**The Official Ralph Lauren Polo Thread**

IMG_1431.jpeg
Outlet pickup, came out to $77.71 after 30% coupon, not bad. I’ll keep an eye if it goes lower.

Most of the new Lo sucks and the promo ain't that great

Money saved
With prices steadily climbing and quality steadily dipping, it's been easy to pass on new lo. There have definitely been a couple of things that catch my eye online here and there but none of it at a price point that's worth risking to see whether the **** actually has the same patches as shown in the pictures.

With prices steadily climbing and quality steadily dipping, it's been easy to pass on new lo. There have definitely been a couple of things that catch my eye online here and there but none of it at a price point that's worth risking to see whether the **** actually has the same patches as shown in the pictures.
Even stuff from the first 2017/2018 retros are a little funky. Alot of the sweatshirts and hoodies are boxy in the torso, giving it a raggedy look, where the originals had a nice tapered cut. The bmx hoodie was probably the best item in years to me. I’m really confused as to why they choose to do that one item so spectacular and then go back to their old cheap ways with everything else.

Since quality is all over the place, and there aren’t polo review videos like there are for shoes, this forum is about the only place to find such info, maybe a new thread just dedicated to reviews and quality checks? A master list of all the good **** and how it actually is in real life? I’m gonna start and just give a quick review for what I’ve picked up lately:

*Colorado polo sport tee: 8/10 quality, fits a little short
*Dry goods deer tee: 9/10 quality, fits tts
*Polo bear embroidered tee: 8/10 quality, fits tts
*Rl co tractor tee: 9/10 quality, fits tts

Very impressed with these tees, all have old tags or polo sport tags. I guess you gotta check for the alt tags, new style tags will be trash now.

*Hi tech parka: 7/10 the navy blue fades just by looking at it, it’s not nearly water resistant I got soaked in light rain, but it’s sturdy and the zippers are fantastic
*Hi tech anorak: 6/10 quality, feels thin and cheap arms are really short, boxy, made for Raekwon’s body type, instant return
*Sportsman all over graphic hoodie: 8/10 quality,print is great, goofy neckline ruins it, instant return
*Blue/green sportsman longbill: had to pay resale but worth every penny 10/10, quality is on point, might be the best lo hat ever made
*CP-93 crest/riviera: 8/10 feel very light and thin in a good way tho, worn them every day no issues
*Indian head shirt jacket 2015: 10/10 one of the finest polo Ralph Lauren fabrics I’ve ever felt, absolutely perfect
*racing patch joggers 2020: 6/10 fades after one wash even with woolite black, gets pilly
*racing patch long bill: 9/10 very good quality would be a 10 but the clapse comes loose alot
*art deco long bill: 6/10 looks nice but it’s that same navy blue material from the hi tech parka, it shows white marks and fading almost immediately, not even worth the $60 rn

Most of the new Lo sucks and the promo ain't that great

Money saved
It's the prices for me and that's why I've cut spending or elevated to luxury brands; hoodie prices with tax are beginning to hover around $200 and that's ridiculous. Besides, I have so much Lo in storage BNWT that I really don't need anything. When I go to my local factory store in L.A. the store is quiet except for tourists. The locals are going to HM and Zara.

Ahhhhhhh i don’t know how I feel about this

Attachments

• IMG_1488.png
    IMG_1488.png
    592.3 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_1490.png
    IMG_1490.png
    749.8 KB · Views: 205
  • IMG_1489.png
    IMG_1489.png
    509.7 KB · Views: 469
Picked up a shirt I've been waiting to go on sale^^

Saks needs to have one of their 70 off sales again. They been holding steady on prices for awhile now...
Yea I keep checking with saks and their prices remain the same and they have been the same for a minute now smh

Since quality is all over the place, and there aren’t polo review videos like there are for shoes, this forum is about the only place to find such info, maybe a new thread just dedicated to reviews and quality checks? A master list of all the good **** and how it actually is in real life? I’m gonna start and just give a quick review for what I’ve picked up lately:

Very impressed with these tees, all have old tags or polo sport tags. I guess you gotta check for the alt tags, new style tags will be trash now.

*Hi tech parka: 7/10 the navy blue fades just by looking at it, it’s not nearly water resistant I got soaked in light rain, but it’s sturdy and the zippers are fantastic
*Hi tech anorak: 6/10 quality, feels thin and cheap arms are really short, boxy, made for Raekwon’s body type, instant return
*Sportsman all over graphic hoodie: 8/10 quality,print is great, goofy neckline ruins it, instant return
*Blue/green sportsman longbill: had to pay resale but worth every penny 10/10, quality is on point, might be the best lo hat ever made
*CP-93 crest/riviera: 8/10 feel very light and thin in a good way tho, worn them every day no issues
*Indian head shirt jacket 2015: 10/10 one of the finest polo Ralph Lauren fabrics I’ve ever felt, absolutely perfect
*racing patch joggers 2020: 6/10 fades after one wash even with woolite black, gets pilly
*racing patch long bill: 9/10 very good quality would be a 10 but the clapse comes loose alot
*art deco long bill: 6/10 looks nice but it’s that same navy blue material from the hi tech parka, it shows white marks and fading almost immediately, not even worth the $60 rn
Great idea, but this is very difficult to do since the majority of "LOs" are only experts on a very small piece of the World of Ralph Lauren. And even less have actually touched the clothing Ralph markets as high quality. An 8/10 score doesn't hold much weight when we don't know what your baseline comparison is.

Great idea, but this is very difficult to do since the majority of "LOs" are only experts on a very small piece of the World of Ralph Lauren. And even less have actually touched the clothing Ralph markets as high quality. An 8/10 score doesn't hold much weight when we don't know what your baseline comparison is.
Good points, I don’t mess with only the super hype stuff, I wear everything but purple label, never even seen that in real life. But let’s take the tees I mentioned, those scores would be comparing to the classic fit basic tees, which I score a 5/10 if I’m feeling generous. I scored the jackets and hoodies lower because the baseline is the double knit basic hoodies and for jackets I’d use a basic Harrington jacket, both solid 8s in quality.

A lot of this retro stuff looks great but falls apart quickly, that never happens to a double knit hoodie, they can be washed 100s of times and just fade a little. I’ve paid retail for lo shirts that the graphic wore off after 1 wash like it’s h&m. Maybe we can’t agree to a rating system maybe a warning system. Like a don’t buy section. And an approved section. It really is this bad that we need to do something.

Pictures don’t even have the correct designs, like those camo Mojave bottoms don’t even come with the multicolor drawstring, and that bmx black hoodie doesn’t have the writing on all 4 Sides of the box, site shows 6 patches, you really get 3. When polo is good, it’s the best deal in the game, it’s like Nike, when they want they can give you premium materials and good qc, but they put out too much bull****, and it all looks good up on the site. It’s especially risky buying 2017-2022 items from eBay cause most sellers don’t do returns. You get some steals tho it’s crazy, but then I’m stuck having to resell those pieces. Is there trading/selling allowed here? I tried to post a steal I found at Marshall’s for what I paid and it got blocked.

This is actually a great idea I need to go through my stuff I’ve got my fair share of newer stuff even I mostly rock vintage.

Good points, I don’t mess with only the super hype stuff, I wear everything but purple label, never even seen that in real life. But let’s take the tees I mentioned, those scores would be comparing to the classic fit basic tees, which I score a 5/10 if I’m feeling generous. I scored the jackets and hoodies lower because the baseline is the double knit basic hoodies and for jackets I’d use a basic Harrington jacket, both solid 8s in quality.

A lot of this retro stuff looks great but falls apart quickly, that never happens to a double knit hoodie, they can be washed 100s of times and just fade a little. I’ve paid retail for lo shirts that the graphic wore off after 1 wash like it’s h&m. Maybe we can’t agree to a rating system maybe a warning system. Like a don’t buy section. And an approved section. It really is this bad that we need to do something.

Pictures don’t even have the correct designs, like those camo Mojave bottoms don’t even come with the multicolor drawstring, and that bmx black hoodie doesn’t have the writing on all 4 Sides of the box, site shows 6 patches, you really get 3. When polo is good, it’s the best deal in the game, it’s like Nike, when they want they can give you premium materials and good qc, but they put out too much bull****, and it all looks good up on the site. It’s especially risky buying 2017-2022 items from eBay cause most sellers don’t do returns. You get some steals tho it’s crazy, but then I’m stuck having to resell those pieces. Is there trading/selling allowed here? I tried to post a steal I found at Marshall’s for what I paid and it got blocked.
Well said. Based on that, you paint a clear picture of your ratings. This could help a lot of people determine the best and the worst is.

Back
Top Bottom