in your joint. A material-matched patch over it is the best you could hope for.

Find another exact shirt or Ralphy rugby just like it slippin' out there, and cut a small swatch off for the patch. Or go to a fabric place to match it up.
Not worth the bother.
Just leave it and rock it.

9B63B49F-D8D4-4FD7-A9E4-7A7205CE8EA0.jpeg

708E8595-E778-4DC8-A6B5-8C871AA0DC4C.jpeg

I like these but most likely pass

74F6AEFE-C62B-4F7A-9F82-A6D022613CAA.jpeg

Layout is ok but This is a most definitely pass for me.
Get ready for the onslaught of page after page of the same things 🙄

I can’t wait for this collection.

I always get a few pieces from every Olympic collection. There’s always some good quality stuff, and some great one off designs.

looks like they’ll be doing chariots of fire / stadium 2019 stuff for Tokyo games, along with the remixed stadium 92 stuff.

anyone know the drop date for first batch of Tokyo stuff?

where are these ?
Hit up BIGGUNZBK on the gram

I can’t wait for this collection.

I always get a few pieces from every Olympic collection. There’s always some good quality stuff, and some great one off designs.

looks like they’ll be doing chariots of fire / stadium 2019 stuff for Tokyo games, along with the remixed stadium 92 stuff.

anyone know the drop date for first batch of Tokyo stuff?
Last one I did was 2010 Olympics
polo and rugby
dam near every piece even samples.
Even lost a few pieces 🤷🏽‍♂️
The years that followed was ehhhh imo.
I just want to red white blue tank that was previously supposed to drop 2018/19 but ended up being sold at a sample sale

9B63B49F-D8D4-4FD7-A9E4-7A7205CE8EA0.jpeg

708E8595-E778-4DC8-A6B5-8C871AA0DC4C.jpeg

I like these but most likely pass

74F6AEFE-C62B-4F7A-9F82-A6D022613CAA.jpeg

Layout is ok but This is a most definitely pass for me.
Get ready for the onslaught of page after page of the same things 🙄
The main thing that I look forward to from any Ralphy Olympic drop is, a) indication Ralphy is still King of the Hill, (He's officially repping the entire USofA overseas), and b) he is forced to swim in or close to those KSwiss waters. For years, that was the only way to get close to him bringing back the classic KSwiss. He never would nail it, but he let us know he didn't forget it. Last 4 years, that hasn't been an issue, but for a long time, I could only dream.

Not worth the bother.
Just leave it and rock it.
I get the OCD-obsession with removing that horsey. I guarantee you that dude who posted, every time he looks at that joint, his eyes go straight to that horse. To the point where, that's all he sees. Forget the rest of the joint.

What you said above is perfectly logical, Krash. But many lanes of Lo game defies logic. LOL!
Do you know how much accrued time and money I've spent just trying to remove a pocket, add a patch, or change a color? I could have just went out bought an OG Snowbeach.

This will possibly be RL's most iconic Olympic collection with the incorporation of the retro Stadium design cues. I usually purchase one item from each Olympic collection, and I already have my favorite item from 2020 which is the Royal Blue USA mesh rugby. It's perfect.

RL hasn't shown an opening ceremony team jacket or blazer, but Im hoping for something very nice to surface.

My favorite Olympic collection is Winter 2018. The heated opening ceremony parka and water resistant boots were epic.

Screenshot_20210508-110210_Chrome.jpg

that’s a beautiful hat. It’s a collection of remixed hi tech colors, stripes and color blocking , and then .. not sure how to describe it, but it reminds me of various fonts and designs from 80s posters forexhibits at artmuseums... anyone know what could of design those fonts are called?
Late, but always meant to answer the question, and never did. I believe the description of the style you are looking for is "Art Deco".

Back
Top Bottom